Why you shouldn't mess with the footy gods...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:Hi there. Below is a selection of what has been said about me. So that I didn't embarrass anyone, I havent included your names. p.s. some of these are quite humorous I must say!

Grow some balls you pathetic squib.
You look like a complete tool
You sir, are an oxygen thief of the highest order, and the sort of spineless jellyfish that is normally indicative of a filth supporter.
My, you're quite a loser, aren't you
Depends - is the odour something like rancid pig s*** ??? If that's the smell, then yep, I reckon it's a feral supporter.
I'm not on any team that involves this clown
As for 'keyboard heros', how long do you think Twirly would last talking like this to your face? (could be considered a threat?)
Twirlybrain more likely (one of my favourites)

After reading these as they appeared, I reacted and responded. I am so sorry for saying this and hurting your feelings.

Little man
I have put more money into the club than you will ever see.

p.s. if i have missed any, Im sure you will let me know!

Shall we call the headmaster in to help us??
Tissue princess?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote:Hi there. Below is a selection of what has been said about me. So that I didn't embarrass anyone, I havent included your names. p.s. some of these are quite humorous I must say!

You sir, are an oxygen thief of the highest order, and the sort of spineless jellyfish that is normally indicative of a filth supporter.
Depends - is the odour something like rancid pig s*** ??? If that's the smell, then yep, I reckon it's a feral supporter.
As for 'keyboard heros', how long do you think Twirly would last talking like this to your face? (could be considered a threat?)

After reading these as they appeared, I reacted and responded. I am so sorry for saying this and hurting your feelings.

Little man

Yep, welcome to Saintsational.

I reckon I have a rough idea who the posters are who are responsible too.

And, I bet it was done in a 'group' too. Once the cowards smell blood and get a posse together, the usual suspects will be out in force!

Nothing like a mob lynching to pass the time.

Saintsfan
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:I apologize in advance for the filth I am about to type. After many years of blindly loving the Saints, I'm about to transform into a troll or worse, a low grade supporter who should go support Richmond!

How do I find myself in this predicament? Simple. My brain created a thought, I had no control over it, it just appeared and now I can't make it disappear. In light of the treatment twirly has received you'd think it wise to stfu, but I aint scared, so I'll continue.

This idea that dropping Max, Ball and imho Maguire had possibly lowered morale had crossed my mind a few weeks ago. I mentioned it to a few Saints fans, most felt there could be some weight to it. So it was with interest I read the op and the replies. As I read the thread, I felt the replies might as well have been aimed directly at me. After all, I also had the evil thought.

There were some good replies and reasons why not to worry about the fabric, I took them on board.

On the other side of the coin...

Whether or not dumping those players (especially Max) has, did or will have any bad effect on team morale is something neither I or anyone else here knows for certain. We can come to a conclusion if we like, or as in my case, keep our mind open. Maybe a couple of players were affected and the majority not. Who the f really knows?

Twirly has been shot down for merely throwing up a concept, an idea, a thought. Of course he may be a troll but if so, some one prove it first, then fire away with the "you aint a saints fan" garbage. Until proof is shown twirly is a troll, I will happily believe he's another long time Saints fan who bleeds for the club. Some of the responses he's received are a sad indictment on this forum. Turns me right off the joint.

The civil reply to twirly for those that didn't like his op was simply...
"I don't agree."
I don't agree
Whoa!!! Thanks for that! Yeah I have been amazed at the abuse coming my way, and then amazed even further when accused of being abusive myself. I mean what are you meant to do when you are accused of all sorts of things. To be told that you are a troll, when you are offering up an idea about what is most important about our club has dumbfounded me. yes your right, I am a long long long suffering Saints fan, and firmly believe in good club culture equals success. To blindly accept all that those in charge do at the club is right, then we will be dammed. Like I said earlier, the thought police on here dont often like thoughts that challenge their blind loyalty. I guess there is not alot of democracy on saintsational.....now just wait for the next response...here it comes!!
Are you Reincarnated?

