Raph Must Be Dropped!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
jonesy wrote:Many on here think he's a superstar
Who?
agree, don't expect him to be a superstar but judge him as a GOP who can create opportunities.

All teams need GOP's but to keep blaming results on the GOP is missing the forrest from the tree's.....

thanks for the stats matrix. All I want from raph is to lower the mistakes, tackle hard, run hard to position and do his job. IMO he was FAR from the worst last night.

waggasaint, the service was terrible going forward till the heat came off in the final 10 minutes. I still back raph to develop, yes develop, into a decient half forward option.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SaintTom
Club Player

Raph doesn't deserve to be dropped yet. I think he's actually been better this year, he hasn't been casually lumbering out of the back line like he was prone to do last year. I noticed Lenny do worse things than Raph last night, like get caught twice in situations that he would never usually, but I'd hardly say he should be dropped.

I do think Dawson needs a spell, he needs to get confidence up against some VFL forwards. Spend more time with his eye on the ball in a team where he doesn't have to be as worried about the forwards because they're not as dangerous. The problem is, who can we pull for his position? He's not great, but holes appear in our back line even when he moves to FF. Don't have an answer to this one, but I think they need to somehow orchestrate a week or two at Sandy for him.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

no one can deny that R Clarke has not been good for quite a while. He ALWAYS gets exposed. I reckon he's more beneficial to the opposition than St.Kilda

Another opportunity awaits!
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I cant wait for young Nicholas Winmar to stay playing Senior footy. The anti-Raph-ites will be stuck then., they will have two to rave about.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I cant wait for young Nicholas Winmar to stay playing Senior footy. The anti-Raph-ites will be stuck then., they will have two to rave about.
2 What? People. Saints players. Males.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

You have to look at the yeard stick of the competition and that is Geelong would Raph Clarke (and others such as Gwilt, Dawson and Blake) get a game at Geelong?

Needless to say Raph has not been fantastic this season but he keeps getting a game (again among others ect) obiously the selectors want him to keep playing for some reason so we have to accept that

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Plugger66, you really cant work it out? You cant? Come on, have a try.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Plugger66, you really cant work it out? You cant? Come on, have a try.
No I am struggling.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:no one can deny that R Clarke has not been good for quite a while.
Well of course they can!

Just a look through the various Raph threads over the years proves conclusively that you can't prove conclusively anything about Raph.

You say he's no good - I say he is good. Many will support you - many will support me. So it's a bit arrogant to state "no one can deny" when talking about something that is purely opinion based.

Facts are facts but opinions are just opinions and nothing else.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Another hint Plugger, how many of the anti-Raph-ites would have been in sympathy with the Collingwood crowd the day Nicky lifted his jumper?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Another hint Plugger, how many of the anti-Raph-ites would have been in sympathy with the Collingwood crowd the day Nicky lifted his jumper?
None i would think.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:no one can deny that R Clarke has not been good for quite a while. He ALWAYS gets exposed. I reckon he's more beneficial to the opposition than St.Kilda
please don't bother to wok with facts, just say the company line :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Hurricane wrote:You have to look at the yeard stick of the competition and that is Geelong would Raph Clarke (and others such as Gwilt, Dawson and Blake) get a game at Geelong?

Needless to say Raph has not been fantastic this season but he keeps getting a game (again among others ect) obiously the selectors want him to keep playing for some reason so we have to accept that

BANG BANG
On the same token, how many teams would Tom Hawkins get a game with?

Pointless argument. We have had many players whom have not been fantastic this year. The constant pointing to Raph as the scapegoat is ridiculous.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
kos
Club Player

SaintTom wrote:Raph doesn't deserve to be dropped yet. I think he's actually been better this year, he hasn't been casually lumbering out of the back line like he was prone to do last year. I noticed Lenny do worse things than Raph last night, like get caught twice in situations that he would never usually, but I'd hardly say he should be dropped.

I do think Dawson needs a spell, he needs to get confidence up against some VFL forwards. Spend more time with his eye on the ball in a team where he doesn't have to be as worried about the forwards because they're not as dangerous. The problem is, who can we pull for his position? He's not great, but holes appear in our back line even when he moves to FF. Don't have an answer to this one, but I think they need to somehow orchestrate a week or two at Sandy for him.

buddy your a fool if it wasnt for lenny we would have lost by 20 goals.
its an insult to even mention lenny in the same breath as raph.

for f##k sake are people blind raph is poor his effort is pathetic for someone who is paid to be a professional.
his marking contest against eddie the dwarf was one of many examples.
i just dont get why people get so defensive when raph is critisised, and then call for dals head after one bad game.

kos
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
borderbarry wrote:I cant wait for young Nicholas Winmar to stay playing Senior footy. The anti-Raph-ites will be stuck then., they will have two to rave about.
2 What? People. Saints players. Males.

no ones racist here mate, we are just anti s##t footballers.
would have loved to see lovett doing what betts and co do to the opposition.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

kos wrote: buddy your a fool
you're

ironic hey?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kos
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
you're

ironic hey?

sorry mate writing aint a strong point im more of a maths person.
ill send my posts to my editor before submitting them.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

kos wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
you're

ironic hey?

sorry mate writing aint a strong point im more of a maths person.
ill send my posts to my editor before submitting them.
all good :wink: :wink:

Just keeping lighthearted.

