kicking into our 50

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jimbob
Club Player

kicking into our 50

was it just me or were we bombing it heaps into our 50 and dons just bringing it straight back out, poor use on the ball!!! :evil:

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Richmond today went inside 50 with more authority and purpose than what we did tonight.

Has Tudor handed the reigns back to Johnny Barker ?

Bring back the Lockett era
SaintSimmo
Club Player

we were, no targets at all, we are all over the place, hopefully they slog it out at training this week.

Luckily it is still early in the season, hopefully we can get it together at the right time.
Just need to get that top four spot then we will be right, riewoldt back....all good :D

Sainter for life.
wraiyth
Club Player

I dont understand Kosi inside the 50. Manages to hold off Fletcher when Gardiner is coming back for a mark, but can't stand his ground when trying to take a mark himself. Kosi either needs to mark the bloody thing, or if he's there to provide a contest and bring the ball to ground, make sure there are actually players AT HIS FEET. The times we had a crumber under Kosi, we kicked goals.

Saint Mik
Club Player

Re: kicking into our 50

jimbob wrote:was it just me or were we bombing it heaps into our 50 and dons just bringing it straight back out, poor use on the ball!!! :evil:
Had to listen to it today on Radio and it sounded as though we did not have a forward target at all, come straight back out, in the end I turned it off halfway through the last as I got fed up with what I was hearing :twisted:

The only positive about this loss is that we have plenty of time to sort it out IF we can sort it out that is :shock:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
wasaintsfan
Club Player

Saint Mik wrote:
jimbob wrote:was it just me or were we bombing it heaps into our 50 and dons just bringing it straight back out, poor use on the ball!!! :evil:
Had to listen to it today on Radio and it sounded as though we did not have a forward target at all, come straight back out, in the end I turned it off halfway through the last as I got fed up with what I was hearing :twisted:

The only positive about this loss is that we have plenty of time to sort it out IF we can sort it out that is :shock:
we had forwards but the ball was going right over their heads to a bombers player 20m by himself

Saint Mik
Club Player

wraiyth wrote:I dont understand Kosi inside the 50 Kosi either needs to mark the bloody thing, or if he's there to provide a contest and bring the ball to ground, make sure there are actually players AT HIS FEET.
How in the hell is Kossi going to ensure that OTHER players in our forward 50 are at HIS feet :shock:

Its up to the others to get in the right spots for when the ball does hit the deck, its not Kossies fault if he splits a pack and there is no one at his feet Cmon he has been down and had a decent game and you still bag him after a loss :roll:

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

It seems we cannot hit an open target

Inside 50's - 54 to 43 in our favour

The problem is not getting the ball there but keeping it there

Our forward pressure has been poor all year

Commentators were also saying that our mids at times were refusing to run on into the forwardline - being too defensive minded

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Saint Mik
Club Player

wasaintsfan wrote:
Saint Mik wrote:

we had forwards but the ball was going right over their heads to a bombers player 20m by himself
So was it our kicking or our forwards in the wrong spots and not reading the play and the fall of the ball then???

Like I said it was so hard to listen to :twisted:

The heat is on all at the saints now, but that could be a very good thing going forward, no passengers thats for sure next week and can we please get over the fact that Rooey is not up there, so disapointed that we as a club can not come up with a forward structure that will ensure a winning points margin 2 weeks in a row.

wasaintsfan
Club Player

deffo our kicking for the most of it especially in the last... alot of the time we kicked it to their man who had no one on him... one time fletcher litterly stood still and took it on his chest actually happened a few times

wraiyth
Club Player

Saint Mik wrote:
wraiyth wrote:I dont understand Kosi inside the 50 Kosi either needs to mark the bloody thing, or if he's there to provide a contest and bring the ball to ground, make sure there are actually players AT HIS FEET.
How in the hell is Kossi going to ensure that OTHER players in our forward 50 are at HIS feet :shock:

Its up to the others to get in the right spots for when the ball does hit the deck, its not Kossies fault if he splits a pack and there is no one at his feet Cmon he has been down and had a decent game and you still bag him after a loss :roll:
I never said Kosi has to ensure it. I was talking in general - the coach and other players have come out and said thats the reason he's there, yet our gameplan doesnt seem to work to that theory...