Happy with the win, not all that happy with the performance

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Happy with the win, not all that happy with the performance

This was a chance to really bury a side, much like we did to North Melbourne. Getting the 4 points is fantastic, it all counts... but our form in the last few weeks, especially tonight, doesn't inspire me with as much confidence as I'd like heading into what will be a tough draw over the next month-and-a-bit.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Win is a win

Looked like we were running around 3/4 pace and had the game in control.

Need no more injuries for what we have coming up in the next few weeks

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't so much a lack of effort, I think an error was made with selection, and way too much was left to a few in the middle?

Is Armo in the bad books, does anyone know why he isn't getting a game? I am getting a bit cross about it, I hope he is doing everything possible to push his way in and will start stepping up to repay some of the faith shown in him :?

Just with Zac out and not having the luxury of Goddard in the middle as much this week....really not sure how Lenny and Dal were ever going to win the clearances/contested ball?

battye
Saintsational Legend

How is Armo's form in the VFL? I remember reading a few saying Geary and Armo were among the best last week - but did they absolutely dominate? Armo has been on the St Kilda list for about 4 years now - he should be dominating games at VFL level and demanding selection.

Kosi desperately needs to find form, at the moment Milne is our key forward / full forward / marking forward. I actually don't have a problem with this if he can do it consistently, but Milne is at his most dangerous when he's crumbing and kicking a goal on the run with the occasional mark, and for this we need an in-form tall forward(Kosi or Riewoldt or both).

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Points are valid, but we are a work in progress. We've had the toughest draw to this point, but by crimeney's our last 9 are a lot softer.

Write off the next 2 (mind you I reckon we'll seriously trouble Freo)...the Cats off a 5 day break back from the west is reeeeeasonably tough. But, we'll keep improving and the momentum we'll gain off a Roo return will be massive. Talk about the second coming.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Sainter_4_life
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote:
Write off the next 2 (mind you I reckon we'll seriously trouble Freo)...the Cats off a 5 day break back from the west is reeeeeasonably tough. But, we'll keep improving and the momentum we'll gain off a Roo return will be massive. Talk about the second coming.
it's actually the cats off a 12 day break....there is a split round bye in between

bigred
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:How is Armo's form in the VFL? I remember reading a few saying Geary and Armo were among the best last week - but did they absolutely dominate? Armo has been on the St Kilda list for about 4 years now - he should be dominating games at VFL level and demanding selection.

Kosi desperately needs to find form, at the moment Milne is our key forward / full forward / marking forward. I actually don't have a problem with this if he can do it consistently, but Milne is at his most dangerous when he's crumbing and kicking a goal on the run with the occasional mark, and for this we need an in-form tall forward(Kosi or Riewoldt or both).
Armo and Geary were in the best, got a lot of touches but absolutely murdered the ball. Neither deserved a call up to be honest.

Milne should have kicked eight last night.

I am expecting us to actually beat Freo....and at least give Geelong a contest.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintnick12
Club Player

A win's a win. Its hard to be disappointed with a 6 goal win. When we kicked the first of the third we hit 36pts in front and really looked like we would and should win by 10 goals plus. The butchering the ball all over the ground and missed shots at goal were disappointing. But we got the 4 points and an improvement in our percentage so its hard to be too disappointed. We would want to improve next week to beat FREO over there though.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
Is Armo in the bad books, does anyone know why he isn't getting a game? I am getting a bit cross about it, I hope he is doing everything possible to push his way in and will start stepping up to repay some of the faith shown in him :?
Just a coincidence hes not being played, contact up, Gold Coast start next year? I hope not but have a bad feeling

Before Im 85
saintnick12
Club Player

saintsrus wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Just a coincidence hes not being played, contact up, Gold Coast start next year? I hope not but have a bad feeling
Look out. I've mentioned this before and been howled down. He was dropped twice when then were others worse than him. Seems to be having a hard time...and that was before the other news came out.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.