Anyone sick of...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

bobmurray wrote:Wellingham was definitely mentioned as a trade for Ball....

who would want the sack...
Wellingham was offered to North Melbourne so they could get pick 25 to trade to us.

He was never offered to St Kilda.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anyone sick of...

Teflon wrote:
Beej wrote:
Teflon wrote:While I appreciate your caught up in the Hun hype for all things Collingwood just remember that WITH this jet midfield clearance player Ball we comfortably dropped Collingwood minus the best CHF getting round.
??

So under your rationale, Swan, Pendlebury, Didak, Beams wouldn't make us a better team because they also played for Collingwood that night we beat them.

Is that what you're saying?
I think the post topic is about Luke Ball and the impact his departure has on our team. I dont think the night we playes Collingwood that impact was greatly felt - you obviously feel it was ??...Id be interested to know in that game.....supposedly one of BALLS best ever...what it was we missed?
In fact I thougth Armitage played very well that night and while he is young his upside for mine is greater than Balls.

I think you need to think about supporting the Pies - go with your heart and follow Luke. :wink:
Haha now, now. We're discussing football, no need to get childish.

You suggested that because we beat a side with Luke Ball in it, therefore we didn't need him in our side.

We also beat a Fremantle side with Matthew Pavlich in it, does that mean he wouldn't improve us either?

Answer the question. Is that what you're saying, yes or no?

It's incredibly odd logic and I'm just wondering if you actually believe it.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:

Wellingham was offered to North Melbourne so they could get pick 25 to trade to us.

part of the Ball trade though however it would have worked...

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

9 Clangers

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:9 Clangers
More than Armo will get this week.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Beej wrote:
Teflon wrote:While I appreciate your caught up in the Hun hype for all things Collingwood just remember that WITH this jet midfield clearance player Ball we comfortably dropped Collingwood minus the best CHF getting round.
??

So under your rationale, Swan, Pendlebury, Didak, Beams wouldn't make us a better team because they also played for Collingwood that night we beat them.

I think the post topic is about Luke Ball and the impact his departure has on our team. I dont think the night we playes Collingwood that impact was greatly felt - you obviously feel it was ??...Id be interested to know in that game.....supposedly one of BALLS best ever...what it was we missed?
In fact I thougth Armitage played very well that night and while he is young his upside for mine is greater than Balls.

I think you need to think about supporting the Pies - go with your heart and follow Luke. :wink:

You suggested that because we beat a side with Luke Ball in it, therefore we didn't need him in our side.

We also beat a Fremantle side with Matthew Pavlich in it, does that mean he wouldn't improve us either?

The odd logic is comparing Matthew Pavlich with Luke Ball. Absurd... :shock:

Childish is holding on to a ridiculous point when you know it is.... and I believe I asked you some questions on what exactly we missed from Ball the night we played Collingwood?????

Again the thread OP is about Luke Balls loss to St Kilda - do try and stay on topic. :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:

part of the Ball trade though however it would have worked...
I'm not sure anyone outside of the Saints & Pies officials know exactly what was offered.

Lots of names were bandied about but I don't think either club confirmed any actual offers. I recall on the last morning, just before the deadline, it was being strongly reported that a deal had been done and that we were getting Nathan Brown AND a draft pick. This, of course, didn't eventuate.

So I wouldn't be getting too worked up about what we gave up because I'm not really sure what we did give up.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
meh....we'll see what clangers he throws up in VFL.....

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yeah OLB, stay on topic :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:ball has faded out of the game way too early for mine....

No loss for us and not much gain for the filth
yep.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

yep.
Do we rate people performance on one week. I reckon most people hope Ball does badly but so far over 9 games he has been good.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

yep.
Do we rate people performance on one week. I reckon most people hope Ball does badly but so far over 9 games he has been good.
Average for mine, but hey one persons trash is another's treasure

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Beej wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Beej wrote:
??

The odd logic is comparing Matthew Pavlich with Luke Ball. Absurd... :shock:

Childish is holding on to a ridiculous point when you know it is.... and I believe I asked you some questions on what exactly we missed from Ball the night we played Collingwood?????

Again the thread OP is about Luke Balls loss to St Kilda - do try and stay on topic. :roll:
By that response I gather that you realise your initial post was way off the mark.
Ball, if I remember correctly had a very good game against us, did he not? He was one of their best mids, if not their best, that night.

Obviously seeing as we won the game, no, we didn't miss his influence at all.

However, there are sixteen sides in this competition and to judge whether we're better off with or without Luke Ball on that one performance against Collingwood is nonsensical.

Unless you believe Collingwood is the real litmus test of this competition which they clearly are not.
Last edited by Beej on Fri 21 May 2010 11:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
BigMart wrote:watching Luke Ball dominate for a winning team...whilst our midfield is losing tackle counts and contested ball....

be nice for lenny to have some support.....

wonder if we can trade him back like Trent Croad....

This trading period could not be any worse....well unless the extremely talented Clarke gets fit...then we will really look stupid...

We have Zac, Lovett though.....good decisions all round...

if only someone had the foresight to see this happening in November :wink:
Luke Ball dominate???? WTF? :shock:

I'm sick of your tireless whingeing that anything St Kilda does is a mistake, wrong or the end of the world.

While I appreciate your caught up in the Hun hype for all things Collingwood just remember that WITH this jet midfield clearance player Ball we comfortably dropped Collingwood minus the best CHF getting round.

So nah, Ive seen the same old Ball - gets it in the bottom of a pack and handballs to team mates.....whilst by foot turning it over, not able to kick 40 and running/spreading like treacle. Infact I was sick of that last year to to be honest.
This post makes the thread worthwhile!

Trade him back??

Hilarious (it was a joke, right?).

If only we could trade some 'supporters'.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
meh....we'll see what clangers he throws up in VFL.....
No we won't, no VFL this week.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Bail has played one or two good games this year but I wouldn't call his overall performance good. I guess it comes down to your expectations.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

yep.
2 games in the top 3 on the ground. Does the Saints have anyone who has done that this year apart from Rooy? If we have one other that would be it.
Last edited by plugger66 on Fri 21 May 2010 11:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

.... of these threads?

Yep.

Every week...

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Has his performance so far this year (9 rounds) been any better than his first 9 rounds last season?
I seemt o recall that his problems seemed to come later in the year when his inability to quickly recover from games seriously affected his ability to retain fitness (according to the Saints).

I think he had a reasonably good first half of the season after his 'best pre-season' ever?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Has his performance so far this year (9 rounds) been any better than his first 9 rounds last season?
I seemt o recall that his problems seemed to come later in the year when his inability to quickly recover from games seriously affected his ability to retain fitness (according to the Saints).

I think he had a reasonably good first half of the season after his 'best pre-season' ever?
Dont understand your point.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
well...seeing sandy has a bye, you could just be right albert..... :wink: :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Has his performance so far this year (9 rounds) been any better than his first 9 rounds last season?

Oh, so that's how it's done....

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Maybe my memory is failing me but I seem to recall taht Ball;s first 10 or so games last season were quite good?
It was only later that he seemed to have trouble?

If so then we may have to wait to see how he goes over the whole season for a true comparison?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
well...seeing sandy has a bye, you could just be right albert..... :wink: :wink: :lol:
Who is Albert?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
maverick wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

yep.
2 games in the top 3 on the ground. Does the Saints have anyone who has done that this year apart from Rooy? If we have one other that would be it.
Hayes has, but Ball hasn't, unless of course you are Dennis Commetti or Bruce Macavaney and think every touch Luke has is tinged with gold.