Faaaarrkkk...... (Sex media beat-up thread)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Yes it is offensive. Let's not get carried away.

SEN just said AFL not going to speak to the two Saints players. Ross Lyon to speak to media soon.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
bigred
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Moods wrote:I can't believe that EVERYONE seems to have missed the part in the article that says

THE POLICE HAVE BEEN BEEN NOTIFIED AND ARE INVESTIGATING :shock:

The police do not get notified just because a girl falls pregnant. They don't investigate unless they have been notified of a crime. They THEN investigate to see if a crime has in fact been committed. DHS do not get notified just because a teenager over 16 falls pregnant.
She's under age.

The investigation, and this whole 'issue' appears to be whether it was Statutory Rape or not.

Hence it being an issue. And hence the police being involved.

ie. if they knew she was under-age then they're rooted (pardon the pun).
She "might" be under age.

If this is the case and she has lied about her age to the guys involved, could that be considered a form of entrapment?

This stinks like a groupie to me.

Nothing we can do about it.

Loving the father/son.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Saints43
Club Player

I think an important factor will be if the players spent any time with her individually while they were at her school. Going to be pretty difficult to say they didn't know that she was schoolgirl if they did. And men grooming schoolgirls for sex is fairly dodgy.

And does someone actually know the laws regarding age of consent. I thought it was sixteen but the other party could only be a certain number of years older? ie. A 28 yo cannot have sex with a 16 yo.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Moods wrote:I can't believe that EVERYONE seems to have missed the part in the article that says

The police do not get notified just because a girl falls pregnant. They don't investigate unless they have been notified of a crime. They THEN investigate to see if a crime has in fact been committed. DHS do not get notified just because a teenager over 16 falls pregnant.
She's under age.

The investigation, and this whole 'issue' appears to be whether it was Statutory Rape or not.

Exactly - ppl need to get their heads out of their arses and face the reality of the situation. Even if the players manage to beat the allegeations, a pregnant 16 year old (who sounds like she was 15 at the time of sex) is a great look for our club on the back of the Andrew Lovett case. Sponsors will be crawling out of the woodwork to be associated with our club.. :roll:
I actually feel more for the girl and the player (whether it's a Saints player or the 'other player from another club').

One act of stupidity and you're a parent at a young age.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

She's under age.

If this is the case and she has lied about her age to the guys involved, could that be considered a form of entrapment?

Loving the father/son.

Yeah, it's pretty clear cut really....

a) she's under age and they knew it therefore are gone and rightly so.
b) she's under age and the players didn't know it, therefore (apart from one of them being a daddy) there is no issue.

If it's a) then the club has no choice but to play the Lovett card based on precedence.

If it's b) then it just means the player won't be able to get piissed after we win the flag cause he'll have a screaming baby up at 6am the next morning.
Baby's don't understand hangovers.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Laughable to see the posts from bitter Collingwood supporters on Bigfooty in regards to this, most of them are just saying "Typical St Kilda scum"

All I can say to that is Typical Collingwood supporters.

I would have expected them to embellish on it but I suppose they only get five minutes on the internet a day and it would have taken them almost that entire time to work out how to spell that!

older saint
SS Life Member

millarsaint wrote:Yes it is offensive. Let's not get carried away.

SEN just said AFL not going to speak to the two Saints players. Ross Lyon to speak to media soon.
SEN said they weren't going to speak to them at AFL house today, not wouldn't speak to them.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Just a little side thing....

Anyone notice how the article uses the words 'St Kilda' and 'sex' and 'teenage pregnancy' throughout the article.

But then when referring to the other player softens it down to 'The player from a rival club is believed to have befriended the girl'.

I thought it was funny. Would have been nicer if they swapped it around.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Our boys should know better, silly, silly, silly. We do not need this. Our only saving grace is she consented. Lets home she is 16+.

On a side note, seems unfair the other team has not been named.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
St Michele
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
bigred wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

She's under age.

Loving the father/son.

Yeah, it's pretty clear cut really....

a) she's under age and they knew it therefore are gone and rightly so.

b) she's under age and the players didn't know it, therefore (apart from one of them being a daddy) there is no issue.

If it's a) then the club has no choice but to play the Lovett card based on precedence.

If it's b) then it just means the player won't be able to get piissed after we win the flag cause he'll have a screaming baby up at 6am the next morning.
Baby's don't understand hangovers.

I don't think you will find this is an ongoing type relation ship but a sad situation for all concerned.

A young women who played at being a grown up and got caught and now has to live with the consequences.

One/ two/or three young men who thoguht they were going to have a consesual good time only to discover they might have a life changing reminder. ( I can't beleive they are silly enough not to use protection not only for their health but this as well)

And now our club being dragged in to what should be a private matter, thisa is between the men and woman inolved not the media, not the club not us.

