Cheersquad emptying out half way though the last quarter???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:Even worse... I saw a Saints supporter chatting and laughing with a scum supporter (possibly his wife) after the game! :evil: :evil: :twisted:
I actually had a convo with a Carlton supporter after the game who had been having a heated "discussion" with some Saints fans. Just said to him that the Blues were far too good, and that they thoroughly deserved to win it.

On his part he thank me for understanding that his goading of Saints fans was just part of it.

Was a good bloke and we both understand that it is only football after all.

Next time the shoe may be on the other foot.

Its a bit like leaving a game. It isn't life or death you know. It doesn't really matter if you leave or not.

Really it is NOT the end of the world. Just be thankful we can all watch football together, and then after the match, win or lose, both groups of supporters can mingle together and go home without the fear of having the s.hit kicked out of you because you had the wrong colours on.
Absolutely... but I think if anyone is in danger of ruining that, it's the filth.
* glass *

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

This thread has gone from the Cheer Squad leaving early, to our supporters leaving early.

There is no problem IMO in supporters leaving early. There may a plethora of reasons why they need to, and not always because of the state of the game at the time.

As for the Cheer Squad, that is a different matter. If you commit to the Squad, you commit for thick and for thin. And you stay, no matter what.

If you have a legitimate reason to leave early, don't sit in the cheer squad area.

How disappointing it must be for the players to see the most fanatical of our supporters deserting them halfway through the game, like rats abandoning the sinking ship.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:Even worse... I saw a Saints supporter chatting and laughing with a scum supporter (possibly his wife) after the game! :evil: :evil: :twisted:
I actually had a convo with a Carlton supporter after the game who had been having a heated "discussion" with some Saints fans. Just said to him that the Blues were far too good, and that they thoroughly deserved to win it.

On his part he thank me for understanding that his goading of Saints fans was just part of it.

Was a good bloke and we both understand that it is only football after all.

Next time the shoe may be on the other foot.

Its a bit like leaving a game. It isn't life or death you know. It doesn't really matter if you leave or not.

Really it is NOT the end of the world. Just be thankful we can all watch football together, and then after the match, win or lose, both groups of supporters can mingle together and go home without the fear of having the s.hit kicked out of you because you had the wrong colours on.
Quite right...we had a very civil conversation with a couple of Blues fans on the train home. Knew their footy and praised Lenny no end, whilst happily admitting they knew things were going well for them when Jordan Russell is allowed to get close on 30 touches. We likewise admitted that theri midfield is probably as good as any in the comp right now.

Quite different were the group of bogans sitting 2 rows behind me. Chief Bogan was a Pies fan (who wears their Magpies membership card/lanyard to a Saints/Carlton game?) who ingratiated himself to the bunch of MWers waiting outside Gate 5 pregame. Flagged himself as an idiot by giving a ES staff member a spray for being the one to tell us that the website gate opening time was wrong then, after listening to us telling him for 40mins about our supporter group (*hint*go away*hint*) followed us up to the MW and plonked himself in a prime spot and saved 3 seats for his "harmless mates who wont be any trouble"
"Harmless mates" turned out to be loudmouth bogan Carlton fans who were total d!ickheads from the opening bounce. Sledged us, St Kilda and their own team relentlessly. I openly admit I lost my cool with them and gave Magpie bogan a bit of a spray (he was a fullon Carlton fan now amazingly lol) whish resulted in a few heated words,.,but afterwards they did calm down..except for bellowing their disaproval anytime a Blues player kicked it backwards. Such students of the game lol

So..there are Blues fans and Blues fans...and I guess that goes for Saints fans as well

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i think it is fair to say the cheer squad does more work for the club in 1 week than the rest of you have done in your life.
if you think you can do a better job, get off your arse, join, and do it.
your all talk but no action.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:i think it is fair to say the cheer squad does more work for the club in 1 week than the rest of you have done in your life.
The reason I am not a member of the cheer squad is because I would not be able to provide the commitment that would be required. Unlike you, I think a half-arsed commitment is unacceptable.

Membership of the Squad is not compulsory as I understand, so if you have members who are not dedicated, flick them off.

Cheer squad contribution to the game is grossly overestimated in my opinion anyway.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
saintdooley wrote:i think it is fair to say the cheer squad does more work for the club in 1 week than the rest of you have done in your life.
The reason I am not a member of the cheer squad is because I would not be able to provide the commitment that would be required. Unlike you, I think a half-arsed commitment is unacceptable.

Membership of the Squad is not compulsory as I understand, so if you have members who are not dedicated, flick them off.

Cheer squad contribution to the game is grossly overestimated in my opinion anyway.
I dont join because they are far too soft. Other CS have retained something of a hard edge to varying degrees, ours is like a toothless tiger at a kindergarten picnic.

