Lets be serious about Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Kosi not that long ago was a star when it came to taking pack marks. It seems that he plays better with Riewoldt in the team (perhaps taking the second best defender, a psychological thing?)

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
I dont think you have to be a Kosi hater to say he is palying badly. Surely even you agree about that.
Doesnt sound like the players are too concerned so why should you be???

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
saintkid
Club Player

SaintTom wrote:Dropping him will only help his confidence if he monsters the VFL full backs, and then we're left with one tall forward in Stanley.
The way he gets so easily pushed off the ball, I seriously doubt he could even beat any of the VFL full backs. His performance tonight was nothing short of pathetic.

starsign
Club Player

yep agree with P66
no way will he be dropped ( though i recon he needs a rocket up his A)
believe it or not he's playing a role down there and contributing
Ok he's not taking the grabs and kicking goals, but providing a focal point, not really being beaten in the air and in packs either and with the ball coming to ground we are getting our fair share of goals
Not the greatest result at present , but minus No.12 we are getting by and who could replace him in the job he does presently?
The opp have to cover him well with their best big bloke , and they know perhaps more than us he's going come good overhead and be a match winner sooner or later and they can't afford to ignore him
It seems a dilemma but we have to stick to it while we are minus No12 I recon and work around him!
Last edited by starsign on Sat 29 May 2010 11:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saintsfan
Club Player

saintkid wrote:
SaintTom wrote:Dropping him will only help his confidence if he monsters the VFL full backs, and then we're left with one tall forward in Stanley.
The way he gets so easily pushed off the ball, I seriously doubt he could even beat any of the VFL full backs. His performance tonight was nothing short of pathetic.
It was not pathetic. He is struggling at the moment to get into games however he still is a target albeit not the best at the moment.

He will get better and he will kick goals.

The Saintsfan Cometh
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I dont think you have to be a Kosi hater to say he is palying badly. Surely even you agree about that.
Probably because I aint a player. Does that mean any time we comment from now on, including you, we need to consult the players. Maybe I will still be able to comment but not many others will. Pretty boring forum.

robbo_25
Club Player

looked pretty lost out there tonight, which probably shows a clear lack of confidence.
One big game whether its in the vfl or afl will do him the world of good.

robbo
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Probably because I aint a player. Does that mean any time we comment from now on, including you, we need to consult the players. Maybe I will still be able to comment but not many others will. Pretty boring forum.
Just pointing out that the players aren't concerned

You say "lets be serious about Kosi" but you are happy to not take into account what the actual players think - I brought up what Monty said and then you got all defensive

The fact that we just won the game by 8 goals and you start a thread bagging out a player is flat out depressing

Find it quite funny that you frequented the match day thread right up until 3 quarter time and then when we started winning you had nothing positive to say

The players can find something positive about Kosi's contributions but you would never dare to go there - again just flat out depressing
Last edited by Devilhead on Sat 29 May 2010 11:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:Kosi not that long ago was a star when it came to taking pack marks. It seems that he plays better with Riewoldt in the team (perhaps taking the second best defender, a psychological thing?)
This could be very well the case - Kosi just has to keep working hard and hopefully he can turn it around

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The fact that we just won the game by 8 goals and you start a thread bagging out a player is flat out depressing

Find it quite funny that you frequented the match day thread right up until 3 quarter time and then when we started winning you had nothing positive to say

The players can find something positive about Kosi's contributions but you would never dare to go there - again just flat out depressing
That is just a flat out lie. I hardly ever individualise on a player and am hardly ever negative to one player. That doesnt mean i jump over backwards to say how good players are if I dont think they have been. Dont take the fact that I dont whinge about the umpires, AFL, commentators and mother Teresa actually makes me a whinger.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

That is just a flat out lie. I hardly ever individualise on a player and am hardly ever negative to one player. That doesnt mean i jump over backwards to say how good players are if I dont think they have been. Dont take the fact that I dont whinge about the umpires, AFL, commentators and mother Teresa actually makes me a whinger.
Yeah, but you are depressing...and you do back out of the match thread when we start winning...every week. Sprung.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yeah, but you are depressing...and you do back out of the match thread when we start winning...every week. Sprung.
Every week. Funny I have only missed the last 2 games. Sprung . But what can you expect. Adelaide is funny place for very funny people andthat is being kind.

Sorry I should be positive and complain about the umpires, the bounce of the ball, people from Adelaide with no idea and the one eyed midget from Adelaide and then I would be positive.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Every week. Funny I have only missed the last 2 games. Sprung . But what can you expect. Adelaide is funny place for very funny people andthat is being kind.

