Question- if we beat WC next week...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Question- if we beat WC next week...

The cats beat the pies, and the swans (at home) beat freo.... what will separate us from top spot?

And if we then go on to pump the crows and tigers, where could we be by the end of round 11?

Believe.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Love your optimism.

But we don't need to worry about what other teams do at this time of the season.

Win every game and the ladder will take care of itself.

Go Saints.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

When :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:When :wink:
I've been out-optimised! :shock: :wink:

When we win the next 3, we will be at the top of the ladder...

with only 3-4 more games to play without Roo.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Why will it matter if we're on top after beating Richmond, Adelaide and West Coast?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Why will it matter if we're on top after beating Richmond, Adelaide and West Coast?
Hasn't bother Collingwood that they beat up the bottom 4, I'll take top position for the time being. Thanks Mark, phew, I was beginning to worry.

markp
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Why will it matter if we're on top after beating Richmond, Adelaide and West Coast?
???

Did you read all of my post?

I suggest you go back and do so.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We will be higher on the ladder, safe in the knowledge that we have been capable of beating the Dogs, Collingwood and Freo this year?

markp
Saintsational Legend

Er... with 11 games to go till the finals, and only 3-4 of those without the most valuable player in the comp.

Being on top of the ladder might be good.

backit
Club Player

I honestly believed when Roo went down we would turn the half way mark at 9 - 2 and be in a good position to attack the second half of the season but on current form and being 5 - 3 with no easy games anymore based on how we are travelling, I dread to think where we will be at because we will not be favourite in any game soon unless we address our problems.

I believe we have the players but are playing without direction, any structure or have any momentum to carry us forward.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We won't beat the Eagles.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

It's about positioning ourselves for September.

Really doesn't matter who we've beaten to get a spot in the top four, just that we're there.

Most important thing is that we're playing good footy in August-September.

Saintsfan
Club Player

if we win 6-3 and we are not in too bad shape all things considering. I would prefer us to play better however alas we aren't howeveer last night showed some good signs regardless of the result.

The Saintsfan Cometh
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:We won't beat the Eagles.
I don't think anyone should be called negative fir saying this. Love the optimistic attitude and hope the players are thinking that way but we are in a form slump. I don't think we will beat the eagles. We could and I hope I'm proven wrong but I'm marking this down as an "L". Then after that, return to form with a win against Adelaide. It's gunna happen.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Someone has to to something we haven't been doing for a month if we are to beat the Eagles. Kick Goals!

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

'When' we win, that means we will have lost 3, and won 3 without Roo.

I'd have taken that during the half time break against Collingwood, when I was musing over his loss and how that will impact the side.

Against Essendon I thought we would win 'just because' which wasn't my best effort. This week, I actually have good reason.

I am particularly optimistic, because WCE require a heavy output of goals from LeCras and Kennedy.

Their recent weeks....

Rd 6 v Freo, 5 out of the 10.
Rd 7 v Hawthorn, 10 out of the 15.
Rd 8 v Melbourne, 4 out of the 10.

The only other concern is Cox is in some good form, as long as Gardiner keeps him accountable.

I'd back our defence though, surely?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Not confident.

To be honest big ground of subi and us trying to play shut down footy is a dangerous mix....

“Yeah….nah””
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Question- if we beat WC next week...

markp wrote:The cats beat the pies, and the swans (at home) beat freo.... what will separate us from top spot?

And if we then go on to pump the crows and tigers, where could we be by the end of round 11?

Believe.
I'll go with that. Optimism is a dying emotion. I believe.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:We won't beat the Eagles.
We can beat the Eagles.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

It doesn't. The wins are the important factor. Position will take care of itself.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Hasn't bother Collingwood that they beat up the bottom 4, I'll take top position for the time being. Thanks Mark, phew, I was beginning to worry.
Indeed. Essendon are the only sub .500 team we've played.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
noob
Club Player

I would be worrying about winning this week then the others. If we don't win this week i won't be confident at all winning beating adelaide or richmond.
There is no chance that will be beat adelaide or richmond by a big margin considering we can barely even get 100 points. I'd say our next few games will be tight games because we just dont take our chances.

goods
Club Player

Re: Question- if we beat WC next week...

markp wrote:The cats beat the pies, and the swans (at home) beat freo.... what will separate us from top spot?

Believe.
umm, geelong will separate us by 4 points

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

We will beat West Coast Eagles

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/ ... en-saints/

Selection pressure is mounting at West Coast as they chase a rare third win in a row with Andrew Embley, Ashley Hansen, Sam Butler and Brett Jones in contention for a recall against St Kilda at Subiaco Oval on Sunday.

The Eagles have regained confidence after beating Hawthorn and Melbourne in successive weeks and confront a St Kilda team that is a shadow of the squad that dominated in 2009. The Saints have lost three of their last four games, captain Nick Riewoldt is unavailable after ham-string surgery in round three and the team's scoring power has dried up.

West Coast defender Beau Waters said the club's depth would be a key factor in the team producing its best football and the players were confident they could maintain the pressure on St Kilda.

"We've got great depth," Waters said. "We've got Ashley playing sensational football at Swans, Sam Butler's still at Perth, Brett Jones is possibly coming back from an arm injury this week and Andrew Embley from suspension. We've got a lot of power with that position because of the depth of the side. We all know that depth equals success.

"It's an interesting stage of the game. Every side has the opportunity to beat every other side on their day. St Kilda have come up against two sides in the last two weeks that played better football than them on the day. We aim to play better football than St Kilda on Sunday."