Good game b/w Coll and WB but we beat both of them

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Good game b/w Coll and WB but we beat both of them

Now we need to beat Freo out of Melbourne to show the footy world that we are the real deal.

We must win one of the next two games, otherwise we will be 8 and 5 with 2 losses in a row.

If we are to believe in ouselves this year, we must win at least one of these games and no blowouts if we lose one.

Of course, two wins would be superb.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Agree Milan ..next week is a huge opportunity to set up the following week...think the boys should be confident of being able to play the ground after the eagles game but the competition is a step up..throw everything at em before the bye and rest up for the rematch against the cats ;-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Saintsfan
Club Player

I expect us to beat Fremantle this week regardless of how they went yesterday.

Yes they have improved however I believe we have a better squad of players that should be able to beat them anywhere anytime.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:I expect us to beat Fremantle this week regardless of how they went yesterday.

Yes they have improved however I believe we have a better squad of players that should be able to beat them anywhere anytime.
I hope so and I like your confidence. Sandilands should get off but that would be a big win for us. Haing said that, we roved him beautifully last time.

battye
Saintsational Legend

The Pies vs Bulldogs game was great. To be fair, I was only listening half-heartedly on the radio - but I started to pay attention in the final quarter when WB made that massive comeback.

As I mentioned in another thread, it was hard to know who to support for this match. But a Pies win isn't so bad I suppose, it puts WB a few games out of the top 4. I was barracking for WB to pull it back, and they did. A 10 point win isn't much of a percentage booster. At 3/4 time when Pies were (I think) 43 points up it could have been a real blowout. As it stands now, only 2% separates us from second position.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Marcus1232
Club Player

the pies actually lost 3%

ThePunter
Club Player

Cats are starting to look a little dinged up.

Mooney, Podsiadly, Ling, Ottens, Rooke, Corey, Scarlett & Hawkins all injured.

We have Riewoldt and Gram out of our best 22 (and probably Dawson).

Look at the teams from the weekend, compared to the Grand Final:

St Kilda: In - Stanley, Eddy, McEvoy, Peake, Geary, Gwilt
Out - Ball, Riewoldt, Gram, Dempster, Dawson, King

McEvoy for King and Gwilt for Dempster are upgrades.

Geelong: In - T Hunt, Simpson, Podsiadly (now hurt), Stokes, J Hunt, Hogan, Lonergan
Out - Ottens, Ling, Rooke, Corey, Scarlett, Hawkins, Harley

Not too many upgrades there. Maybe J Hunt for Harley or J-Pod for Hawkins.

Even without Riewoldt, we may be a fighting chance against the Cats, which I wouldn't have thought seven days ago. Just finding some form too.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Pies/Dogs game was pretty ordinary for a top 4 game and supposed blockbuster. Don't let the final score fool you.

The bulldogs were disgusting for 3.5 quarters,they are just so soft,they can't win the flag. The pies were good,but took the foot completly off in the quarter when they were 7 goals up. Bulldogs got on a roll in junktime and the final score made it look like an epic battle.

Neither side will get near Geelong

Bring back the Lockett era
wasaintsfan
Club Player

bulldogs dont seem to be the goods this year... and may miss top 6 all together 6th on the ladder atm but struggling to beat anyside worthy atm other then a depleted sydney whos been down on form

collingwood seem to be at it again... when it comes to the big games they struggle .... very good mid year team but seem to fall away late against the tougher opponents in the tougher atmosphere

colligwood should take a top 4 spot but will more or less exit like last year