Sorry I should be positive and complain about the umpires, the bounce of the ball, people from Adelaide with no idea and the one eyed midget from Adelaide and then I would be positive.
Oh now who's being embarrassing...is that the best you have left in the tank? People from Adelaide? What about your buddy S.A. Saint, he was probably even born here (unlike myself)...you've probably hurt his feeling with this stinging critisism of the great Southern capital. :cry:

Please, pot away. Don't forget to mention how you know everyone at the club too. :wink:

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But hold on just before you defended your right to comment but when someone mentions anything about umpiring you get all sarcy on them - ridiculing them

If you want to get serious about Kosi then i would suggest speaking to the players and the coach would be your first port of call

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Oh now who's being embarrassing...is that the best you have left in the tank? People from Adelaide? What about your buddy S.A. Saint, he was probably even born here (unlike myself)...you've probably hurt his feeling with this stinging critisism of the great Southern capital. :cry:

Please, pot away. Don't forget to mention how you know everyone at the club too. :wink:
Dont know anyone at the club and yes I apologise to SA saint, he seems to know his footy unlike some who want to blame everyone including Bill Clintons grandmother.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I'd be absolutely loathe to drop him back to play forward @ Sandringham..

After watching them butcher the ball going inside 50 today it would spell the end of Koschitski's career.

They wont drop him.

Not yet.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Dont know anyone at the club and yes I apologise to SA saint, he seems to know his footy unlike some who want to blame everyone including Bill Clintons grandmother.
Cutting.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:I'd be absolutely loathe to drop him back to play forward @ Sandringham..

After watching them butcher the ball going inside 50 today it would spell the end of Koschitski's career.

They wont drop him.

Not yet.
if they drop him it ought to be to ruck.

One Eyed Saint
Club Player

Playing him in the ruck must be the next option.

He was competitive tonight but never looked like taking a mark, contested or un-contested.

What Stanley showed tonight were 2nd efforts at ground level. He might not be super strong but had a couple of goal assists

If Kosi cant find form next week then a forward line with Stanley and Rotating Kosi / Gardi / Macca is a better proposition that Kosi as a permanent forward.

if Kosi cant find form he is becoming strikingly similar to Corey McKernan in the latter stage of his career when he lost confidence big time.

Let's hope next week Kosi can find some form...

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Tonight was his worst game this year, he barely moved....
He actually looked sick to me, but maybe I am looking for excuses.

If we had another tall option in the ressies he would be dropped, while there isn't he stays.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Definitely frustrating to watch. Let's be honest, he's been playing like this from the very first NAB cup game this year. I was perplexed that game with him, and have been ever since. IMO has nothing to do with Rooey not playing, as Kos has shown the same form line right throughout the NAB cup when Roo was playing.

He seems to have lost mobility, and look half a second slower. Due to the fact that the game appears to be moving faster for him, when he does get his chances he looks like a startled rabbit and often fluffs it.

Having said all this, I find ppl who cry out, 'drop him' as frustrating as ppl who say 'kick it long.' If he is to be dropped a viable option needs to be able to come in. Playing Goddard down there is fine, but he's extremely valuable in the midfield, and I like him floating fwd rather than a permanent fixture in the fwd line. I don't mind Kos in the ruck on occasion. I disagree with P66 on this point. I reckon he needs to get out of the square and run around without an opponent on his arse all game. He just needs a break out game where they start to stick. I am very concerned about the way he moves though. I thought some of his second efforts tonight were questionable, and were the actions of a man sadly down in confidence.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:IMO has nothing to do with Rooey not playing
i dunno. usually roo would get the best two defenders and kosi would get the dregs.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

AlpineStars wrote:Keep him in for the Richmond game he needs to find form maybe he can do it next week.
Not to mention it wouldn't do him much good to drop him on 149 games.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
One Eyed Saint
Club Player

Looking forwards to finals we need Kosi to be our 2nd key forward, Rooey cant do it by himself.

If we play him rotating ruck / forward then when he finds a bit of form we can swing him forward.

We have to keep persisting hoping he will find form. It might frustrate a lot of our supporters but how well Kosi performs could make or break or season this year....

Leo.J
SS Life Member

While we are winning by 47 points I don't see the need for change...especially with Richmond next week.

We cannot win a flag unless Kosi is up and about, he needs and we need him to play himself into form imo.