Ross isolating Blake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Ross isolating Blake

At the 3qtr time huddle, Ross stood Blakey next to him and started acting out some body work errors that the Space Cadet made on Riewoldt.

I saw it on the TV coverage, what did everyone who saw it make of it?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

In all fairness it was the team that let blake down. To the tigers credit they moved it fast and past the zone, where the ball was kicked to Riewoldts space and advantage, not many of our defenders could've done much. Good body work by jack.

Carpe Diem
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not sure if he was getting a scold like it looked on camera, Jason Blake was the one who seemed angry with Jason Blake....

realdeal
Club Player

yeah, i don't think it was aimed at Blake, he was just the closest player for Ross to demonstrate what he was talking about.

In saying that, Blake couldv'e gone back harder to help fisher late in the 3rd/early 4th..

Like whats been said before tho, it was our kicking into the fwd line and set shots that let us down.. game shouldve been over by half time!

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

The Boss wasn't singling Blake out, he was using him as a prop to explain how to contest. Lyon is a players' coach, he doesn't humiliate them.

Jason Blake is a Ross Lyon soldier. Simple.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Blake had a howler.

Can put it down to an off night though for Mr Reliable.

He does NOT get beaten like that.

Goes to prove the value that Dawson adds. Blake would have been the second man jumping into Riewoldt.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintnick12
Club Player

bigred wrote:Blake had a howler.

Can put it down to an off night though for Mr Reliable.

He does NOT get beaten like that.

Goes to prove the value that Dawson adds. Blake would have been the second man jumping into Riewoldt.
Agree. Blake does not usually play one out on the full forward and he was exposed a few times. Shows the importance of Zac to our stucture as I agree blake would more likely have been playing a role assisting ZAc, rather than being forced to be the main man one out. Hope Zac is back next week.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Blake is not a full back, he is the 3rd or 4th tall/medium in the structure.

He worked manfully against a struggling defence.

Zac dawson cops a lot of abuse recently, last week against adelaide his 40 minutes off the ground were when adelaide came back into the game.

Now I can't claim to understand RL, but it would seem to me, that structure is important to the saints, so even if the stats are not outstanding, when we have our Silvagni developed defensive structure (thats before we take fisher or goddard or whoever to play up the ground) we are far more solid.

blake was drilled yesterday, but jack will come close to winning a coleman on current form...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:Blake is not a full back, he is the 3rd or 4th tall/medium in the structure.

He worked manfully against a struggling defence.

Zac dawson cops a lot of abuse recently, last week against adelaide his 40 minutes off the ground were when adelaide came back into the game.

Now I can't claim to understand RL, but it would seem to me, that structure is important to the saints, so even if the stats are not outstanding, when we have our Silvagni developed defensive structure (thats before we take fisher or goddard or whoever to play up the ground) we are far more solid.

blake was drilled yesterday, but jack will come close to winning a coleman on current form...
agree dan

also when a key forward gets on top of the blake then we are forced to use chips on him and lose his run and disposal out of half back. Zac gives us more options and we need to him fit and in form. Would bring him back for the cats game IMO

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith