You're Ross Lyon - What do you do?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

matrix wrote:now we're getting somewhere

clickty pen to make new decisions.

crickey we should be on the coaching panel... :D
Best laugh I've had since our last win......... thanks popcorn dude

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
3:16
Club Player

Out: Gram, Mini and Dawson

In: Stanley, Raph and Steven

Play more attacking brand, put the follow on notice: Dal, Milne and Kosi, tell them if they don't provide what thier pay packets demand, their fronting up for Sandy next week!!!!!

PS. Buy a new suppy of pens!!!!! :wink:

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote: clickty pen to make new decisions.
Problem is that in Ross's playbook, defence strategies are written in blue, midfield in black, forwards are green. And as always, blue and black are running out and green still has heaps or writing left in it.

Use the green pen Ross, use the green.

3:16
Club Player

cowboy18 wrote:
matrix wrote: clickty pen to make new decisions.
Problem is that in Ross's playbook, defence strategies are written in blue, midfield in black, forwards are green. And as always, blue and black are running out and green still has heaps or writing left in it.

Use the green pen Ross, use the green.

Would be extremely funny, if it were'nt so true!!!!!

Should use the Green pen at the selection table and in bold write the word: STANLEY!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
matrix
Saintsational Legend

this is a good call
the green side gets used FA and its quite unfair imo

the old classic...
but i see, we have a new contender amongst the ranks

and only dr seuss could come up with the goods...SIX colours
o.m.g

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

i think raph's got to come in to offset the loss of gram. i think he might surprise some if used in the midfield.

no time to second guess yourself there. it's either back your first instinct or "B-A-L-L". i also reckon he wouldn't shirk a little in and under work.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Would a highlighter come in handy?

I lol at the serious posts in between the humor on this thread...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

2 things come to mind as the problem. Sides are working out how to combat our style of play which in turn has caused our second problem. We are lacking confidence which is effecting our skills and also our quick movement of the ball. Not sure how you get the players confidence back but I am pretty sure thats what the coaching staff are working on first.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:Would a highlighter come in handy?

I lol at your avatar! So bloody funny!!!

In all seriosness, that pen idea is brilliant.

Matrix is a genius!!!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:2 things come to mind as the problem. Sides are working out how to combat our style of play which in turn has caused our second problem. We are lacking confidence which is effecting our skills and also our quick movement of the ball. Not sure how you get the players confidence back but I am pretty sure thats what the coaching staff are working on first.
i think our style of play (the one that worked so well for most of last season) is fine.

it is lacking just one crucial element ... a potent key forward. this would encourage quicker ball movement and much more confidence going forward.

but we have already had this out in various other threads. :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:2 things come to mind as the problem. Sides are working out how to combat our style of play which in turn has caused our second problem. We are lacking confidence which is effecting our skills and also our quick movement of the ball. Not sure how you get the players confidence back but I am pretty sure thats what the coaching staff are working on first.
i think our style of play (the one that worked so well for most of last season) is fine.

it is lacking just one crucial element ... a potent key forward. this would encourage quicker ball movement.

As I said the players dont move it slower because Kosi is down there and they will not move it faster because BJ is there. Blake takes a mark in the back pocket. Do you think his first reaction is Kosi is at FF, I will take my time or if BJ is there is going to say to himself get rid of it quickly BJ is at FF. I dont think so. Confidence is down and so are the skills.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:As I said the players dont move it slower because Kosi is down there and they will not move it faster because BJ is there. Blake takes a mark in the back pocket. Do you think his first reaction is Kosi is at FF, I will take my time or if BJ is there is going to say to himself get rid of it quickly BJ is at FF. I dont think so. Confidence is down and so are the skills.
well this is where you and i differ. we would have won on sunday with just one potent key forward.

you've got to give them a dangerous target to kick to. kosi and fisher do not provide that.

riewoldt did, but he will not be back for a couple of months. i'm wracking my brain to think of someone who might :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

it is lacking just one crucial element ... a potent key forward. this would encourage quicker ball movement.

