robbo is a real slime

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

robbo is a real slime

anyone catch bj on the tellie this morning......got asked a range of questions which gave bj an opportunity to tell all what a fine all round sportsman he is......at the end that fat fart robbo asked bj if he ever wondered what life would have been like at carlton........bj slimply replied..."no".....geez you sux robbo....get over it...build a bridge ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Lately he has become a major dick. I thought he was ok but now I think is over-exposure (paper, radio, TV) has gone to his head.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

BJ should have replied that he would have played in a lot less finals if he had of gone to the Blues. And he does not miss the experience of playing in Wooden Spoon teams.

BelfastSaint
Club Player

Re: robbo is a real slime

stinger wrote:anyone catch bj on the tellie this morning......got asked a range of questions which gave bj an opportunity to tell all what a fine all round sportsman he is......at the end that fat fart robbo asked bj if he ever wondered what life would have been like at carlton........bj slimply replied..."no".....geez you sux robbo....get over it...build a bridge ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I think the question and response would irk Blues fans a bit more than Saints fans ....

Rastus

This moron's at it again...the moral conscience of the AFL! Ran away from HIS story once it came to light that it wasn't a story and still can't leave well enough alone and always looking for conspiracy theory's...if the AFL have done due dilligence and signed off it's still not good enough...check out what he's prattling on about this morning:

WHAT INVESTIGATION?

IN RECENT weeks I have read two interesting articles, one an opinion piece by Grant Thomas, the other a news report by Jon Ralph.

Both were about the St Kilda salary cap through 2002-04, when former Melbourne Storm chief executive Brian Waldron was chief executive of the Saints.

I quote Thomas from April 30 on Ninemsn: ''Don't expect the AFL to undertake an exhaustive and forensic investigation into St Kilda's player payments on the back of former Storm CEO Brian Waldron's recent exposure. In fact, expect a cursory glance at things and a media-announced ‘all-clear’ in about a week.''

He added: ''The last thing the AFL will want is to uncover a blatant rort of their salary cap system on the back of the NRL's findings. It will cast a dark cloud over the integrity of the very proud AFL system. It would be highly likely that there has been several cases of salary cap cheating over the last decade.''

Ralphy, in the Herald Sun on May 27 , reported: ''The Saints were happy to open their books for AFL salary cap investigator Ken Wood. Instead, Wood and St Kilda chief executive Michael Nettlefold had several conversations about the issue, and the AFL is confident the club's paperwork is in order

''Wood was on holidays when the Storm scandal broke last month, but, given he first ticked off the paperwork, he felt no reason to revisit it when he returned.''

Thomas said it would take a week, it took almost a month.

Given that Waldron was systematically cooking the books at the Storm for three years, you would think the AFL would take their task a little more seriously.

Questions:

* Was it a flash in the pan for Waldron, considering there was enormous speculation through the 2002-04 period about illegitimate player payments to St Kilda players?

* Did the AFL, in its recent quasi-investigation, request to speak to Waldron, to ask him about player payments? If no, they should have. If they did, and he denied all knowledge of, they should announce that.

* After Waldron, they should have next spoken to Thomas, who was then coach and doing contracts, and Rod Butterss who was president.

* We all know Thomas had the dual roles – coach and contract negotiator - but surely Butterss and the then board could be asked why they took contracts negotiations off Waldron and ask Thomas do them?

* Why speak to Nettlefold who was a small fish at the Saints back then?

This all happened a long time ago, but the ticking off last week of St Kilda's books through the Waldron period has seemingly left more questions than answers.

Maybe Thomas was right, maybe the AFL didn't want to dig too deep for fear of what they may find.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Nothing wrong with the question, a major football issue of the last decade, I'm sure plenty of Blues fans would have been interested in the answer.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Simple answer to this one: Don't read or listen to anything this hack has to say.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

On one hand, as with many of the newspaper guys, I'm finding it harder to like Robbo as he spends more time on TV. Willing to grant that's me not him though. He's no Damien Barrett, but he's pretty annoying :)

On the other, I think he has a point with the salary cap stuff though. I tend to find it difficult to believe we'd have been violating the cap back in the Waldron years - we were just to darned bad.

The caveat to this on the other hand is to this: Robbo, you're a journalist. Don't complain that nobody is looking into it, look into it yourself. If you think there may be something shady, don't complain that nobody wants to look - look.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Nothing wrong with the question, a major football issue of the last decade, I'm sure plenty of Blues fans would have been interested in the answer.
agree, legitimate questions.

the reason i've never worried about us being involved in salary cap rorting during waldron's time at the club is that waldron did not have control of the purse strings.

rod butterss did and he was as tight as.

he would have signed off on everything and during his time as president he put us on a sound financial footing.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I agree - legitimate questions as well.

When the Storm storm broke and we were implicated through Waldron, I posted that the AFL will sweep it under the carpet. The NRL had given them a massive free kick and they weren't going to scandalise the AFL with salary cap cheating.

The line by Anderson were wtte, "All of our investigations are confidential and not published" was surely an indication that the AFL would give the Saints the all clear. They would have contacted Nettlefold and instructed him to say "We will co-operate fully and open our books"

Co-incidently Wood was on leave :wink:. Amonth later, the all clear after a "chat" with Nettlefold :D

Look if it was Collingwood involved in this, we would want it looked into and wouldbe crying corruption and foul if Collingwood were treated like the Saints have been and there was no media about it.

Nothing more will come of it, but the questions are legit.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I reckon plugger66 would probably say something along the lines of "Yes, i'm disappointed that a hack journalist doesn't like our team" and I've got to say usually in this situation I would agree with him.

However, what he said on gameday was just ordinary.

Piss poor "journalism".

Burkey 1
Club Player

Give it up Robbo, we voluntarily told the AFL our books were open for investigation, besides even if by some remote chance we were guilty during the Waldron era what was the AFL going to do " strip us of our 1966 premiership" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The recent media events of trying to undermine St.kilda ( salary cap & sex scandal ) are a disgrace and we see still no media outlet coming out and apologising to the St.kilda Football Club for this gross misrepresentation of the facts.

I hope we go on to win the flag and have all these so called journo's choke on their "lack of professionalism"

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I just have to laugh at all of this.

As some have pointed out we weren't all that good during Waldron's time at the club and were paying less than 100% of our salary cap.

But regardless, why would it be automatically assumed that BW was doing the same rorting at the Saints? I mean you're talking about a different club, a different sport and a different set of circumstances.

From all reports BW got involved in this creative salary stuff due to the Storm assembling an amazing array of talent and the need to avoid these players being lured back to their own states of NSW & QLD.

Robbo needs to come up with something better than this. :evil:

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Apparently Robbo is starring in a Ch 7 series on crime and corruption in the AFL.

It's called "Big Belly, Small Brain - the Hun scandal"

Mike Sheahan is being played by Andrew Maher

Andrew Maher is being played by Gary Burghoff from MASH.

Caroline Wilson is being played by Magda Szubanski.

Hutchy is being played by Jason Alexander.

Sam Newman is being played by Ang Lee

Gary Lyon is being played by Mal Meninga

James Brayshaw is being played by Julian Clary

Robert Walls is being played by Michael Richards

Any other suggestions?