Andrew Embley

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Andrew Embley

Thankyou!

busso mick
Club Player

I think we would have won anyway but it was at a crucial time in the game. I reckon if you ranked Norm Smith Medallists against each other surely he would be stone motherless last.

quidnunc
Club Player

And a mile ahead of us!

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I thought this would be a thread about how we should have taken Embley instead of Schwarze.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Certain goal F***ed Up

23 points down in the wet halfway through the third with WC coming home with the wind....hmmm...with zero confidence

instead....we scored, 11 points down kicking with the wind, confidence up and they were deflated....

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Certain goal F***ed Up

23 points down in the wet halfway through the third with WC coming home with the wind....hmmm...with zero confidence

instead....we scored, 11 points down kicking with the wind, confidence up and they were deflated....
Nice thought but we were only five points down and had kicked the last two goals so I think we had the run on. Great double effort by Dawson to turn the ball over in the middle to set up the Goddard goal.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
yipper
SS Life Member

What a silly post. Who knows how that play would have ended up.

For me - thankyou Lenny Hayes, Raph Clarke for putting his body on the line at a crucial stage, Milne for kicking big goals, Dal Santo for winning hard ball and using it superbly. And Goddard for taking control. We ran over the top of them, we were to good.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

honestly embly has gone two seasons too many ... too slow and not skillful enough now days .. that blunder was just one in many many times he was shown lacking

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

kosifantutti23 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Certain goal F***ed Up

Nice thought but we were only five points down
yes this!
even people at work told me today we would have been 23 points down, not true

Before Im 85
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He was running into open goal....I reckon if he hadn't F'd up the bounce he could have dribbled it from 20m

Blake was 10m behind him, and Blake aint Alwyn Davey

Beekay
SS Life Member

Think it is quite a good comparison. Have a look at how bad some of those Eagles got once Judd left.

Riewoldt the same. Some of our footballers look like they have gone down a class this year.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He was running into open goal....I reckon if he hadn't F'd up the bounce he could have dribbled it from 20m

i was right infront of the play Blake was about 20 m away from him and gaining fast had embly not fumbled the blake would of got to him befor he got 20m out from goal

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

yipper
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
BigMart wrote:He was running into open goal....I reckon if he hadn't F'd up the bounce he could have dribbled it from 20m

i was right infront of the play Blake was about 20 m away from him and gaining fast had embly not fumbled the blake would of got to him befor he got 20m out from goal
Spot on. Embley of 2010 is not quick. Not at all. Blake would have got to him. Embley would have had to hurry a shot at goal from a long way out.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:

Spot on. Embley of 2010 is not quick. Not at all. Blake would have got to him. Embley would have had to hurry a shot at goal from a long way out.
thats the reason he fumbled he was trying to gain distance on blake and it wasnt working and he knew he couldnt kick it from 50 and there were no eagle anywhere infront of him .... simply put he shat himself :) gotta love the pressure

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He just stuffed up the bounce...BTW he was tackled on the 50 arc....if Blake was 20M behind him, would he have made up 20M in 30M....at worse, he wuld have kicked from 30m.

either way.....it helped...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He just stuffed up the bounce...BTW he was tackled on the 50 arc....if Blake was 20M behind him, would he have made up 20M in 30M....at worse, he wuld have kicked from 30m.

either way.....it helped...
no when embly got the ball blake was 20m away by the time embly got to the 50 and fumbled blake was more like 5 metre away

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Luke Ball would've been able to run him down...

BallBanger
Club Player

If embley had kicked a goal with that play our likely senario was a loss

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Andrew Embley

BigMart wrote:Thankyou!
Why start a new thread when there already was one started a day prior?

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=61800

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Did not see it...isn't that obvious....

first time on since Sunday....forgive me SR...please