MX article re Roo assisting Fisher @ training re playing FWD

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

MX article re Roo assisting Fisher @ training re playing FWD

Teacher Nick's tricks
Eiiza Sewell

Sorely missed St Kilda captain Nick Riewoldt has be coaching stand-in forward Same Fisher as the Saints try to rectify their gaol-scoring issues.

The All-Australian defender, who has played down back since joining the Saints in 2004, has been thrust forward in the absence of Riewoldt, who injured his hamstring in Round 3.

Fisher said he was working hard in an attempt to understand his new role.

"I train there during the week so I'm trying to learn the structures as best as possible."

"I work pretty hard with Leigh Tudor the forwards coach and I'm learning the role on the training track and trying to see as much vision as I can throughout the week. That's how you learn it.

"I've spoken to Nick (Riewoldt) a few times about it. He's such a great forward himself and you try to feed off those guys and learn different points."

Despite his admission he's been training as a key forward, Fisher said he was unsure if coach Ross Lyon would persist with him in attack.

"We're not kicking enough goals so we'll keep mixing and matching down there as best we can and trying to get something that works," he said.

"Whether I'm forward or back, who knows? We'll work at that during the week."

Meanwhile, the Saints midfield will be without Jason Gram for at least a month after undergoing groin surgery today.

Lyon said Gram, who was set to miss three weeks because of a hamstring strain, had been dealing with a groin issue all season and the timing seemed right for surgery.

"He has probably been carrying a groin problem since round one, so hopefully the surgeon can fix it and he'll be fully fit when he returns." Lyon said.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

No wonder MX is free, there is obviously no editing involved, the spelling is atrocious.

No surprise Chips has been talking to Roo and no surprise Gram has had surgery on his groin, he's been carrying a groin injury for over a year.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:No wonder MX is free, there is obviously no editing involved, the spelling is atrocious.

No surprise Chips has been talking to Roo and no surprise Gram has had surgery on his groin, he's been carrying a groin injury for over a year.
To be honest, I did touch type the article and checked for spelling errors and found nothing...

So I really have no idea what you mean?

In any case I will not bother letting others know in future, if that's the best you can come up with.

Apologises to the members from interstate and those those from the Vic country region or those that don't pick up the MX.

And thanks BS....

I will not be bothered letting those people that don't have access to that paper know in future :roll:

FAIR DINKUM...

Some of your posts leave me wondering :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:No wonder MX is free, there is obviously no editing involved, the spelling is atrocious.

To be honest, I did touch type the article and checked for spelling errors and found nothing...

In any case I will not bother letting others know in future, if that's the best you can come up with.

Apologises to the members from interstate and those those from the Vic country region or those that don't pick up the MX.

And thanks BS....

I will not be bothered letting those people that don't have access to that paper know in future :roll:

FAIR DINKUM...

St Fid, since moving to G'Town I no longer have access to MX.

While it may not be the New York Times I would like to say that I appreciate your efforts in posting said article.

Thanks. :D

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Sorry St Fid I thought you'd cut and pasted it. I wasn't having a go at you.
The first sentence has a couple of errors.

Thanks for posting it.

I would find it strange if Sam was not talking to Roo and Gram's groin is finally being fixed, thank goodness.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

And thanks BS....

FAIR DINKUM...

St Fid, since moving to G'Town I no longer have access to MX.

While it may not be the New York Times I would like to say that I appreciate your efforts in posting said article.

Thanks. :D
Likewise

Another opportunity awaits!
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

So they are going to persist with tampering with the best statistical defence in the history of the game. Since Roo was out they haven't played the old '09,early 10' defence for an entire game,and as a result we are now barely a side. The defence is what made us a great side last year...don't F*** with it!

Lyon signalled his panic week one after the Roo injury,against Freo. Started Fisher forward,we haven't been the same since

Fix the defence first,then worry about the attack.

Bring back the Lockett era
goods
Club Player

jonesy wrote:So they are going to persist with tampering with the best statistical defence in the history of the game. Since Roo was out they haven't played the old '09,early 10' defence for an entire game,and as a result we are now barely a side. The defence is what made us a great side last year...don't F*** with it!

Lyon signalled his panic week one after the Roo injury,against Freo. Started Fisher forward,we haven't been the same since

Fix the defence first,then worry about the attack.
I agree.

goods
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:

And thanks BS....

FAIR DINKUM...

They are more typo's than spelling errors. Not an issue! Thanks for sharing it!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chips down back
back i say

DOWN THE BLOODY BACK!!!

unless of course he kicks four or five in a winning score this week then ill gladly stfu

spert
Saintsational Legend

Unless we settle the backline, with Fisher back there, we are going to lose more games.

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Thanks for the post, we don't get the MX down this way

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chips down back
back i say

DOWN THE BLOODY BACK!!!

unless of course he kicks four or five in a winning score this week then ill gladly stfu
I agree. Why mess with the backline and isolate Zac. I still say replace Roo with BJ at CHF. He can move up the ground as the link man out of defence. He can run in off the square at the centre bounce. He can float forward and mark in the forward line. He can lead and is quick off the mark and he can kick. It's a no brainer in my opinion. Our defence is our strength and it is being pulled apart. Zac needs Blake, Gilbo and Fisher to go 3rd man up to help him. Of course as matrix said, if it works, I'll be the first to acknowledge RL.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Thanks for posting. We get nothing like this in Zwanzig Minuten.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
mordi
Club Player

MX is always my preferred source of news, breaks the stories even the Hun wont touch. However sometimes it can be embarassing when erupting in laughter on the sandy line home. Take this gem from a few weeks ago, (note - not verbatim as you can't copy it from on-line, except the word "bottom" was used);

The story involved a Hong Kong man, taken to hospital to have a cucumber removed from his bottom, told doctors he inserted it in a suicide attempt. It was reported Chin Wei, 62, said the method was a variation of the Japanese ritual suicide hara-kiri - usually carried out with a sword plunged into one's own stomach.

Now that's news............

What's the Point of it All?
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

jenifer kyte once tried to commit hari-kiri :shock:
the things you do when your drunk.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
mordi
Club Player

hellava way to go..........

What's the Point of it All?
fingers
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:jenifer kyte once tried to commit hari-kiri :shock:
8-) 8-)

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

fisher has to stay back. our backline is looking shaky as. leave him there PLEASE

#1 Ryder fan
matrix
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
8-) 8-)
blimey
i remember her

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Was that back in the days when you could still get a refund on your empty soft drink bottles???

matrix
Saintsational Legend

worth ten cent over here now........

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Milan Faletic wrote:
matrix wrote:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chips down back
back i say

DOWN THE BLOODY BACK!!!

I agree. Why mess with the backline and isolate Zac. I still say replace Roo with BJ at CHF. He can move up the ground as the link man out of defence. He can run in off the square at the centre bounce. He can float forward and mark in the forward line. He can lead and is quick off the mark and he can kick. It's a no brainer in my opinion. Our defence is our strength and it is being pulled apart. Zac needs Blake, Gilbo and Fisher to go 3rd man up to help him. Of course as matrix said, if it works, I'll be the first to acknowledge RL.
+1

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.