As I said the players dont move it slower because Kosi is down there and they will not move it faster because BJ is there. Blake takes a mark in the back pocket. Do you think his first reaction is Kosi is at FF, I will take my time or if BJ is there is going to say to himself get rid of it quickly BJ is at FF. I dont think so. Confidence is down and so are the skills.
I think if you look up and you are presented with a high % option you kick to it, but if you identify it as a lower % option you may hesitate.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

I think if you look up and you are presented with a high % option you kick to it, but if you identify it as a lower % option you may hesitate.
Agree but why would BJ be a higher % option than 198cm Kosi. I would think if they were both forward and all things were equal they would go to Kosi much more just because of his presence.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Agree but why would BJ be a higher % option than 198cm Kosi. I would think if they were both forward and all things were equal they would go to Kosi much more just because of his presence.
be sensible mate. who would be more likely to get it and kick a goal on current form?

Saintsfan
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:As I said the players dont move it slower because Kosi is down there and they will not move it faster because BJ is there. Blake takes a mark in the back pocket. Do you think his first reaction is Kosi is at FF, I will take my time or if BJ is there is going to say to himself get rid of it quickly BJ is at FF. I dont think so. Confidence is down and so are the skills.
well this is where you and i differ. we would have won on sunday with just one potent key forward.

you've got to give them a dangerous target to kick to. kosi and fisher do not provide that.

riewoldt did, but he will not be back for a couple of months. i'm wracking my brain to think of someone who might :wink:
They were dangerous. Both of them (or one) kick straight and we win. Our skills are down at the moment and it looks like confidence is as well.

We never were a daring football team however right now there is no quick ball movement by foot or chain handballing out of tight situations into space. Players are second guessing themselves and the first option is seemingly not being taken.

The Saintsfan Cometh
markp
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Once it's gone through his hands and come straight out of the forward 50 3-4 times... you may start to lose confidence.

I think Kosi is getting better, and that if RL has anointed Fisher then he should stick with him, for the sake of continuity and giving him the time needed to develop.

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Need to use the corridor at Subi. Get caught wide and we're stuffed. Critical that we get that right this week.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
matrix
Saintsational Legend

humor??!
never!

green highlighter tho
cowboys pretty much explained the reasoning behind green.
now do we go the old trusty in faber castel???

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
markp wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Once it's gone through his hands and come straight out of the forward 50 3-4 times... you may start to lose confidence.

I think Kosi is getting better, and that if RL has anointed Fisher then he should stick with him, for the sake of continuity and giving him the time needed to develop.
I like you're thinking but who does he replace Fisher with?

Robbing Peter to pay Paul IMO.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:

humor??!
never!

green highlighter tho
cowboys pretty much explained the reasoning behind green.
now do we go the old trusty in faber castel???
Actually if we can get serious for a sec, there's one thing we haven't even consdiered....

What type of paper do we use? :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ohhh we have to go a3 size surely??

blimey:
http://www.thepapermillstore.com/paper-brands/

this could take a while :?

markp
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote: I like you're thinking but who does he replace Fisher with?

But who do you replace BJ with?.

It's one or the other and Fisher has been chosen, I think he is showing great signs too.

Maybe one of Zac or Raph needs to stand the f* up.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hey!
stop getting off topic!!!

:twisted:

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote: I like you're thinking but who does he replace Fisher with?

But who do you replace BJ with?.

It's one or the other and Fisher has been chosen, I think he is showing great signs too.

Maybe one of Zac or Raph needs to stand the f* up.
i know - that's what I mean, take BJ out of midfield is going to cost us because we're not getting our ball forward as often as BJ is our most damaging mid.

Take Fisher out of backline and we'll leak more goals.

I agree with you - whoever we take we'll be making the area we take them from deficient in some way. I think Zac needs to stand up and Gilbert needs to rediscover his form. Someone suggested Blake to full back - I don't think we should do that, because it will upset the structure, I think Blake plays better as a loose defender than solely one on one. Whoever we have at FB needs to be one on one.

Sorry Matrix, you're right, A3 is the way to go. Anything else is not big enough!

but I mean what brand? Surely, we avoid Spicers. (Do they evn exist anymore or am I living in the past)