We wont drop anyone for next weeks game!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

We wont drop anyone for next weeks game!!

Saints should drop Raph,maybe stevens,king out injured the only change.

Our police is one i dont agree with but its not to drop Raph.WE need a tall option like stanley,or Zack or both in the forward line with Gaertner in fullback and peake in as well with pace.

But the club wont do that they might do it in 8 weeks time when the relise we are loosing games but by then it will be to late.

SaintTom
Club Player

Re: We wont drop anyone for next weeks game!!

saint58 wrote:Saints should drop Raph,maybe stevens,king out injured the only change.

Our police is one i dont agree with but its not to drop Raph.WE need a tall option like stanley,or Zack or both in the forward line with Gaertner in fullback and peake in as well with pace.

But the club wont do that they might do it in 8 weeks time when the relise we are loosing games but by then it will be to late.
Ahh...what are you basing this on?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Personally I'd prefer to back our players to make up for the poor peformance...

rexy
SS Life Member

There needs to be some changes, and i dont think we have been unchanged once this year so no doubt there will be. Changes will be based on effort, inability to carry out team rules/ game plan and yes posession and influence on the game. Players with runs on the board will be given a chance to redeem themselves.

Last nights loss was not the fault of Steven, Raph, Geary, Mcqualter, Gwilt Dawson or King not being up to it. All of these guys are are role players and are there to support our A grade players. Many of our A graders were well down last night.

DalSanto and Gramm were soft, Fisher is either injured, unfit or uninterested, Gilbert is being exposed by being dragged close to goals and also by putting preassure on him when he is in possesion, Kosi is getting awful entry kicks, Milne and Schneider are busting a gut but are not getting front and centre at contests (presumably because when Roo is their they know where the contest is actually going to be but now they are not sure who to get in front of?) They want to me marking options instead of crumbers, Jones has not done an effective tagging job that I can remember since the Pies game and it is obvious that whoever he goes to will not be played in the centre square often. Joeys first halves have been ordinary but he is at least running games out.

Hayes and Goddard are probably the only 2 guys who can honestly say they are playing at close to their best.

Maybe this year?
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

For what its worth, I feel that there should be changes for this week. I don't believe in making changes simply for the sake of it, but that performance last night was disgraceful and the worst since the 2008 PF (when Harves was let down by a PW effort)
I think the coach needs to inject something completely different up forward and something that our opponents can't plan for. I would bring in McEvoy for King and Rhys Stanley for Kosi who at the moment is struggling and needs to find touch with Sandy.
I'm not certain of who would make way, but Armitage is another who would get a game for mine.
Its time to perhaps try a few things from left field and who knows? we may just regain that mojo!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If King is out injured my guess is there will be at least omission.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Nick Dal Santo had a poor game by his standards, and perhaps Peake could be given a run this week? It could be useful to "rest" some players and try a few different things out during the next few rounds? I realize of course that we need to win enough games to make the eight, but shuffling the pack a wee bit may be just the thing to outwit our opponents and provide competition for places in our side?
There just doesn't seem to be the same level of intensity as last year and thats what brought us so much success!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Zippy
Club Player

This was the kind of loss that'll help restore intensity. Our team hasn't copped a pasting in ages. The guys will be jarred into action.

I'm taking dal Santo as my dream team captain for this weekend for that reason.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

It's interesting to read all the posts on this topic (on the various threads that are running simultaneously)

Some are calling for up to half a dozen players to be dropped while others are saying there's virtually no one playing for Sandy at a level worthy of promotion.

Some are calling on Ross to drop players who aren't really performing at AFL level and replace them with players who aren't really performing at VFL level.

Some of our players currently with Sandy have ability however there's no one down there that's going to be able to come in and take the game apart. We don't have anyone there with blistering pace, or the ability to kick a bag of goals etc. At best someone may come in and perform a little bit better than the player he replaces.

So what's the answer? Well I don't know and I suspect no one on this forum knows. I don't even think Ross knows.

But I do trust RL's ability to look at the options and make a judgement call on what changes need to be made for next Sunday and beyond.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Changes will be minimal IMO, but not zero.

Armo being dropped appears a mistake in hindsight, I'd be surprised if he wasn't back. Peake and Heyne (given he was an emergency on the weekend) might also appear. If we need a like for like replacement for King, it may be McEvoy, otherwise Gardi/Kosi/Blake for ruck possibly?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Nick Dal Santo had a poor game by his standards, and perhaps Peake could be given a run this week? It could be useful to "rest" some players and try a few different things out during the next few rounds? I realize of course that we need to win enough games to make the eight, but shuffling the pack a wee bit may be just the thing to outwit our opponents and provide competition for places in our side?
There just doesn't seem to be the same level of intensity as last year and thats what brought us so much success!
Almost agree re Dally.

