fix the forward line

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

fix the forward line

fix it or forget 2010

11 more inside 50s, and still we couldn't score, i read on another thread.

we need a potent forward and kosi isn't it.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 16 May 2010 9:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

the problem is more the backline than the forward line. kosi played well today.

Sainter for life.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thought it looked much better and on the improve, however while the tall timber was showing signs of life, the crumbers were not.

2 goals from Milne Schneider and Mini is just not good enough.

PLENTY of times the ball spilt to ground and why on earth was Gardiner the only guy that seemed to be in the right place?

I agree the forward line can improve, but it is trending in the right direction unlike last week.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:kosi played well today.
kosi tried his guts out and pulled in a couple of great marks. however we went to him many times for little return.

ruck him imo and find a fast leading forward with some goal-kicking nous. goddard imo.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Thought it looked much better and on the improve, however while the tall timber was showing signs of life, the crumbers were not.

PLENTY of times the ball spilt to ground and why on earth was Gardiner the only guy that seemed to be in the right place?

I agree the forward line can improve, but it is trending in the right direction unlike last week.
Because Gardiner is a ten times better footballer than Kosi.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:Thought it looked much better and on the improve, however while the tall timber was showing signs of life, the crumbers were not.

You missed my point actually....at one point Gardiner picked up a crumb that Kosi produced that number 44, 13 or 32 should of been around for.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:the problem is more the backline than the forward line. kosi played well today.
Kosi did not play well today. Two frees that had nothing to do with him and got 2 goals. Two good marks and 15 chances to take easier marks.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Stop stuffing around with defenders up forward, and put the only bloke with the size, skill and creativity to fill that spot up forward - Goddard - up forward, or change our game plan.

The one week BJ was played at CHF, he had 20+ possessions and kicked 5. It is beyond belief that he hasnt been played there since then
i've pinched this "n1ck" quote from another thread because it encapsulates what i think.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

You missed my point actually....at one point Gardiner picked up a crumb that Kosi produced that number 44, 13 or 32 should of been around for.
I didn't miss your point. Kosi should take marks, not bring the ball to ground. That's a ruckman's role.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
na exa
Club Player

broken record time ...

plant gardner at ff.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
battye
Saintsational Legend

na exa wrote:broken record time ...

plant gardner at ff.
If King was rucking I would agree. But McEvoy?

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

na exa wrote:broken record time.
i don't care if i sound like a broken record. i refuse to concede that we cannot win without riewoldt and will keep throwing up solutions.

this weeks solution is the same as last week's.

commit some quality resources to the forward line to replace one of the best forwards in the game.

kosi inside 50 is not working. goddard and gilbert imo. kosi to ruck.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 16 May 2010 10:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

We have the cattle. Just have to use them efficiently. We're not at the moment.

Gilbert is suitable as a 3rd forward. I dont think hes right for a key forward spot.

Finna
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:the problem is more the backline than the forward line. kosi played well today.
Kosi did not play well today. Two frees that had nothing to do with him and got 2 goals. Two good marks and 15 chances to take easier marks.
Agreed. If Kosi had of held onto his marks he could have kicked 6 and we'd be saying he's the answer up front.

He got himself into good position plenty of times only to drop the mark.....frustrating...... :cry:

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Gilbert is suitable as a 3rd forward. I dont think hes right for a key forward spot.
i don't know, he reminds me of a young GTrain. Quick and creative and can hurt you either in the air or on the ground.

SaintWal
Club Player

Kosi's best game for the year and he still gets bagged. Good at the contest all night.

He will get better as well. After last weeks game I posted that the problem with Kosi is that we are trying to get him running from the wing back to full forward to then try and contest. May work with Roo but never Kosi's game. They settled him at most just outside the F50 arc and I think it looked much better.

Statsman
Club Player

Finna wrote:He got himself into good position plenty of times only to drop the mark.....frustrating...... :cry:
Frustrating yes, but a marked improvement over previous weeks. Hopefully he'll build on today's performance and produce more next week.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:Kosi's best game for the year and he still gets bagged. Good at the contest all night.
he tried very hard and did some nice things. however we went to him many times for little reward in the way of goals. and the crumbers were noticeably absent.

once i thought he'd make it as a key forward, but now i concede that he just doesn't have the smarts ... as a forward.

certainly not to build an attack around.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 16 May 2010 10:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

na exa
Club Player

broken record re me ...not you carl

gardy to ff
kosi and mac changing in the fp
give em a crumber

give the hf line over to raph/zac or raph/gilbert

forget kingy ...gawn

now organise the rest of em to get the pill up that end and stop the pill going to the other end .... kick it quick , long and hard at our end when we get within dobbing distance....

get a score on the board and watch their skills and confidence magically reappear.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

na exa wrote:broken record re me ...not you carl .
oh, okay, sorry fella. :oops: the paranoia is setting in.

SaintWal
Club Player

I agree, Kosi needs a foil up forward and whether Ross likes it or not Stanley is the only option that will make other teams worry.
bigcarl wrote:
SaintWal wrote:Kosi's best game for the year and he still gets bagged. Good at the contest all night.
he tried very hard and did some nice things. however we went to him many times for little reward in the way of goals. and the crumbers were noticeably absent.

once i thought he'd make it as a key forward, but now i concede that he just doesn't have the smarts ... as a forward.

certainly not to build an attack around.

kalsaint
Club Player

Yes the forward structure has not always been good but the crumbers were lacking today in opportunity and forward pressure. Kosi could remain upright more and be a better target if the tackles were increased from our smaller forwards.

We still need an additional leading forward as support who is prepared to work and run hard.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:I agree, Kosi needs a foil up forward and whether Ross likes it or not Stanley is the only option that will make other teams worry.
goddard

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:kosi played well today.
kosi tried his guts out and pulled in a couple of great marks. however we went to him many times for little return.

ruck him imo and find a fast leading forward with some goal-kicking nous. goddard imo.
He wasn't good today. Kicked okay, couple of great marks, but doesn't give anything at ground level, his inability to contest if he doesn't mark directly led to multiple Essendon scores. It was apparent in the NAB GF and it's apparent now.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs