Armo out with a knee: 3 to 4 weeks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
rexy wrote:I dont think he does enough in the defensive side of the game, great tackler at stoppages etc but doesnt get to enough contests or cover his man /space well, also often does not run and spread enough while we have the ball IMO.

The reason Mini gets a game every week is that he does this stuff very well, this is why he can get the easy marks at 35-40 metres out, he runs and spreads when we get the ball.
spot on.

great being in and under.

not so good if you get it only 12 times and you cant run to cover your opponent or get to a contest.

IF Armo could balance winning the hard ball with getting on the end of some outside ball more I reckon hed be a walk up.

very ball like right now.
Ball like in what way. Ball has had a very good year. Armo has been average at best. Ball like this year and Armo is a certainty picked.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
SainterK wrote:With so many possible reasons why Armo may not be in the side, just wondering why it's assumed that it's down to a case of coaches favourites?

There is currently a place for a clearance midfielder in the St Kilda side, Luke didn't want it, Armo certainly doesn't get it by default...

Someone needs to stand up and take it IMO.
Spot on, Eddy Geary Steven Heyne and Armo all had a shot, not one of them has put their stamp on it, not one of them has stood up and said, now that i am in i will not be going out.

Professional football coaches dont have favourites, they may have some that they put more faith in than others, but not favourites.
Agree with both the above.

Worst possible time for Armo to get this injury. Will find it hard to break back into the senior side once he returns, as we will be hopefully looking at a pretty settled side leading up to finals. Wold need to play some exceptional footy for Sandy upon his return

I actually fear for his future at St Kilda post-2010. First round pick who hasnt cemented his place after 4 years, when rthere was an opening right there for him. Would walk into Gold Coasts starting 22 and I get the sneaking suspicion thats what might be happening in 2011

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Armitage is a long long long long long way from being a good ordinary player let alone a star.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Where is Armoo? Use to enjoy his "inside reporting" on his brother.
I would love to know from Armoo the extent of Armo's injury, whether he is happy at the Club, with the Coach, with the Senior playing group, his contract position and anything else that is important for his future at the StKFC.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

rexy wrote:
lefty wrote:F***, at first I thought I heard he did his knee, and I was thinking "oh get farked..."

3-4 weeks is much better than a year.

It just makes me so angry that Eddy gets a game before Armo.

Who in our midfield is an in and under player?
Who in our midfield tackles harder than armo?

No one.

Total bs that he's not playing imo.

Eddy is way below Armo status.

Ross needs to stop picking his favourites... aka Eddy, aka Dempster (which im sure will be in soon enough)
Hayes Jones Montagna DalSanto Goddard all play in and under when needed, all tackle as hard as possible as well, When Armo runs to make himself an option as hard as he cans and chases and runs to fill space or get posessions as hard as he can then he will get a game.

IMO
Spot on Rexy...

While I don't rate Eddy very highly, his role in the team is different to what Armo's is.

Eddy plays the defensive half forward, primarily in the side to apply pressure, be an occasional link player, bonus if he bobs up & kicks a goal. IMO Eddy needs to get to dangerous spots more often as he is paid the least amount of respect by defenders. He's one who could sneak under the radar & get away for a cheap goal or two.

It's clear that Armo is primarily an inside clearance player. People underestimate how much Jones has filled the void left by Ball's departure & Ross obviously believes the spot on the 22 that could be Armo's is filled by a different type of player as his role is covered by others.

In reality Eddy is competing for a spot with Lynch, Heyne, and other half forward types. Once Grammy returns his spot will be goneski.

BTW people should really get over the Ball saga, he decided to leave, he went, get on with life.

rexy
SS Life Member

Animal Enclosure wrote:
rexy wrote:
lefty wrote:F***, at first I thought I heard he did his knee, and I was thinking "oh get farked..."

3-4 weeks is much better than a year.

It just makes me so angry that Eddy gets a game before Armo.

Who in our midfield is an in and under player?
Who in our midfield tackles harder than armo?

No one.

Total bs that he's not playing imo.

Eddy is way below Armo status.

Ross needs to stop picking his favourites... aka Eddy, aka Dempster (which im sure will be in soon enough)
Hayes Jones Montagna DalSanto Goddard all play in and under when needed, all tackle as hard as possible as well, When Armo runs to make himself an option as hard as he cans and chases and runs to fill space or get posessions as hard as he can then he will get a game.

IMO
Spot on Rexy...

While I don't rate Eddy very highly, his role in the team is different to what Armo's is.

Eddy plays the defensive half forward, primarily in the side to apply pressure, be an occasional link player, bonus if he bobs up & kicks a goal. IMO Eddy needs to get to dangerous spots more often as he is paid the least amount of respect by defenders. He's one who could sneak under the radar & get away for a cheap goal or two.

It's clear that Armo is primarily an inside clearance player. People underestimate how much Jones has filled the void left by Ball's departure & Ross obviously believes the spot on the 22 that could be Armo's is filled by a different type of player as his role is covered by others.

In reality Eddy is competing for a spot with Lynch, Heyne, and other half forward types. Once Grammy returns his spot will be goneski.

BTW people should really get over the Ball saga, he decided to leave, he went, get on with life.
This is why I beleive that Lynch is close to selection and also why he would have been played in defense on the weekend, Lynch is the perfect offensive player for that role, just need to know that defensively he is up to it, understands the structures, works hard to zone off, get to the contests, cover space and then switch to covering the man etc. Steven was all at sea in this area IMO and thats why he got dropped after kicking a couple of goals.

Maybe this year?
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:Where is Armoo? Use to enjoy his "inside reporting" on his brother.
I would love to know from Armoo the extent of Armo's injury, whether he is happy at the Club, with the Coach, with the Senior playing group, his contract position and anything else that is important for his future at the StKFC.
DWOODROW is who you're thing of, not Armoo.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Go Sainters Go
Club Player

You are right Bernard - changed his nic from Armoooo. Still, be good to hear where Armo is at though.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
shmic_s
Club Player

Go Sainters Go wrote:You are right Bernard - changed his nic from Armoooo. Still, be good to hear where Armo is at though.
I think you will find that Armooo and DWOODROW are different posters. DWOODROW has never changed his name and Armooo is still around here some where in the cyberspace.

3:16
Club Player

Think you may find him @ Gold Coast next year, along with a much higher profile team-mate!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Go Sainters Go wrote:You are right Bernard - changed his nic from Armoooo. Still, be good to hear where Armo is at though.
No two different posters.

One a fan.

One a sibling.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

3:16 wrote:Think you may find him @ Gold Coast next year, along with a much higher profile team-mate!!!!!
Means we will have a few first rounders coming our way..... one they can get if they are out of contract but will have to trade with us to get the other.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith