David Kings comments.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

David Kings comments.

Was listening to the game last night on AW and was interested in David Kings assessment on a few issues.

Reckons that the blues will finish higher than us after last night..this one is time capsuled and I for one will be reminding him bigtime when the real season begins.

Also said post game that Goddard must move forward permanantly until Riewoldt returns and Gwilt should be mainly back probably at Raphs expense.

I think he is spot on.Jimi has shown that he can be very effective down back[named there but has forward a lot] and BJ is the class we need in the forward line..think it would help Kosi significantly as well as a key mobile tall forward.

I would also add Stanley[time to start his development] as another mobile tall forward.

Bring armo into the midfield,Peake to add some pace and McEnvoy to alternate with Kosi and Gardener.

Reckon Raph ,King ,Mini and Geary might all be having a rest this week.

Baker Dawson Gilbert
Gwilt Fisher Gram
Ray Dal Santo Montagna
Schneider Goddard Stanley
Milne Kosi Steven

McEnvoy Hayes Jones

Inter: Blake,Gardiner,Armitage,Peake.

Will be interesting to see whether Lyon is prepared to bite the bullet this thursday night :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
rexy
SS Life Member

StPatrick, interested to know why you think Geary will be having a rest, I have not looked at stats and dont intend to too be honest. From watching the game though I thought Geary ran hard, put his body on the line, chased and tackled, took overhead marks and was reasonably clean with the ball.

You however are not the only one to mention him in our worst, what am I missing, did I overate his performance in a poor team effort?

Maybe this year?
degruch
Saintsational Legend

So, will David King's proposed move of Goddard forward/Gwilt back result in being lower on the ladder than the Blues? Hmmmm, where will we finish if we just ignore his assessment?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I could'nt split Jimmy and Raph last night to be honest, except Raph was by far the better tackler.
I agree that Mini should be dropped, and we know that King has done a hammy so he will be out. Unless you drop Zac I cant see any others getting canned. I would personally give Zac another chance but as a forward.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote: StPatrick, interested to know why you think Geary will be having a rest, I have not looked at stats and dont intend to too be honest. From watching the game though I thought Geary ran hard, put his body on the line, chased and tackled, took overhead marks
All yes. Quite impressed with these aspects of his game.
rexy wrote:
and was reasonably clean with the ball.
Ah no, he butchered the ball including quite gettable shots on goal.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
rexy
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
rexy wrote: StPatrick, interested to know why you think Geary will be having a rest, I have not looked at stats and dont intend to too be honest. From watching the game though I thought Geary ran hard, put his body on the line, chased and tackled, took overhead marks
All yes. Quite impressed with these aspects of his game.
rexy wrote:
and was reasonably clean with the ball.
Ah no, he butchered the ball including quite gettable shots on goal.
fair enough, didnt notice myself any more than others but I dont question your asessment. Do you think poor enough to be dropped. I like the way Geary is developing and hope he gets an extended run, have him ahead of Steven Peake and Eddy at the very least at the moment?

Maybe this year?
Sainterone
Club Player

I have been quite pleased with Gwilts efforts this year.
His game last night was solid and I can't remember any mistakes.

We had too many players who put in below par performances.
They have already been named / shamed.

Possible ins:

Big Mac - can play fwd as well as ruck - maybe can rotate with Kosi
Armitage - Lenny seemed to be on his lonesome last night. Some assistance is required. I think Armo has gone OK.
Peake - many think that we need more pace after last night. Peake may be the answer.

Possible outs:

Mini - his stats are slightly better but he's kicking less goals this year - just two in 7 matches - this may count against him.
Raph - error-prone and regularly gifts goals to the opposition. A big liability while we are kicking low scores
King - hamstring will require a rest

Can't see Geary being dropped on recent form

GO SAINTS

NICK RIEWOLDT - 444 GOALS FROM 200 MATCHES
STEPHEN MILNE - 440 GOALS FROM 216 MATCHES
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Sorry but David King....?

Peake was not brilliant. Far from it. Why bring him back?

