the board has gone quiet

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:
bigcarl wrote:if this group wants a premiership, they need to turn it on in the next month.
The next month of football will be very telling.

The big man walked past me on friday night... I'm just over 6' 4" and go to the gym 3-4 times a week, and he made me feel like a soft little coach potato with noodles for arms... the guy is gonna make all his teammates lift and opponents whither just by being out there.
i presume you're talking about the skipper.

he needs to address them before the game this week i think.

we'd better be within striking distance of the top 2 when he returns, otherwise his teammates have let him down badly.

he could be excused for not wanting to carry them around any more if that happens.
i like my post here so mucjh that i'm going to make a separate thread of it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:
bigcarl wrote:if this group wants a premiership, they need to turn it on in the next month.
The next month of football will be very telling.

The big man walked past me on friday night... I'm just over 6' 4" and go to the gym 3-4 times a week, and he made me feel like a soft little coach potato with noodles for arms... the guy is gonna make all his teammates lift and opponents whither just by being out there.
i presume you're talking about the skipper.

he needs to address them before the game this week i think.

we'd better be within striking distance of the top 2 when he returns, otherwise his teammates have let him down badly.

he could be excused for not wanting to carry them around any more if that happens.
i like my post here so mucjh that i'm going to make a separate thread of it.
I like your modesty so much, I may contribute to your new thread :wink:

ACTSAINTER
Club Player

Matt Maguire!..............Ladies and Gentleman, lets have a good clean fight, no low blows and retire to nuetral corner in the event of a knockdown

Im still recovering from the last time I dared to mention his name Ouch!

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."
markp
Saintsational Legend

We miss Luke Ball.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GT is still a better coach than RL. There can actually no doubt about that.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:GT is still a better coach than RL. There can actually no doubt about that.
Glenn Tilbrook and his band had some great songs but I didn't know he could coach AFL. :?

wasaintsfan
Club Player

we shouldve kept lovett..... our reps not worth half as much as he could give us!!!!

shouldve gone all out for barry hall... he wouldve loved to be back in saints colours... wouldve been interesting watching him and lovett together...

shouldve sacked lyon and hired a midget in a clown suit to do is job.... much more interesting on game day

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

RL has no faults or flaws, he is the best coach ever, and I blindly adore him. 8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:GT is still a better coach than RL. There can actually no doubt about that.
Glenn Tilbrook and his band had some great songs but I didn't know he could coach AFL. :?
He couldnt but Grant Thomas was easily the Saints best coach since Allan Jeans and Ross Lyon is still a long way behind both.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i loved goose and it was a tragedy in football terms what happened to him injury wise.

he was going to be a champ for us. tough, courageous, creative, strong, a great clubman.

i wish he'd been given at least one last shot at it. the match against the bulldogs in the second half of last season that kosi missed through injury/suspension was the opportunity.

goose would have been a perfect like-for-like replacement. like kosi possibly a little slow, but very strong aerially. had he come in and kicked three or four goals he might still be a saint.

unfortunately, he was overlooked and it's all water under the bridge now.

if he ever gets back to what he was going to be, i'll be very sad and regretful that we let him go.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

wasaintsfan wrote:shouldve sacked lyon and hired a midget in a clown suit to do is job.... much more interesting on game day
Possibly said in jest, but it's not as silly as it sounds.

Actually their records not that bad. I mean, when was the last time a midget in a clown suit was sacked as coach of an AFL team???

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: the board has gone quiet

bigcarl wrote:
degruch wrote:
bigcarl wrote:it's been so quiet that i'm wondering if we've lost regular posters to big footy and facebook.
I certainly hope so...unfortunately, I expect they'll be back if we lose to Freo, will certainly reappear before the Geelong game to remind everyone how crap we are and how we will lose by 100 points. :roll:
nah, it takes all types.

i reckon constructive criticism is important to the club, which i think regularly monitors this board. there's some great ideas, initiatives and observations regularly posted here.

the ones that p*** me off are the ones who have nothing constructive to add. it's more about their own egos and scoring points off other posters than it is about helping the club.
They're the one's I'm talking about...and they know who they are too!

ACTSAINTER
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:i loved goose and it was a tragedy in football terms what happened to him injury wise.

he was going to be a champ for us. tough, courageous, creative, strong, a great clubman.

i wish he'd been given at least one last shot at it. the match against the bulldogs in the second half of last season that kosi missed through injury/suspension was the opportunity.

goose would have been a perfect like-for-like replacement. like kosi possibly a little slow, but very strong aerially. had he come in and kicked three or four goals he might still be a saint.

unfortunately, he was overlooked and it's all water under the bridge now.

if he ever gets back to what he was going to be, i'll be very sad and regretful that we let him go.
Yep!

"Oh I do love to be beside the sea side..........................................."
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

It is quiet on here because we didn't play on the weekend. However, I have heard that Richmond were magnificent against the team they played on Friday night. If I didn't know better, I think they may have even won it......:lol:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
degruch
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:It is quiet on here because we didn't play on the weekend. However, I have heard that Richmond were magnificent against the team they played on Friday night. If I didn't know better, I think they may have even won it......:lol:
Yes, Richmond were galant, so I read...or at least like a Galant, drag racing a misfiring E49 Hemi.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SACRED COWS ???

COLESLAW RECIPIES???

Now there are a couple of topics that have stirred a fair bit of passion over the journey :roll: :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

na exa
Club Player

#12 on the wing ... great idea 66. 8-) :lol:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

na exa wrote:#12 on the wing ... great idea 66. 8-) :lol:
Yes, I have to hand it to you plugger with a grudging admiration that it would be worth a try. One of your better contributions.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
SainterK wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
SainterK wrote:bigcarl, we have won the last couple, the argumentative don't drop in so often :wink:
yeah, i hope that's all it is.
I'm sure it is, a few weeks ago we all sorts of posts writing off the season....now strangely quiet.
where is old P66? i miss him a bit. at least he keeps you on your toes.

he can be on your toes...not mine...thank you very muchly....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:SACRED COWS ???

COLESLAW RECIPIES???

Now there are a couple of topics that have stirred a fair bit of passion over the journey :roll: :roll: :wink: !!

seith africuns?????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
na exa wrote:#12 on the wing ... great idea 66. 8-) :lol:
Yes, I have to hand it to you plugger with a grudging admiration that it would be worth a try. One of your better contributions.
Worth a try, same with BJ at FF. :wink:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: I think...

bigcarl wrote:
Stjohn wrote:Kosi might be targetted by GC.....
would they want him on current form?

i hope we don't lose him and that he can turn it around because i've always liked him as a player.

there is just so much unfulfilled potential there, though, and imo we made a mistake in hoping he'd kick us a winning score in riewoldt's absence.

he's not good enough as a forward to do that.

i'd like to see him used in the ruck a lot more because he has a lot to offer around the ground. I also reckon he'd improve on his goal-kicking average this season in that role.
GC may offer a 4th round draft pick if we can talk them into it...:lol:

Scott Clayton is no dummie..

4th round in a compromised draft...what a winner that would be.... :lol: :lol:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D