If it lead sot criminal charges then things may be different but that we will have to wait and see.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i'm a lot older now, but if i was the same age as the players concerned and an attractive girl told me she was 18 and wanted sex, i would have hesitated ... for about two seconds.

the club ought to back the players on this. if they believed she was 18 there is no problem.

she sounds like an immature, attention-seeking groupie.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:i'm a lot older now, but if i was the same age as the players concerned and an attractive girl told me she was 18 and wanted sex, i would have hesitated ... for about two seconds.

the club ought to back the players on this. if they believed she was 18 there is no problem.

she sounds like an immature, attention-seeking groupie
Of course she does/is - if she was 15 at the time as it appears, attention seeking, and immature, are hardly surprising qualities really? That's why there are laws in place to stop blokes taking advantage of them. She's a child.....

THese kids can be incredibly manipulative. That's why AFL players have to be smarter.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Interesting how most are reaching various scenarios about this one before the facts are known.

Another opportunity awaits!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:I think an important factor will be if the players spent any time with her individually while they were at her school. Going to be pretty difficult to say they didn't know that she was schoolgirl if they did. And men grooming schoolgirls for sex is fairly dodgy.

And does someone actually know the laws regarding age of consent. I thought it was sixteen but the other party could only be a certain number of years older? ie. A 28 yo cannot have sex with a 16 yo.
I'm not sure if it's changed recently, but I recall that Melbourne High, where the clinic took place is an all-male school and therefore there are no schoolgirls attending there?
Therefore any girl there would not be from Melbourne High.

So far I haven't seen any reports/allegations that the players 'hooked up' with her in any way at that clinic?
It seems that the first real meeting took place in Sydney where telephone numbers were given and that the real assignation(s) took place later on back in Melbourne.

From what I've seen/read so far it would seem that the 'clinic story' is merely being used to inflame/spice up the story.

Quite frankly I could ask for an autograph from a player at a 'clinic' and afterwards claim that I met him at that 'clinic'. It doesn't actually mean anything in the context of this story unless it is alleged that the girl and players exchanged information at that clinic.

The only real issues to me are:-
1)DId the players knowing ly have sex witha girl under age (if she is in fact under age)?
Are eiother of them the Father of her unborn child?

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Now you know why they call it The Herald Scum.

Another opportunity awaits!
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Outer Melbourne High School it said MM. Where did you get Melbourne High from?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Watson on SEN spoke to a source during coverage at about 8am.

Said that the issue arose to the public because the principle claimed the saints players exchanged detail/made individual contact with the girl at a school clinic.

Said the girl was 17.

Victorian age minimum is 16.

Didnt anyone else hear this?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
bigcarl wrote:i'm a lot older now, but if i was the same age as the players concerned and an attractive girl told me she was 18 and wanted sex, i would have hesitated ... for about two seconds.

Of course she does/is - if she was 15 at the time as it appears, attention seeking, and immature, are hardly surprising qualities really? That's why there are laws in place to stop blokes taking advantage of them. She's a child.....

THese kids can be incredibly manipulative. That's why AFL players have to be smarter.
like most young guys the second brain kicks in. if they genuinely believed she was of legal age there is no problem. the club ought to back them on this.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Watson on SEN spoke to a source during coverage at about 8am.

Said that the issue arose to the public because the principle claimed the saints players exchanged detail/made individual contact with the girl at a school clinic.

Said the girl was 17.

Victorian age minimum is 16.

Didnt anyone else hear this?
Well if that's the case, then the players should be fine. No issue in 'meeting' her at a school clinic.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Tim Watson on SEN said the girl is 17 & had sex with 2 different players at 2 different times at 2 different locations. She told the players she was 18 and worked at the AIS in Canberra (so that doesn't add up with the clinic story). She also says on her facebook page that she's 19.....

Messy, with lots of porky pies

As far as I can recall;

It is an offence to have consentual sex with a girl under the age of 16; and

It is an offence to have consentual sex with a virgin under the age of 18 if the male is over 21

It appears highly unlikely that any offence has been committed it this case

It appears highly likely that a couple of players are guilty of gross stipidity (dingers can be bought from any 7Eleven) !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Sorry the ol, hot blooded male doesn't cut it for me. Especially when these guys are in the public eye. They should know especially better, especially with the Lovett incident that more caution needs to be taken than the average male on the prowl.
Last edited by Saint Bev on Wed 26 May 2010 10:09am, edited 1 time in total.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

if she's 17 she's of legal age. a consenting adult. where is the story in this?

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:

Where are you getting this information from? I am yet to get any genuine info on the age involved here.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
goods
Club Player

she sounds like an immature, attention-seeking groupie.
the age of consent in australia is 16 not 18

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Saint Bev wrote:Sorry the ol, hot blooded male doesn't cut it for me. Especially when these guys are in the public eye. They should know especially better, especially with the Lovett incident that more caution needs to be taken than the average male on the prowl.
That's fair enough.