Stanley has not shown enough in the magoos to warrant a spot. Why bring up a player, a young player who is not getting his hands on the ball at the lower grade? It is just a recipe for fail.

There is some merit in bringing Armo back up, he can perform a role in and under, but he NEEDS to get the ball more. He NEEDS to get more possessions.

Macca MAY get his chance this week due to Kings hammy, but his form has been average as well. Seriously, Big mac is the disappointment of our season so far.

Geary is doing the right things.
Raph may go.
King will miss.
Mini...Mini does a lot of things RIGHT. He is still a quality user bringing it inside. I cant see him missing just yet. Sure his scoreboard output is down, but he is measured on more than that.

There may be a change or two, but nothing drastic...

We all desperately, DESPERATELY want a flag this year and we are seeing the dream threatened. Strong minds and firm wills are required. I believe that we have some quality people running the show....we gotta trust them to do the right thing.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I could'nt split Jimmy and Raph last night to be honest, except Raph was by far the better tackler.
I agree that Mini should be dropped, and we know that King has done a hammy so he will be out. Unless you drop Zac I cant see any others getting canned. I would personally give Zac another chance but as a forward.
Geezus did you see how he shanked his 2 shots on goal. There is no way he is the answer forward.

Another opportunity awaits!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

he is a decent forward actually...

His year in the abyss when Hawthorn dropped him like a hot stone (family club my arse)....he played forward with some real success apparently.

He does look more comfortable up forward.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
We all desperately, DESPERATELY want a flag this year and we are seeing the dream threatened. Strong minds and firm wills are required. I believe that we have some quality people running the show....we gotta trust them to do the right thing.
I want them to create a working forward line for Roo to slot back into....

not wait for Roo to comeback and be the forward line

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:he is a decent forward actually...

His year in the abyss when Hawthorn dropped him like a hot stone (family club my arse)....he played forward with some real success apparently.

He does look more comfortable up forward.
Surely you jest.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Kicked 60+ goals in the Hawthorn Magoos.

Sorry but its true.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

St Patrick me old mate! I agree that its at times "interesting" to hear the comments of the media pundits. I don't put too much value on what they have to say. David King's opinion is no more valuable than yours or mine, now that he is a spectator of, and not a participant in AFL.
Of course carlton could finish above us! IF the form shown by both teams last night continued for the next fifteen weeks. Thats the whole snag with this mob in the media, and the reason why I don't bother listening/reading/watching 'em other than game day.
Lloyd had us losing by 40+ against the Bulldogs, Robert Walls referred to us as "dog food" prior to that game,and then turns on the Doggies a week later. Garry Lyon has Adelaide making the GF for Gods sake!
And Brereton? the only thing worth listening to with him is hearing him mangle the English language! Caroline Wilson? a gossip columnist with Hutchy in the same category.
As I say, I probably see more of the Saints week in and week out than any of these "merchants" so I'll just not bother letting some hack tell me where MY team is going to finish or offer "helpful suggestions" thanks very much!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:St Patrick me old mate! I agree that its at times "interesting" to hear the comments of the media pundits. I don't put too much value on what they have to say. David King's opinion is no more valuable than yours or mine, now that he is a spectator of, and not a participant in AFL.
Of course carlton could finish above us! IF the form shown by both teams last night continued for the next fifteen weeks. Thats the whole snag with this mob in the media, and the reason why I don't bother listening/reading/watching 'em other than game day.
Lloyd had us losing by 40+ against the Bulldogs, Robert Walls referred to us as "dog food" prior to that game,and then turns on the Doggies a week later. Garry Lyon has Adelaide making the GF for Gods sake!
And Brereton? the only thing worth listening to with him is hearing him mangle the English language! Caroline Wilson? a gossip columnist with Hutchy in the same category.
As I say, I probably see more of the Saints week in and week out than any of these "merchants" so I'll just not bother letting some hack tell me where MY team is going to finish or offer "helpful suggestions" thanks very much!
Pure gold Jiggster!