Stanley blances out our side but still worried for the Kid

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

Stanley blances out our side but still worried for the Kid

Great to see stanley in the side he really balances our side out with fisher,goddard back in there normal positions down back.

I was one who called for his enclusion but iam now worried there might be to much pressure on him to preform.

If he fails people will say I told you he was not up to it.With mc in that will mean stanley will not ruck.Lets all just wish him well and hope he doesnt get knocked around to much and does well.[/quote]

stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

Ihope that ross the boss will give this kid a few games so he can get some cofidence and get use to the pressure of AFL Footy. He played really well in the nab cup and i believe his inclusion in our side will help our structure for back line and forward line. Good luck Rhys wear ya heart on ya sleeve .

saint58
Club Player

stairwaytoheaven wrote:Ihope that ross the boss will give this kid a few games so he can get some cofidence and get use to the pressure of AFL Footy. He played really well in the nab cup and i believe his inclusion in our side will help our structure for back line and forward line. Good luck Rhys wear ya heart on ya sleeve .

Very well said maybe you should have done the Post.Exactly what i wonted to say but a bit less longwinded ha!!!!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully gets a couple in a row!

A few weeks ago both Stanley and McEvoy were in the reserves.... Now both in the seniors! Great stuff.

Really confident that in 5 years time we will have the best rucks in the league....pity we didnt while we were/are dominating over all the other positions on the ground.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

How many games will Heyne get before being dropped?

I think RL gives the newbies 2, sometimes 3 games before dumping them.

PLEASE can we get a rising star nomination from one of them this year?!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

[quote="saintspremiers"]How many games will Heyne get before being dropped?

PLEASE can we get a rising star nomination from one of them this year?![/quote

Would they be dumped if they deserved their spot?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:How many games will Heyne get before being dropped?

PLEASE can we get a rising star nomination from one of them this year?!
didn't geary get one last year?

money's on rhys lightning to get one sooner or later, anyway.

Griggsy
SS Life Member

As yoda would say, ' 1 game a career, does not make'

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:As yoda would say, ' 1 game a career, does not make'
Indeed.

Nonetheless, GO RHYS LIGHTNING

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Statsman
Club Player

Re: Stanley blances out our side but still worried for the K

saint58 wrote:I was one who called for his enclusion but iam now worried there might be to much pressure on him to preform.
Every debutant faces pressure to perform, that's inescapable and will be no different for Stanley. There's the perception of additional pressure with the expectation that he has to step into Riewoldt's shoes. However I'm sure the club is being realistic with what they are expecting from him. They certainly won't be expecting him to be the instant panacea for our forward line woes in his debut. Hopefully the Saints fans are similarly measured in their expectations.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

whats the weather prediction for Subiaco today....

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I think if you show nothing at all in your first game you should be dropped. If you did what Heyne did and go OK you certainly should get another chance. No guaranteed games please.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I think if you show nothing at all in your first game you should be dropped. If you did what Heyne did and go OK you certainly should get another chance. No guaranteed games please.
agree

saintnick12
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I think if you show nothing at all in your first game you should be dropped. If you did what Heyne did and go OK you certainly should get another chance. No guaranteed games please.
agree
Agree too. As long as the expectations are reasonable. As you said, Heyne did ok. He didn't dominate but showed a bit. We should expect the same from Stanley. I think some are expecting him to dominate but this is unfair. But if he goes ok and meets the expectations the coaching staff's expectations, he should keep his spot, if not he will be dropped.
I thought Steven was great against the Bulldogs, especially when the game up for grabs. When I watched the replay again especially. I thought he was unlucky to be dropped after the Carlton game, but then again I didn't watch the replay of that one again, funnily enough.

Anyway, Go Rhys today - take your chance son.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.