The Saintsfan Cometh
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Please feel free to identify me with my quotes ya sook, I was factual and accurate and stand by them.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Shaggy
Club Player

True Believer wrote:Please feel free to identify me with my quotes ya sook, I was factual and accurate and stand by them.
In hindsight I would have thought most would agree Max is better than Zac, Ball is better than Armo, Cousins was worth at least one goal in the 2009 GF and Lovett was a disaster as a first rounder just when we appear primed for a premiership.

Twirly has been treated like s*** for stating the obvious lol.

Its not Twirly who is precious.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Come on here and abuse posters, you will get it back. Anyone else care to sook about poor treatment after leading with their chin?

Shaggy
Club Player

degruch wrote:Come on here and abuse posters, you will get it back. Anyone else care to sook about poor treatment after leading with their chin?
I just re-read the first page and it was gang abuse. Twirly didn't post lol.

People did not want to read what Twirly wrote in OP although most agree (in hindsight).

God forbid Twirly responded to the abuse 2nd or 3rd page lol.

Precious.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
degruch wrote:Come on here and abuse posters, you will get it back. Anyone else care to sook about poor treatment after leading with their chin?

People did not want to read what Twirly wrote in OP although most agree (in hindsight).

Precious.
Shaggy, go back and have a look at the condescending responses from Twirly to posters initial comments, it is pure troll behaviour...it's called baiting.

As for RF's comments about gang behaviour against posters...pffft. Someone has to throw out the bait before there's a response, and you of all people have normally got a bucket of worms for any such occasion.

Simply, if you can't tolerate an opposing view without getting tetchy and defensive, don't post. I had this conversation on the forum only two weeks ago, with a poster who thought labeling everyone tossers who dare to disagree with his/her point of view was appropriate.

It isn't.

Got any other poor behaviour you'd like to defend?

Shaggy
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

Precious.
Shaggy, go back and have a look at the condescending responses from Twirly to posters initial comments, it is pure troll behaviour...it's called baiting.

As for RF's comments about gang behaviour against posters...pffft. Someone has to throw out the bait before there's a response, and you of all people have normally got a bucket of worms for any such occasion.

Simply, if you can't tolerate an opposing view without getting tetchy and defensive, don't post. I had this conversation on the forum only two weeks ago, with a poster who thought labeling everyone tossers who dare to disagree with his/her point of view was appropriate.

It isn't.

I only read the first page and it was a one sided gang up.

I love an opposite view.

I hate gang ups.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Simply, if you can't tolerate an opposing view without getting tetchy and defensive, don't post.
Opposing views aren't the issue here.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Shaggy wrote:
degruch wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

Precious.

It isn't.

I love an opposite view.

I hate gang ups.
Have you stopped to consider that twirly may represent the minority point of view? Also that his behaviour has pissed off more than one person? Leading with the chin can do that.

You, Rodge and twirly...ganging up I see? :lol:

Shaggy
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Shaggy wrote:
degruch wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

Precious.

It isn't.

I love an opposite view.

I hate gang ups.
Have you stopped to consider that twirly may represent the minority point of view? Also that his behaviour has pissed off more than one person? Leading with the chin can do that.

Max is better than Zac, Ball is better than Armo, Cousins was worth at least one goal in the 2009 GF and Lovett was a disaster as a first rounder just when we appear primed for a premiership.

Its hardly a minority view.

I have not been posting so dont put me in a gang up lol.

twirlyhair
Club Player

Shaggy wrote:
degruch wrote:
Shaggy wrote:
degruch wrote:
Shaggy wrote:

Precious.

It isn't.

I love an opposite view.

I hate gang ups.

Max is better than Zac, Ball is better than Armo, Cousins was worth at least one goal in the 2009 GF and Lovett was a disaster as a first rounder just when we appear primed for a premiership.

