Faaaarrkkk...... (Sex media beat-up thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Tim Watson on SEN said the girl is 17 & had sex with 2 different players at 2 different times at 2 different locations. She told the players she was 18 and worked at the AIS in Canberra (so that doesn't add up with the clinic story). She also says on her facebook page that she's 19.....

Messy, with lots of porky pies

As far as I can recall;

It is an offence to have consentual sex with a girl under the age of 16; and

It is an offence to have consentual sex with a virgin under the age of 18 if the male is over 21

It appears highly unlikely that any offence has been committed it this case

It appears highly likely that a couple of players are guilty of gross stipidity (dingers can be bought from any 7Eleven) !!

Surely that is correct.... Never heard that before - and proving it would be a whole different story.

That could get anyone into trouble - becasue Ive never heard anything remotely related to that in my entire life.

And when they details 'met' at a school clinic - They said she was one of 30 students who greeted the players as they arrived.

Numbers apparently were exchanged in Sydney.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

goods wrote:
bigcarl wrote:i'm a lot older now, but if i was the same age as the players concerned and an attractive girl told me she was 18 and wanted sex, i would have hesitated ... for about two seconds.

the club ought to back the players on this. if they believed she was 18 there is no problem.

she sounds like an immature, attention-seeking groupie.
the age of consent in australia is 16 not 18
yes, i realise this. the players claim she said she was 18.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Tim Watson on SEN said the girl is 17 & had sex with 2 different players at 2 different times at 2 different locations. She told the players she was 18 and worked at the AIS in Canberra (so that doesn't add up with the clinic story). She also says on her facebook page that she's 19.....

Messy, with lots of porky pies

As far as I can recall;

It is an offence to have consentual sex with a girl under the age of 16; and

It is an offence to have consentual sex with a virgin under the age of 18 if the male is over 21

It appears highly unlikely that any offence has been committed it this case

It appears highly likely that a couple of players are guilty of gross stipidity (dingers can be bought from any 7Eleven) !!
Where are ppl getting this from? Since when has being a virgin come into play? I would be certain that this law has been repealed and no longer exists.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Boy there are some wild accusations going on here!

Channel 7 and channel 9 are both saying that she was 16 at the time of the incident. She is 17 now.

Based on the news reports, she states that she met the players at a school clinic but the players have no recollection of that. Given how many kids turn up to these and how many fan interactions the players must have, that doesn't surprise me.

Then she met them again after the Sydney match. It doesn't say where. The players claimed she told them she was 18 and worked in Canberra at the AIS. This is totally plausible if they met at a bar or if she was drinking alcohol. This is where phone numbers were exchanged.

Odds on the they became facebook friends after this. Her age on that probably had her at 18 then and 19 now to fall in line with the 16/17 reality.

The girl and players then caught up in Melbourne.

So if a girl meets you in Sydney, says she's 18 and works in the AIS in Canberra and then meets you again in Melbourne, would you even think that she goes to high school? Or would you take her at her word that she is telling the truth? She seems to be able to get around the country pretty easily which means that either she has access to money to fly to these places or she drives to them. Either way it doesn't seem like typical school girl behaviour!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

This will become a non-event, if he marries her!

But a correction to some above, illegal if female 16 and under 18 if male is over 21. To my knowledge we did not have many players in Sydney under 21. 16 17, same thing.
Last edited by borderbarry on Wed 26 May 2010 10:17am, edited 1 time in total.

older saint
SS Life Member

Take a deep breath and see what comes out. Jumping to conclussions does no one any good.

Couple interesting points/questions though:
1. It only made page 10 of the Herald Sun?
2. Where did they hook up, if it at a club/bar etc then it is reasonable to assume she is 18+ as she should not be in there otherwise?
3. The age of the players concerned - if they are 18 and she is 16 not stat. rape.
4. Were the players on "free time" hence IF they believed her to be over 18 have they done anything wrong?
5. What was Tim Watson talking about on SEN regarding a "political " side to it?
6. The papers reports after the Sydney game - was it in Melbourne or Sydney they hooked up?
7. Obviously no DNA yet to be done to confirm identity of the father.

