Koschitzke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

wraiyth
Club Player

Maybe Podsiadly could teach him a thing or two.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

in all honesty, sauntner would have done better.

kosi tried hard and took a couple of spectacular marks, but i've come to the conclusion that he is simply not a natural forward.

we went to him many times for little return. we need to find a potent forward fast before the season slips away and it is not kosi. ruck him.
Last edited by bigcarl on Mon 17 May 2010 10:35am, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:tried hard and took a couple of spectacular marks, but i've come to the conclusion that he is simply not a natural forward.

we went to him many times for little return. we need to find a potent forward fast before the season slips away and it is not kosi. ruck him.
Did you see him in the ruck epecially at centre bounces. Didnt get within a foot of the ball. Yes he can ruck but for 15 minutes a game. He either plays forward or he doesnt play. There isnt another spot left for him on the ground. I have a feeling Stanley will play next week so we at least get to see what he may give us.

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of Kosi and whay he can do.

Over the first 8 rounds we have seen some good and some bad from him, and whilst the last few weeks haven't been great, what we saw last night was an huge improvement. Wasn't our best on ground but took a couple of great marks (and yes he had the opportunity to take a couple more), brought the ball to ground to the areas where our crumbers should have been, lead up well and presented when needed, and most importantly kicked a couple of goals.

Those of you who are knocking him need to remember one big thing. He is not Nick Riewoldt, Nick is a freak with some of his football abilities and thinking that Kosi should now be able step up and do those same things is a ridiculous concept.

In regard to his abilities at ground level, you can't have you cake and eat it to. We love his marking and pack splitting abilities and that is the case because he is a big tall strong unit, and let me tell you being a big bloke myself it is not easy to the try and get down to ground level or even stop your momentum when you are going hard on a lead or at the pack.

Yes he hasn't been in great form, but he is not the sole reason as to why we haven't been playing great football.

His form is starting to improve so get off his back.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:tried hard and took a couple of spectacular marks, but i've come to the conclusion that he is simply not a natural forward.

Did you see him in the ruck epecially at centre bounces. Didnt get within a foot of the ball. Yes he can ruck but for 15 minutes a game. He either plays forward or he doesnt play. There isnt another spot left for him on the ground. I have a feeling Stanley will play next week so we at least get to see what he may give us.
Has been poor in the ruck apart from short bursts his entire career, so I agree re: posting him forward. If you'd suggested putting Kosi permenantly into the ruck 5 years ago, you'd have been hounded off the forum!

Would be very surprised to see Stanley named anything but an emergency next week...but I'm constantly surprised these days.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Stanley was the 23rd man against Carlton. Was named 2nd best (after Steven) this week. Should have been named before McEvoy.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Stanley was the 23rd man against Carlton. Was named 2nd best (after Steven) this week. Should have been named before McEvoy.
Big Mac was doing OK in the VFL, and has played AFL already, so he was selected ahead of Stanley rightly IMO. Steven was a surprise ommission as far as I was concerned, so not surprised he did well. Wouldn't mind seeing him in place of Mini this week, but horses for courses, see how the match-ups look first.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Agree, Kosi can't ruck against another leaper like Ryder, he's a forward who rucks a bit, that's it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

wraiyth wrote:Maybe Podsiadly could teach him a thing or two.
Funny you should mention that, Pods was been rested for 'general soreness' and has my sympathy. I read that he copped quite a few knocks to the body, some to the head, and Geelong were concerned so rested him.

Playing FF, taking contested marks, and bashing and crashing the packs is tough work, Kosi has been throwing his body around for much longer and deserves a little more respect IMO.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

kosi may not be the world's best tap ruckman, but he gives you plenty around the ground so i think he is more valuable there than mcevoy at this stage.

as for stanley, apparently he was better for sandringham this week. i didn't see the game, so i can't comment except to say give him a run only if his form warrants it.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I dont get "go barrack for richmond" sentiment when anyone posts something as they see it.
Kosi had his best game for the saints this season.
But to say he was in the best is just plain rediculous.
He took two "good" strong marks. He kicked one goal from his own play.
The delivery to him was good, and he had plenty of support from smalls at his his feet, but against Fletcher, he got beaten soundly.
He drops too many marks to be our primary target.
Now before you all get all tetchy, suggest you watch the replay and ask yourself this one question.
If he was "So good" why did Lyon feel the need to rotate every man and his dog into the forward setup after the first quarter. Fisher, (Lead up well and marks stuck like glue) Gardiner (some great contested marks, one over Kosi & goddard) Goddard (inefectual as a forward) Blake Gilbert and Zac

Seeya
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:I dont get "go barrack for richmond" sentiment when anyone posts something as they see it.
Kosi had his best game for the saints this season.
But to say he was in the best is just plain rediculous.
He took two "good" strong marks. He kicked one goal from his own play.
The delivery to him was good, and he had plenty of support from smalls at his his feet, but against Fletcher, he got beaten soundly.
He drops too many marks to be our primary target.
Now before you all get all tetchy, suggest you watch the replay and ask yourself this one question.
If he was "So good" why did Lyon feel the need to rotate every man and his dog into the forward setup after the first quarter. Fisher, (Lead up well and marks stuck like glue) Gardiner (some great contested marks, one over Kosi & goddard) Goddard (inefectual as a forward) Blake Gilbert and Zac
Disagree on the point highlighted above, the 3 crumbers kicked a combined total of 2 goals.

We rotated players through there, because we lacked another forward, because we still haven't put someone in there to replace Roo.

Fisher may well be that solution, agree his marking was strong, but he needs to work on his accuracy.

Gardiner pushed forward and was damaging, and yes I'd like to see him do that more often.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I have come to the conclusion that, simply...Kosi is NOT INTERESTED.

I mean, thats it. For whatever reason, simple as that.

Twice for sure, maybe three times yesterday after a attempt at marking, ball would hit the ground and he was flat footed. Just nada, nothing. Something going on, and I think its all between the ears for whatever reason.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Well there you go - I thought Koschitzke was one of their better players yesterday, so no way would I tip him out..... :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
repta
Club Player

Kozi going for the ball in the forward line is good, as more often than not he brings the ball to ground in the contest (that or takes a few players out (from either team)).