The tide turned when.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dsreg1
Club Player

Umpiring was terrible both ways. The AFL need to look objectively at the decisions being made and see if this is where they want the game to go.

Tackle = free kick all night.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Umps were fkn SHYTE.

That sums it up.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
maz1685
Club Player

Umpiring was inconsistent, but it definitely favoured us tonight. I cannot see how anyone would say we were playing a third team tonight. And I usually can't stand the umpires. But we got a good run tonight.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

maz1685 wrote:I cannot see how anyone would say we were playing a third team tonight.
I rarely complain about the umpiring...but tonights 2nd and 3rd quarter cakewalks had me fuming. How many Crows goals from free's in the F50 anyone? We were screwed. When it stopped, the Crows became 18 witches hats.

derby Street
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
Beej wrote:Not sure of the free kick count but I got the impression the umps were on our side tonight, no?
We were ahead of the overall count the last time I noticed, but I'd say we were spanked on inside 50 frees. Adelaide scored a lot of their goals through set shots from free kicks in the second and third quarters. Pretty poor standard of umpiring, inconsistent for both teams.

Or, I'm embarrassing myself and none of this actually happened. Whatever.
I think your second para has it summed up.
Take your previous forum enlightenment from another thread (since we're all so one-eyed and clueless) for example: 6 frees to Lenny, 3 against - the two frees against Lenny in the Crows F50 weren't even vaguely there, but it cost us 7 points.

Now you're going to tell me Stanley didn't kick a goal, Big Mac didn't deserve a 50 on the wing, the kick to Petrenko (goal to the Crows) travelled 15 meters, Douglas was man-handled by Gwilt mark anyway, but goal to Crows), Schnieder wasn't pushed in the back in front of goal, NDS threw the ball at the start of the third despite being meters in the clear and steaming towards goal, etc, etc, right?

Sure, decisions get missed, but the frees in the F50 to the Crows were poor and all came at the same time. They could have cost us the game. Perhaps the evener for 4-5 easy goals to the Crows was letting Raph get away with a push in the back in the third? How generous.

Did you see any of these, or were you only watching the game thread?
Funny how the umpires only missed our. How embarrassing. Or is it lack of knowledge. Stop it before they all laugh at you.
Oh contrare my miserable friend, I never implied that at all. But what I did say was we were murdered by the umpires at a crucial time of the game...we only got out of it by playing on and taking the umpire out of the game completely, thank Christ, otherwise we were screwed.
I get it, mserable because I havent whinged. People from Adelaide are so funny.
Settle down Plugger about the Adelaide people being funny - it is quite the opposite actually and I should know :D There are times when I read things that make me think Oakleigh is the Comedy capital of the world. :shock:

Sainterman
Club Player

It was, as it has been all year, another very poor performance. This has nothing to do with winning or losing...or the free kick counts, it is the poor decisions through the game. Said it before but makes the game hard to watch and follow at times.

Might have just been me tonight, but a lot of marks were paid pretty quickly tonight...some that looked like they had been spoiled. Was inconsistent. But maybe these days inconsistency is the one consistent we have!

Anyway, enjoyed the game in the last qtr when it opened up for us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
maz1685 wrote:I cannot see how anyone would say we were playing a third team tonight.
I rarely complain about the umpiring...but tonights 2nd and 3rd quarter cakewalks had me fuming. How many Crows goals from free's in the F50 anyone? We were screwed. When it stopped, the Crows became 18 witches hats.
Not many backing you and considering this is a saints site, it must be a bit embarressing.

Winmar
Club Player

Way too many free kicks overall for my liking. It's often that way these days.

Stop fighting, people! We're all Sainters.