TOO many unanswered questions here for this to be black and white case- ala Lovett. Lets take a breath and wait and see what comes out. If they knew she was 16 throw the book at them!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Sorry the ol, hot blooded male doesn't cut it for me. Especially when these guys are in the public eye. They should know especially better, especially with the Lovett incident that more caution needs to be taken than the average male on the prowl.
That's fair enough.
Damn straight. They are educated about this stuff.

Footballers are basically STUPID.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Rastus

AAP reporting this morning as follows:

"Vic Dep't of Education confirmed on Wednesday that the student has sought support for the pegnancy from her high school. The school has responded with offers of counselling and study help".

A Vic Police spokeswoman said police knew about the matter but no official complaint had ben made".

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Sorry the ol, hot blooded male doesn't cut it for me. Especially when these guys are in the public eye. They should know especially better, especially with the Lovett incident that more caution needs to be taken than the average male on the prowl.
That's fair enough.
Damn straight. They are educated about this stuff.

Footballers are basically STUPID.
Yep, if it does turn out to be true, the guilty party/ies have noone to blame but themselves.

All it takes is a simple NO.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:This will become a non-event, if he marries her!

But a correction to some above, illegal if female 16 and under 18 if male is over 21. To my knowledge we did not have many players in Sydney under 21. 16 17, same thing.
That doesnt even make sense on paper let alone in law.

Mind clarifying that?

Im pretty sure 16 is ok, and anything under is required to be a age difference of 2 years or less.

And this is Victoria. Not certain about Australia.

goods
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
goods wrote:
bigcarl wrote:i'm a lot older now, but if i was the same age as the players concerned and an attractive girl told me she was 18 and wanted sex, i would have hesitated ... for about two seconds.

the club ought to back the players on this. if they believed she was 18 there is no problem.

she sounds like an immature, attention-seeking groupie.
the age of consent in australia is 16 not 18
yes, i realise this. the players claim she said she was 18.
so how old are the players?

goods
Club Player

Spinner wrote:

That doesnt even make sense on paper let alone in law.

Mind clarifying that?

Im pretty sure 16 is ok, and anything under is required to be a age difference of 2 years or less.

And this is Victoria. Not certain about Australia.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... onsent.png

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Why is it serious?

If she is over 16 there is no problem.

There is no accusation of rape.

So she is up the duff. DNA tests will prove who the father is and he can pay for the kid.

Should have used a franger.
Reports are she was over 16 and supposedly with consent everything is above board. Sounds like a media beat-up. IMHO the Saints have nothing to worry about.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hold the press

NEW FLASH!

Young people have SEX!!!!!!!

OMG the sky is falling. :roll:

Fkn hell, why are kids so stoopid. Why not us a franga? Are these players fkn 12 or something.

Not just to ward off an unwanted pregnancy, but to mittigate the chances of getting an STD.

ABC radio reports that the police are NOT investigating. This would lead me to believe that she is over 16, it was consentual, and that one Saints player is a daddy and will have bills to pay for quite some time. Oh and the silly girl has a belly full of arms and legs and will now have a very very hard life.

the hysteria on this thread has been hilarious.

And all the tut tutting is so sanctimonious. Teenagers are sexually active at 16. I have two teenage daughters whom I tell to not sell themselves short (which they tell me they haven't - good on them), but if they do become sexually active to take precautions.

Mainly selfish, I am too young (so i reckon) to be a granddaddy :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
chook23
Saintsational Legend

wrong.............outdated law.

saint4life
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Sorry Borderbarry I know you used to be a detective but that is wrong. In Victoria, the age of consent is 16. It's only illegal if the person who had sex with her was in a position of authority or was in charge of her, ie school teacher, scout leader, etc. In which case the consenting age is 18. The age of 21 is irrelevent in ALL circumstances for both parties.

It appears that all this occurred in Melbourne, but the contact was made in Sydney at a school clinic

Saintsfan
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Hold the press

NEW FLASH!

Fkn hell, why are kids so stoopid. Why not us a franga? Are these players fkn 12 or something.

Not just to ward off an unwanted pregnancy, but to mittigate the chances of getting an STD.

