The 'Over Reliance on Roo' Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Nothing but negative crap again RF without positive to say. I think people should do what I have decided to do because he is obviously baiting and everytime he comes on here with either a question or negative crap ask him for some positive answers to his negative crap. He will either go away or show he has some footy brain and give some solutions for a change.

So RF for at least the 10th time in 2 days do you have any ideas that may make us play better?
Maybe Violent Stool would like to try and offer an answer on Rodger's behalf?

He/she/it seemed to step into the breach for him last season when Rodger went missing in action becasue we seemingly were going too well.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
his incorrect opinions from back then.
You think you are a winner here don't you. RF 101.. throw mud...don't provide any detail.

What opinions? Please have the balls to mention them or you are just trolling.

Bit like this whole thread...where you say we are over reliant on Roo but will not offer any theories on how it can be bettered.

RF 101..just wait to AFTER a game and then rubbish any mistakes that occur and how you knew it all along.

Disagree or not with my posts at least I have the balls to post opinons and suggestions on improvements before the fact, rather than just after the fact

Ah a St Kilda slump...nothing excites RF more!!!
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 13 May 2010 5:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So RF how many rookies did the Blues have in their team the other night?

Do you think that their rookies helped them to win?

What would the Blues team have been like without any rookies?

You have ridiculed my opinion from 2006 that every AFL team should make full use of the rookie system, and have raised it again in this thread. My view back then was that St Kilda along with several other clubs was not making the use out of the rookie sytem that it should have which in turn affects the quality and depth ona teams list.

So how about you provide some analysis of why rookies were so bad for the Blues (I disagree) and for the Saints (I disagree).

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
na exa
Club Player

i gotta say thankyou boys ... i read 'these' while waiting for the kettle to boil 8-)
Two delusional guys speaking, just makes for a bigger delusion.
thats a goodun .

:D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
So how about you provide some analysis of why rookies were so bad for the Blues (I disagree) and for the Saints (I disagree).
What the hell?

Have you been drinking?

Violent Stool
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Nothing but negative crap again RF without positive to say. I think people should do what I have decided to do because he is obviously baiting and everytime he comes on here with either a question or negative crap ask him for some positive answers to his negative crap. He will either go away or show he has some footy brain and give some solutions for a change.

So RF for at least the 10th time in 2 days do you have any ideas that may make us play better?

He/she/it seemed to step into the breach for him last season when Rodger went missing in action becasue we seemingly were going too well.
Im not sticking up for him

How far down the rabbit hole do you really want to go?
Saintsfan
Club Player

Violent Stool wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Sorry what is this He/she/it nonsense? Fill one in

RF...you point out our problems as all teams have yet you never provide solutions or a solutions....so try sunshine

The Saintsfan Cometh
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
RF...you point out our problems as all teams have yet you never provide solutions or a solutions....so try sunshine
I fail to understand why my suggested fixes have any relevance to having discussion about the club.

Why does it make the thread and/or topic any less relevant?

If you aren't interested unless someone puts forward a solution to any issue - then feel free to ignore the thread or post.

Saintsfan
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:
I fail to understand why my suggested fixes have any relevance to having discussion about the club.

Why does it make the thread and/or topic any less relevant?

If you aren't interested unless someone puts forward a solution to any issue - then feel free to ignore the thread or post.
Well GT, you continue to post. You continue to make threads stating the obvious without ever finding a solution with what we have at present.

What would you do GT with our team?

The Saintsfan Cometh
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Actually Rodger, I answered you earlier, but you never responded. I would like to continue the discussion at some point if you're interested...

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
Well GT, you continue to post. You continue to make threads stating the obvious without ever finding a solution with what we have at present.
Not sure why you're calling me GT? But anyway...

...stating the obvious??? I can only think of about 3 posters that agree with my points of view - everyone else seems to vehemently disagree. So I'm not sure how suddenly my views are 'obvious'.

na exa
Club Player

talking about , how far down the rabbit hole .... its jethro , the insane cracked pepper shaker with fingers , asking about he/she/ it ... with a 'straight' face , i might add.

fill in these blanks , if you can .

--ic- -s - b---k

na exa
Club Player

your GT because Tef is Cam Butterrs in jethro's 'world'.