If every spelling mistake I made was highlighted there would be ten posts for every one of mine :oops:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Raph will never be a superstar nobody could think he would be rationally. But he puts in, many here see only he errors and other see only his good efforts. For mine his improvement has alot to do with confidence and the bagging in all forms of media, and forums (even Facebook where many tools spend their lives) from some won't stop until he leaves the club.

I see he makes errors but then has anyone looked at the kicking of many of our players? One of note that is appauling at kicking the ball lately has been Gilbert. Raph is very much in the same boat that Jason Blake was in for much of his early career with the club he was the scapegoat but his persistance and work rate to improve himself finally clicked and he has become a pillar in our backline. If given the same time Raph could be better as he has more natural ability than Blake ever had.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
SaintTom
Club Player

kos wrote:
SaintTom wrote:Raph doesn't deserve to be dropped yet. I think he's actually been better this year, he hasn't been casually lumbering out of the back line like he was prone to do last year. I noticed Lenny do worse things than Raph last night, like get caught twice in situations that he would never usually, but I'd hardly say he should be dropped.

for f##k sake are people blind raph is poor his effort is pathetic for someone who is paid to be a professional.
i just dont get why people get so defensive when raph is critisised, and then call for dals head after one bad game.
Buddy you're a fool if you think that Lenny can't make a mistake. Lenny was fantastic last night, no doubt about it, I love the guy and have his number on my guernsey. I'm simply saying he made uncharacteristic mistakes, at least two I noticed. The point I was making was that anyone can make mistakes, it depends on which player it is as to whether we decide to notice them or not. Thank you for proving that point.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

When Raph decides he is going to attack a markin contest, he has to ATTACK it!!!

Cringeworthy a number of times when attempting the marking contest last night. Junior footy stuff.

Look, he does some good things, he also makes critical turnovers consistantly.

I have a foot in both camps myself. I wouldnt bat an eyelid if he was dropped and would probably think it was the right move. On the other hand, while he is out there Ill support him and be gunning for him every time.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

This guy isnt good enough or deserve all these threads. He is an average player. Lets start threads every week on average players. I know we want him to be better because he was pick 8 but that is our problem not his. If he gets dropped or stays he isnt changing our future.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:This guy isnt good enough or deserve all these threads. He is an average player. Lets start threads every week on average players. I know we want him to be better because he was pick 8 but that is our problem not his. If he gets dropped or stays he isnt changing our future.
Well said. All the post in the world aren;t going to make him better or get him dropped. so why not talk about something that matters like how can we re structure a forwardline to work better or is the problem in our midfield and the delivery forward?

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
kos
Club Player

SaintTom wrote:
kos wrote:

Buddy you're a fool if you think that Lenny can't make a mistake. Lenny was fantastic last night, no doubt about it, I love the guy and have his number on my guernsey. I'm simply saying he made uncharacteristic mistakes, at least two I noticed. The point I was making was that anyone can make mistakes, it depends on which player it is as to whether we decide to notice them or not. Thank you for proving that point.

i applogise for my ordinary remark to you.

The point im trying to bring forward is that lennny might make a mistake and no one is immune to them. but for gods sake raph game is basically riddled with them.
lenny made mistakes last night as did many others but you could nearly put your life on it that he was either under pressure or giving his all when making them.
raph case is different he makes them regardless of the pressure he consistantly turns it over and what pisses me off the most is his effort towards the contest.

SaintTom
Club Player

kos wrote: The point im trying to bring forward is that lennny might make a mistake and no one is immune to them. but for gods sake raph game is basically riddled with them.
lenny made mistakes last night as did many others but you could nearly put your life on it that he was either under pressure or giving his all when making them.
raph case is different he makes them regardless of the pressure he consistantly turns it over and what pisses me off the most is his effort towards the contest.
Yeah fair enough too. I do notice that Raph makes a lot of mistakes, and I wouldn't take issue with him being dropped, however I do feel like he is making less mistakes than he was last year. True about Lenny being under pressure too...he just normally has that Banger-esque ability to just find space where there is none, was a shock to see him get caught out.