Time for T Walsh

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oldtimer
Club Player

Time for T Walsh

Torture watching it yesterday. Whilst devestated I do think that we were the better side but got some of our own back by missing set shots. Out of the 8 games so far I'm reasonably sure that we have won statistically only 3 games. North, Freo and Essendon. So I think we are lucky to be 5 and 3 and still in the 8. Personally I would put T Walsh in next week and let him have a go, even if he had a shocker he would understand the momentum of the game. We always have at least 3 or 4 passengers so we would have nothing to lose by trying him. I'm sure his 'Irish' spriit would count for something. He's been listed in Sandy's best 4 weeks in a row !

I was there in 1966
undecided
Club Player

Not this week. If he has a good game playing forward for sandy and we lose to wce I think we will see him or Stanley against Adelaide.

rexy
SS Life Member

If Zac gets rubbed out he might be picked at FB? Keep forward structure the same as this week with Fisher forward. If walsh gets carved up then swap them?

Maybe this year?
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I hope we see Stanley this week replacing McEvoy.

undecided
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:I hope we see Stanley this week replacing McEvoy.
I would like to see kosi in the ruck and stanley of walsh forward. Mcevoy isn't ready yet and I DO NOT want him playing in the forward line.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

You forget he is a rookie, need a long term injury for him to get a game and I don't think we really want that.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SaintTom
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:You forget he is a rookie, need a long term injury for him to get a game and I don't think we really want that.
How bad is King's injury? I absolutely love King, but I must say he's not much of a loss.

Joffa 5
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:I hope we see Stanley this week replacing McEvoy.
Don't think we'll be seeing Stanley:
Stanley has spent the year so far with VFL team Sandringham and Lyon said he was a while away from making the next step up.

“I hear all that but you’ve got to set them up to succeed. I’m unfortunate because I’ve been watching the opposition,â€

undecided
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:You forget he is a rookie, need a long term injury for him to get a game and I don't think we really want that.
I believe miles is on the lti list and riewoldt would be aswell woulndt he. And after round 11 we can promote 1 rookie.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I havn't heard of any players being put on long term injury list, Roo definately isn't. Kings injury is not that bad. Can comment about Miles, I don't know.

Either way I don't see Walsh getting a game for a fair while yet, to inexperienced.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Would be a mistake

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Foz
Club Player

Stanley lined up from 55 and sunk it home for Sandy last weekend.

If theres one reason only that he should play its because he can kick straight for goal !!

What was our set shot accuracy again on Sunday night? Was it 1-7 the same as the week before?

When Stanley went back, denied leads and kicked that bomb it said loads about what he can offer.