ABC radio reports that the police are NOT investigating. This would lead me to believe that she is over 16, it was consentual, and that one Saints player is a daddy and will have bills to pay for quite some time. Oh and the silly girl has a belly full of arms and legs and will now have a very very hard life.

And all the tut tutting is so sanctimonious. Teenagers are sexually active at 16. I have two teenage daughters whom I tell to not sell themselves short (which they tell me they haven't - good on them), but if they do become sexually active to take precautions.

Pretty much. The only issue is that the players 'met' the woman/girl/whore inside school grounds, during school hours at the schools expense.

That is not a good look regardless.

The Saintsfan Cometh
markp
Saintsational Legend

I thought the legal age is only 16 if the other party is less than 5 years older... otherwise it's 18.... and being a guardian, teacher, etc, and you are in deeper poo... which technically they may have been.

If that is right, and she is/was 16 and he/they (yikes :roll: ) is over 21 it may be a problem... and surely ignorance is not much of a defence, unless she really went out of her way to convincingly deceive.

Either way, legal or not, it's an ugly and sordid sideshow we dont need.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Saintsfan
The only issue is that the players 'met' the woman/girl/whore inside school grounds, during school hours at the schools expense.

That is not a good look regardless.[/quote]

Feel free to paint the saints players as the victims in all this though

Richter
SS Life Member

Saintsfan wrote:In the end. The girl is a whore. I have never met her however this part is true. Abortion is a wonderful thing you pathetic little sl*t so do the right thing.
Do we really have to have this warped individual posting on this site?

Time to pull the plug mods..... :roll:

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Hold the press

NEW FLASH!

Pretty much. The only issue is that the players 'met' the woman/girl/whore inside school grounds, during school hours at the schools expense.

That is not a good look regardless.
Saintsfan, please dont call the woman a whore, it takes two to tango.

A bit unfair to demonise her.

Silly girl is going to have enough trouble having a kid at 17. But she is not the first to make a mistake and wont be the last.

However the point is that AFL footballers are targetted by young starstruck women and they should take precautions and use condoms.

FGS, we aren't going to stop young men having sex with young women, they just need to be more careful when having sex.

One may well pay a very big price financially.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Moods
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I thought the legal age is only 16 if the other party is less than 5 years older... otherwise it's 18.... and being a guardian, teacher, etc, and you are in deeper poo... which technically they may have been.

If that is right, and she is/was 16 and he/they (yikes :roll: ) is over 21 it may be a problem... and surely ignorance is not much of a defence, unless she really went out of her way to convincingly deceive.

NOT TRUE. I am a 40 year old man. If I have sex with a 16 yr old child (b/c that's what she is) then it's still legal as long as I'm not her teacher/in charge of her.

Saintsfan
Club Player

Richter wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:In the end. The girl is a whore. I have never met her however this part is true. Abortion is a wonderful thing you pathetic little sl*t so do the right thing.
Do we really have to have this warped individual posting on this site?

Time to pull the plug mods..... :roll:
How is it warped?

Young unplanned pregnancy benefits nobody. Generally the child grows up without the usual benefits/lifestyle that it would have had with fully mature parents.

The players are complete toss-bags for not using better judgement and figuring out she was of the easy-female variety. So be it.

The parents of the girl should be ashamed of themselves however the behaviour of the young girl ha to be learnt from somewhere.

The Saintsfan Cometh
markp
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
markp wrote:I thought the legal age is only 16 if the other party is less than 5 years older... otherwise it's 18.... and being a guardian, teacher, etc, and you are in deeper poo... which technically they may have been.

NOT TRUE. I am a 40 year old man. If I have sex with a 16 yr old child (b/c that's what she is) then it's still legal as long as I'm not her teacher/in charge of her.
Ah cool... but could they be deemed to have been a teacher/in charge of her if they met her at a school footy clinic?

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

So why has she named 2 players?? Doesn't she know which one it was? Obviously she's into steady relationships.
markp wrote:I thought the legal age is only 16 if the other party is less than 5 years older... otherwise it's 18....
That sounds about right also. But I'm not 100%
Last edited by St. Luke on Wed 26 May 2010 10:42am, edited 1 time in total.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!