Round 11 Team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:btw how the hell is pattison an emergency? He was TERRIBLE last week for sandy!
Yep Heyney must have done a bad job as the emergency who didnt play last week. Couldnt even make the 25 this week.
Well I would have had Heyne in this week, but no point having him emergency if he's no going to play, he needs a run this week.

Neither team will miss Pattison.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

wouldn't surprise if armo did a ball and left for more game time - maybe already has?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:btw how the hell is pattison an emergency? He was TERRIBLE last week for sandy!
Yep Heyney must have done a bad job as the emergency who didnt play last week. Couldnt even make the 25 this week.
Well I would have had Heyne in this week, but no point having him emergency if he's no going to play, he needs a run this week.

We play tomorrow night. Why would anyone miss on Saturday?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He'd be too tired.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
avid
Club Player

Almost no matter how bad he plays, I'm sure Armo would be more value than Eddy.

I started off an Eddy enthusiast, but his chronic inability to mark the ball, kick the ball, get near the ball has made me reassess.. To my mind he has to develop a whole new dimension to his game at Sandy before he displaces Armo or Stevo, who both will build their footy-smarts in the mix of senior footy.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Defending Robert Eddy!!!

Has anyone noticed that our zone has worked well the past two weeks and that the frontal pressure has started to return?

Why?

Robert Eddy (unlike Armo) is quick to get into the defensive zone using his pace and stamina to get into the holes in the structure making it harder to find space through our zone even on the quick break. In addition his frontal pressure is excellent chasing the ball holder and then continuing back into the zone in a flash.

His work when the opposition has the ball in our team defence is superb!

It is this work that creates turnovers and most games these days are won or lost based on scores from turnovers.

His value isnt what number of possessions he gets or how many clangers come from those possessions, rather his role in our team defence.

Any effective kicks or score assists are a bonus.

Armo's flaw is that he is slow to get into the zone and whilst he is a great tackler, he is pooor at positioning within the zone often arriving too late.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He'd be too tired.
Yes because it is not like all the other Sandy players will not be there. You and I know all emergencies will play on Saturday.

The Craw
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:Actually, losing Moore is bad for the Tigers.
Yes, you would think losing Less would be a better option.

Not Craw, CRAW!
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote:Defending Robert Eddy!!!

Has anyone noticed that our zone has worked well the past two weeks and that the frontal pressure has started to return?

Why?

Robert Eddy (unlike Armo) is quick to get into the defensive zone using his pace and stamina to get into the holes in the structure making it harder to find space through our zone even on the quick break. In addition his frontal pressure is excellent chasing the ball holder and then continuing back into the zone in a flash.

It is this work that creates turnovers and most games these days are won or lost based on scores from turnovers.

His value isnt what number of possessions he gets or how many clangers come from those possessions, rather his role in our team defence.

Armo's flaw is that he is slow to get into the zone and whilst he is a great tackler, he is pooor at positioning within the zone often arriving too late.
Well said. He hasn't had much of a crack this year. Played well toward end of last year.

Anyone know how much game time he got last week?

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

millarsaint wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:Defending Robert Eddy!!!

Why?

Well said. He hasn't had much of a crack this year. Played well toward end of last year.

Anyone know how much game time he got last week?

SSSHHHH Please keep sense out of this............WE HATE EDDY :roll: :roll:

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Kudos to those who defend Eddy & all our players who come under supporter scrutiny (to be polite). Personally, I have no malice towards any I've mentioned.

I'm looking more from a 'Where our side can improve on last years GF side' angle. No doubt Roo & Gram figure quite high in our best 22, Big Ben offers more now than King, especially if he can be instructed to stay in the centre square and is used by our players as well as drifting deep forward. I'm looking (& probably too impatiently) at adding improvement to our team.

I think, probably more hope, that Lynch, Smith, Armo & Steven probably offer that more than others. Nothing more sinister & as always any player that pulls on the Saints jumper gets my full support during the game so I hope Eddy, Geary & McQ all have blinders now they are playing.