Its hardly a minority view.

I have not been posting so dont put me in a gang up lol.
Thanks for your support and I really hope we are not considered to be a gang! Classic isnt it? Seems to me that I have hit a bit of a sore point here with some of the posters...otherwise why would they bother?? Keep fighting the good fight. Even though my thoughts may be of a minority (and Im not sure they are), it doesnt mean they are wrong. i have to admit that I also find it amusing that one of the main objections that posters have here is that I was belittling of others...as one poster said....pot kettle black?? Its keeping me entertained however.... :D

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to clear up that I never abused Twirly Hair, I just found the post quite negative and said so, Twirly eventually responded I don't believe has taken offence at any of my comments.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

HA HA HA. I love getting on this website a couple of times a week and reading posts like this, fair shake of the sauce bottle comrades, Us supporters have got to get all this hate out of systems. Lets all join the players on the love train. Its obvious when there not playing , their P L A Y I N G !!!!!!! So lets jump on board people and remember to check your pants / skirts at the station. toot toot !!!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Why is it assumed that we would have won the Premiership if Maxy played and if Ball played a full game??

TH I respect your opinion but you are really grasping at thin air .... Footy Gods?? .... Karma?? .... the idea of this is not anchored in reality - our drop in form has nothing to do with Maxy or Ball

Each to their own I guess

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Very true devilhead, they didn't look very unhappy when they belted North by 104 points.
Didn't look unhappy beating Collingwood or Fremantle.
Yes we looked crap for the last few weeks, hopefully it is a form slump and last week is the beginning of a reversal.
Simple fact is we lost the Grand Final too a very good team, Ball get's a lot of the footy but effeciency rate is low, and he wasn't prepared to do what the coach asked of him so he took his footy and went to the filth where he is getting about the same amount of game time.
Max was unlucky, but there are countless hard luck stories when it comes to Grand Finals and neither Ball or Max would have changed the result of the game.
The only player they are really missing is the captain because he's injured, they are adjusting to his long term absence and that is what has been wrong over the last few weeks.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

First of all, let me say that I can't see much point in crying about us not taking Cousins (who wouldn't have made a huge impact anyway) or not selecting Max in the GF (I reckon he should have played, but he certainly wouldn't have kicked all the gettable shots on goal we missed, which is why we lost the game).

However, I reckon it's perfectly reasonable for posters to continue to comment about Ball and Lovett (and Maguire and X too if they want). Those list management decisions continue to impact us on field every week. The club is clearly embarassed about them because we continue to hear barely a peep out of the formerly self-promoting Mr Drain, and the club gets quite defensive when the topic of Ball comes up.

When the likes of BigMart or this Twirly character brings these topics up, they invariably get howled down by a pack of the same posters who banged on for years about "wasted draft picks" on Barry Brooks, Fergus Watts, Raph, McGough, McQualter, etc. FFS!

At least none of those draft picks brought our club into disrepute: a situation that has now been worsened by the two dunderheads who hit on the 16 year old.
Last edited by meher baba on Fri 28 May 2010 7:03pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Deleted.
Last edited by Mr Magic on Fri 28 May 2010 5:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Why is it assumed that we would have won the Premiership if Maxy played and if Ball played a full game??

TH I respect your opinion but you are really grasping at thin air .... Footy Gods?? .... Karma?? .... the idea of this is not anchored in reality - our drop in form has nothing to do with Maxy or Ball
It's 'the vibe'.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:When the likes of BigMart or this Twirly character brings these topics up, they invariably get howled down by a pack of the same posters who banged on for years about "wasted draft picks" on Barry Brooks, Fergus Watts, Raph, McGough, McQualter, etc. FFS!
Really? :lol: I don't remember mentioning wasted draft picks. In fact, I've been waiting for some of these weepy clowns to bring up Chris Judd missing from our GF team, since we chose Luke Ball ahead of him in the 1938 draft! We can go on and on and on with these quality opinions (and associated abuse of posters who dare to disagree), but most Collingwood supporters' knowledge of our club probably doesn't extend back that far.

