this week's raph thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

These stars on this forum who persistently knock Raph week after week and turn a blind eye to the poor performance of all the other Saints, of course they are not racists. No, I dont for one minute think they are, but I cant for the life of me think of one other reason for their behaviouir.

derby Street
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:Seriously, he made some shocking mistakes. Does anyone really think he would get a game at Geelong? Because if he was as good as what everyone says, he would.
Seriously a lot of others made more shocking mistakes. To be fair we should ping them as well while we are at it.

As for Geelong - Hogan, Hunt, Taylor, Londegran, chuck Kelly & Varcoe in there as well .?, :shock:

Solar
Saintsational Legend

couple of things

most of us "lovers" just think that he is important to the team and when he plays well the team improves out of sight. We get sick and tired of people canning him over "turnovers" and point out that even our very good players turn the ball over (notice we never had a gilbert bash but he gives me as much heartburn as raph does when he butchers the ball). So no he is not lenny hayes but thats not the point. Till you GET the point stp posting in these threads.

He actually has a lovely kick but the problem is he has always played the game in space and tries to take the perfect path when under pressure or without the space. Also needs to have more intensity and focus on every disposal. This will come with games in a row and confidence that brings. Decision making and intensity it his biggest flaws. Hard running, tackling and ability to get into the right position to get the ball are his strengths. No other player gets as much rubbish posted on him as raph does.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saintnick12
Club Player

Definately wish I'd sat in a different spot last night. :wink:
So many people here with rational opinions on Raph and his value to the team Not so the people who were sitting around me. He was getting abused from all sides around me - completely spoiled the game for me.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Saintsfan
Club Player

derby Street wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Seriously, he made some shocking mistakes. Does anyone really think he would get a game at Geelong? Because if he was as good as what everyone says, he would.
Seriously a lot of others made more shocking mistakes. To be fair we should ping them as well while we are at it.

As for Geelong - Hogan, Hunt, Taylor, Londegran, chuck Kelly & Varcoe in there as well .?, :shock:
The point is though that he makes mistakes that would make a 10 year old look bad.

He continue to provide positives but until he can wipe the 10 year old mistakes out of his game he will continue to be scrutinised.

The Saintsfan Cometh
saint tezza
Club Player

Raph plays some good games but as the last poster said .

He makes some inexcuseable errors that burn into your conscience and sometime negate all the good things he does.

He could never be accused of lacking courage , is better in the air than most of our other defenders but if only he could eliminate those ugly turnovers that invariably result in goals to the opposition then he would be gold.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I like to see him attack more

He's actually quite exciting when he breaks the line and his disposal is much better when he's not standing still looking for some1 to chip it to.

He positions himself very well too

I thought he had a good game last night

On a side note, I think we're not a talented enough team to play the chip a round, possession game that we do.
We look much better when we take the opposition on

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I thought it was his sloppiest game of the year.

About four clangers to start the game, played well in the middle and then more dreadful clangers in the final qtr.

He needs to improve his disposal or he will continue to get heavily critisised.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Great game.

Has really bulked up too....Notice the strength he display in his game now too.

Has a great ability to get a fist in there too!