He should be put on notice by Rossy - one more pathetic, weak as piss effort like last night and he back to Sandy for punishment again.

So keep Dal in, on a warning......

bigred
Saintsational Legend

One change.

King is injured.

Which is an interesting one.

From all reports, Mac has been doing sweet FA in the magoos...

And so has Stanley.

Pattison is not the answer.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:One change.

King is injured.

And so has Stanley.

Really...Ben isn't playing well at Sandy?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

King is injured.

And so has Stanley.

I believe the observers have him as ok around the ground, but that he is getting beaten in tapwork.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintTom
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:For what its worth, I feel that there should be changes for this week. I don't believe in making changes simply for the sake of it, but that performance last night was disgraceful and the worst since the 2008 PF (when Harves was let down by a PW effort)
I think the coach needs to inject something completely different up forward and something that our opponents can't plan for. I would bring in McEvoy for King and Rhys Stanley for Kosi who at the moment is struggling and needs to find touch with Sandy.
I'm not certain of who would make way, but Armitage is another who would get a game for mine.
Its time to perhaps try a few things from left field and who knows? we may just regain that mojo!
I don't believe you can replace Kosi with Stanley, that's not the answer. The only way for either of them to have an impact, I think, is if they both play. Kosi isn't working as sole forward, and for Stanley to come in as the target forward drawing the number one defender in his first game, well, it's going to get ugly. Stanley for King.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Nick Dal Santo had a poor game by his standards, and perhaps Peake could be given a run this week? It could be useful to "rest" some players and try a few different things out during the next few rounds? I realize of course that we need to win enough games to make the eight, but shuffling the pack a wee bit may be just the thing to outwit our opponents and provide competition for places in our side?
If you are suggesting resting Dal Santo and replacing him with Peake then ur on the wrong track. You don't rest players after they've just got smashed, you either drop them or continue to play them

Another opportunity awaits!
Legendary
Club Player

Armitage simply must come in.

We've gotta get our hands on the footy before anything else.

Buckets
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:
Almost agree re Dally.

He should be put on notice by Rossy - one more pathetic, weak as piss effort like last night and he back to Sandy for punishment again.

Why is it that Dally seems to be the only big name player that gets brought up? Joey has not been great neither has Gilbert same can go for Schneids. Think it is wrong to put it on Dal to be the scapegoat just so the rest of the team lift!
What about his team mates that didnt help him out with the hard tag he was copping? That was the biggest disappointment for me. Not once did one of our boys come over and try get in between Carrazzo and Dally! You work as a team not as individuals.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:

King is injured.

And so has Stanley.

I believe the observers have him as ok around the ground, but that he is getting beaten in tapwork.
Mcevoy has been the best of a bad lot at Sandy recently. Got towelled in the ruck by Minson a couple of weeks back, but seemed to go Ok against the Port ruckman on Saturday. Wasn't bad around the ground and took some nice grabs up forward.

Pattison would be suspended i think. He laid a punch in the first seconds of the match that seemed to connect.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
spert
Saintsational Legend

Well someone needs to go from the forward line as they are basically all out of form in that half. The only change there would be to bring someone in as a target at CHF -even park McEvoy there. We would also need to bring probably Eddy in there on a HFF too as the combined output from the forward smalls is very poor this season.

shmic_s
Club Player

Two changes IMO. My team for next week.

OUT: King (inj), Dawson (omit)
IN: Armo, McEvoy

B: Baker Blake Gwilt
HB: Gilbert Fisher Gram
C: Ray CJ Goddard
HF: Raph McEvoy Schneider
F: Milne Kosi Steven
Foll: Gardiner Hayes Dal
Int: Armo Joey Geary

Emg: Peake Heyne Stanley

Dawson unlucky but really needs to find 2009's form.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Almost agree re Dally.

really put on notice after one poor game out of the last 30 good games ?!?!? wow and ppl say RL was harsh on luke ball !!!!

Dal was heavily tagged and didnt get any support from anyone ... our whold midfeild failed on monday RL wont need to read out the riot act the boys will know all too well where they let the team down on monday and they will give their all to rectify it on sunday ..

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/