Oh, and we lost the GF because we couldn't kick straight...Max would have been at the other end. No conspiracy theories (I'm looking at you AOK).

How's that majority support looking? :roll:

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

For the record, and for the final time in this now tedious thread, I am one of the main offenders in abuse of the OP.

I levelled the abuse as a response to the OP being an abusive and condescending flog. Read the thread, it's on the record.

As for the actual debate - karma, footy gods........... :roll: :roll:

Was anyone talking about Max's raw deal throughout last year when clubs struggled to kick 6 goals a game on us most of the year - did Max complain! How exactly would a full back have improved our GF kicking for goal?
Did we screw Ball over - we offered him a very reasonable contract and he walked for an offer from the Filth reported as 43% higher than our offer (us $350k, them $500k) - still believe he went cos he felt unloved!!!
They were crap arguments posted by some sook throwing a hissy fit when we were 17 points down early in the third quarter against the WeeGirls. and now a bunch of do-gooders are coming in to play superhero and stand beside the poor downtrodden "victim". Man up!!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
meher baba wrote: At least none of those draft picks brought our club into disrepute: a situation that has now been worsened by the two dunderheads who hit on the 16 year old (not illegal, but the footbal group sex culture cannot be tolerated by our club given our past troubles with it).

You've managed to link your disapproval of Drain with this sad and sordid tale?

In case the news hasn't yet arrived in Tasmania, there is absolutely no credible allegation of what you have just suggested occured.
There was no group sex alleged. Nobody has even raised the possibility of 'group sex'. Even those involved in publicizing this admit that there were separate liaisons, weeks apart.

Unbelievable! :roll:
OK, well I didn't realise that the allegation was that the liaisons between the girl and each of our players were weeks apart. So fair cop, I was wrong.

However, I definitely draw a connection between this recent incident and the decision to recruit Lovett (which I continue to blame on Drain, although I really don't know who made the final decision and I might be being a bit unfair towards him).

For a long time, and certainly since the events of 2004 (not to mention Gehrig's subsequent indiscretion), our club has been walking on shaky ground in terms of the public perception of the respect for women demonstrated by our playing group. Lovett was a proven disrespecter of women, and we all know what is alleged to have happened when he got to our club. The incident on Xmas Eve not only threw into serious question our decision to recruit him, but also possibly how we managed him at the club. One also wonders about the broader context in which the alleged incident took place.

Now we have a case in which two of our players have allegedly had unprotected sex with a barely legal and psychologically vulnerable girl (and they are damn lucky that she was over 16, because they clearly didn't have a clue how old she actually was).

Put it all together, it presents a really unattractive picture of our club in 2010.

If I were in Westaway's or Nettlefold's position right now, I'd be looking at reading the riot act to the playing group. They need to work on a culture of supporting each other to relate in an adult way to members of the opposite sex. Yes, there are presumably girls throwing themselves at them left, right and centre. I think, as the current controversy indicates, what one might be best able to say about those girls is not so much that "you don't know where they've been" as "you know only too well where they have been". You might be tempted to go there, but the risks (including the health risks) certainly aren't worth the momentary pleasure.

These blokes are (or aspire to be) successful as professional footballers over the long term. So they need to adopt a professional attitude. Go and get themselves steady girlfriends who are approximately the same age as they are.

Call me old fashioned..............

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
bob__71
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:

Little man

Yep, welcome to Saintsational.

I reckon I have a rough idea who the posters are who are responsible too.

And, I bet it was done in a 'group' too. Once the cowards smell blood and get a posse together, the usual suspects will be out in force!

Nothing like a mob lynching to pass the time.
Hey Rodge have you found another little sook to join your little sook club.....how sweet :)