What Is Your Outcome???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

na exa
Club Player

tofu lemmingtons are healthy

refried are ok , but fresh lemmingtons are da bomb.

i cant believe i'm this fat swears by them.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

StSteven wrote:Don't fall for this simplistic crap. You DON'T get what you focus on when the outcome is outside your control. No matter what we say, do or think it has no influence on whether the team wins a premiership.

Let's just stop telling people what they SHOULD think.
This post is an excellent case in point.

We do have control to some degree. For example, if you go to the game tonight and boo your own team for the entire night, they will respond in like with their on field performance and it won't be pleasant. However, if you go to the game and cheer them on and get behind them, they have proven they can lift and numerous times last year and this year comments have been made by the players and coaching staff in reference to the crowd involvement. See, some things are fairly simple! :wink:
Last edited by saint75 on Fri 04 Jun 2010 2:13pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Beej wrote:We can focus and transfer positive energy towards something all we like, it won't happen until we go out and get it ourselves.

However, when it comes to supporting a footy club, we can't go out and get it ourselves.

Focus on the things you can control. Don't worry about the things you can't.
"Control" is an illusion. If you have any doubts, feel free to check out the movie Instinct, which shows why, very well. It's also a good movie, with Anthony Hopkins and Cuba Gooding Jnr. Well worth a look. Enlightening.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
Beej wrote:We can focus and transfer positive energy towards something all we like, it won't happen until we go out and get it ourselves.

However, when it comes to supporting a footy club, we can't go out and get it ourselves.

"Control" is an illusion. If you have any doubts, feel free to check out the movie Instinct, which shows why, very well. It's also a good movie, with Anthony Hopkins and Cuba Gooding Jnr. Well worth a look.
I can control what I type in this post.

I can't control what you think of it.

Or is it an illusion that I have control over what I'm typing?

Care to explain the control is an illusion thing? Cuba Gooding Jr went downhill after Jerry Maguire so I know I won't watch it.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Beej wrote:

"Control" is an illusion. If you have any doubts, feel free to check out the movie Instinct, which shows why, very well. It's also a good movie, with Anthony Hopkins and Cuba Gooding Jnr. Well worth a look.

Care to explain the control is an illusion thing? Cuba Gooding Jr went downhill after Jerry Maguire so I know I won't watch it.
It's regarded as his best work and it's a good movie, it shows it very well, better than I would probably explain it. If you still think it exists after watching it, please get back to me. If you learn this lesson from it it would make watching the movie very well worthwhile for that lesson alone. It can take a big load off.
And I imagine there would be medical conditions that could affect what you type. Just like how there are medical conditions that affect your ability to think, etc. Just think what affect a stroke can have, for instance.
Our guys regularly talk about "controlling what they can control", but one example would be that Roo probably expected that he was in "control" of how much training etc, he did this year, but then ping goes his hammy and he's no longer able to do all that. If he was "in control" of how much he did, he'd have been able to continue as per normal, wouldn't he?

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:

It's regarded as his best work and it's a good movie, it shows it very well, better than I would probably explain it. If you still think it exists after watching it, please get back to me. If you learn this lesson from it it would make watching the movie very well worthwhile for that lesson alone. It can take a big load off.
And I imagine there would be medical conditions that could affect what you type. Just like how there are medical conditions that affect your ability to think, etc. Just think what affect a stroke can have, for instance.
Our guys regularly talk about "controlling what they can control", but one example would be that Roo probably expected that he was in "control" of how much training etc, he did this year, but then ping goes his hammy and he's no longer able to do all that. If he was "in control" of how much he did, he'd have been able to continue as per normal, wouldn't he?
Well, I have to watch it now, don't I?!

I'll see if it's available at the local Blockbuster. *will download it as soon as he gets home*