Saintsfan
Club Player

na exa wrote:your GT because Tef is Cam Butterrs in jethro's 'world'.
But Westaway and Teflon himself admitted to being a son of Butterrs. But but but but but but but but but but

The Saintsfan Cometh
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Maybe RF is Molly Meldrum!? :D

Molly was on SEN the other day and blamed RL for our loss in the GF...

na exa
Club Player

westaway said , tef was cam ?

if so , i'd believe then.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Violent Stool wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Why not?
I heard that you (whatever you are - he/she/it?) are so close to Rodger it's unnerving?

Where you been?
We haven't seen hide nor hair of you since Rodger made a miraculous comeback after our GF loss?

Even when Rodger was being accused by me (amongst others) of being you - you didn't even bother to pop in and set us all straight?

I now know that you adn Rodger aren't teh same fidtitious internest personna becasue he categorically denied being Violet Stool (note the missing 'n' from Violent) and Rodger would never lie on saintsational - I now know he has too many ethics/morals to play manipulative games on here. :roll:

But then you already know that, being so close to him and all, so why should I bother telling you what you already know?

Saintsfan
Club Player

na exa wrote:westaway said , tef was cam ?

if so , i'd believe then.
Teflon also said he was a member of the Butterrs clan

The Saintsfan Cometh
na exa
Club Player

thats why andrew is always smooching up to him , but did westaway actually confirm teffers was cam to you ?

i wanna believe.

Saintsfan
Club Player

na exa wrote:
thats why andrew is always smooching up to him , but did westaway actually confirm teffers was cam to you ?

i wanna believe.
He said he was the son of Butterrs. I have not the foggiest of the Butterrs' family so I would not know whether there is just one son or multiple. If there is only one son of Rod Butterrs then it is infact Cam.

The Saintsfan Cometh
na exa
Club Player

do you reckon the pres would come on here for a chat with the faithful about the club in '10 ?

that'd be a blast.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:Curious as to what Grant's got to do with the over reliance on Roo?
SrR used 'the streak' as a bad example (again he seems to think that if he can convince everyone that Lyon is better than GT it will vindicate his incorrect opinions from back then), to which I responded. Obviously Thomas was coach then - hence his name being used.
SainterK wrote: You don't have to convince me RF, however I haven't thrown up my hands in despair that the team isn't capable of rising above it...
I haven't seen anything over the past 18 months to suggest it's just 'gonna happen'.

That's what concerns me.
I understand that your concerned, but the Freo game must of given you some indication that it can be done?

I will do my best to give you some facts to ponder over a nice cup of tea. :)

The week following the Freo game, both Ray and Gram missed through injury against Port.

Ray returned against the Dogs, but it could be said that he found his form again on Monday night.

Gram returned Monday, and I expect him to be better for the run this week as well.

Provided Armo returns to assist Lenny with the clearances this week, this will mean that it's the first opportunity to setup similar to what worked that first complete game without Roo.

I am hoping Goddard pushes forward, he famously got a bit of negative press for being a bit excited that game.

On reflection though, that spark is exactly the tonic needed right now, and I think Goddard forward will provide that.
It's all going to work out Rodger, you wait and see :)

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
I understand that your concerned, but the Freo game must of given you some indication that it can be done?

The week following the Freo game, both Ray and Gram missed through injury against Port.

Ray returned against the Dogs, but it could be said that he found his form again on Monday night.

Gram returned Monday, and I expect him to be better for the run this week as well.

Provided Armo returns to assist Lenny with the clearances this week, this will mean that it's the first opportunity to setup similar to what worked that first complete game without Roo.

I am hoping Goddard pushes forward, he famously got a bit of negative press for being a bit excited that game.

On reflection though, that spark is exactly the tonic needed right now, and I think Goddard forward will provide that.
It's all going to work out Rodger, you wait and see :)[/quote]

So you think we need every single player fit and in form to 'hopefully' cover the loss of Roo?

That's kind of my point.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
SainterK wrote:

It's all going to work out Rodger, you wait and see :)
So you think we need every single player fit and in form to 'hopefully' cover the loss of Roo?

That's kind of my point.[/quote]

RF i agree. We should have a ready made replacement for a top 3 player in the AFL. It makes sense and you know it. Actually im not sure you know anything.

na exa
Club Player

he/she knows enough to keep this place tick'n along though.

a lot of what goes on here is like watching luke in balack and **** white