Is it possible to praise them at the same time for their hard work at the same time as potting them? I hope so, because I think thats very commendable. But, they are also soft as butter with embarassing chanting.

Im Not surprised in the slightest they took off early.
Last edited by iwantmeseats on Tue 11 May 2010 6:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

You may wish to be specific with who you are directing your spray to.

I am quite sure I have done a fair bit for the club of St Kilda in my lifetime.....

:roll:

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:

Then like anyone else they can leave early. How many were kids? i would think a lot and they may have planned to stay but you are 10 goals down they can leave like anyone else. if you think that effects the players what happened in the first 3 quarters. players wouldnt give a stuff to be totally honest.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Then like anyone else they can leave early. How many were kids? i would think a lot and they may have planned to stay but you are 10 goals down they can leave like anyone else. if you think that effects the players what happened in the first 3 quarters. players wouldnt give a stuff to be totally honest.
Flibber-Flabber Plugger.

You're either committed or not.

The Cheer Squad should be.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Flibber-Flabber Plugger.

Flibber Flabber? i still dont see why committment means you always have to stay to the end.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

Flibber-Flabber Plugger.

we are committed. but also have a home to get to, and family, and work/school the next day.
last night about 40 % of the cheer squad were over the age of 65, and 50% that are still students at school/uni. that is how it is pretty much every week actually.
the older members want to get out early to miss the crowd and traffic after the game, and the younger ones either leave with class the next day, or are dragged away by their parents.
i dont see the problem with that. and if anyone thinks that because we are cheer squad members we have to put the club before our family, or school...well you have something going on inside that head of yours.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Dools, I have said a fair bit about this today, I am not having a crack at you personally and I hope you know I respect the work you guys do.

I just can't see how 15 minutes makes much difference. I still say if we were wnning or if the game was close people wouldn't leave.

But sorry, it just looks worse when the cheer squad leave.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Dools, I have said a fair bit about this today, I am not having a crack at you personally and I hope you know I respect the work you guys do.

I just can't see how 15 minutes makes much difference. I still say if we were wnning or if the game was close people wouldn't leave.

15 minutes means 45 minutes so it can make a big difference. And we werent winning so what has staying if you are winning got to do with it. I can honestly say not one player would know or care if people including the cheer squad leave and who cares what the opposition think.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Dools, I have said a fair bit about this today, I am not having a crack at you personally and I hope you know I respect the work you guys do.

Bev. if we were winning or with in 3 goals of course people would stay! but we were not. we were playing the worst football we have for a very long time.
leaving at the 20 min mark of the 4th quarter, rather than the 31min mark when the siren goes, means leaving 11 mins early yes, but as you live in QLD you dont know the pain we go through trying to get home after a game here. it means your children dont get lost on the bridge, or they dont get crushed and bumped into, it means you gont get pushed around at southern cross station and nearly pushed onto the tracks, if you drive in it means not waiting in the carpark for up to 40 mins to get out then not having to be stuck in traffic nowhere near home that the cops have detoured you to (they dont start doing the detours until it gets too busy)
it is a big difference, for a game like that, if you left at 9.55pm when the game finished at 10.05pm, for me that could mean being home by 10.35 and not 11.15.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:

Bev. if we were winning or with in 3 goals of course people would stay! but we were not. we were playing the worst football we have for a very long time.
leaving at the 20 min mark of the 4th quarter, rather than the 31min mark when the siren goes, means leaving 11 mins early yes, but as you live in QLD you dont know the pain we go through trying to get home after a game here. it means your children dont get lost on the bridge, or they dont get crushed and bumped into, it means you gont get pushed around at southern cross station and nearly pushed onto the tracks, if you drive in it means not waiting in the carpark for up to 40 mins to get out then not having to be stuck in traffic nowhere near home that the cops have detoured you to (they dont start doing the detours until it gets too busy)
it is a big difference, for a game like that, if you left at 9.55pm when the game finished at 10.05pm, for me that could mean being home by 10.35 and not 11.15.
Why can I hear violins?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Very suprised that this thread is still going.

I am even more suprised that some are goading our CS members and want them to leave the CS because they left a game early :roll:

I am sure the same loyal Saints supporters would be embarrassed when these people who give up a lot of their free time to voluntarily work for the club all decide to leave and we are the only club without a run through at the beginning of a game and no CS behind a goal.

Will these people who are so rabid in their critisism over something so trivial take over the reigns?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Very suprised that this thread is still going.

I am even more suprised that some are goading our CS members and want them to leave the CS because they left a game early :roll:

I am sure the same loyal Saints supporters would be embarrassed when these people who give up a lot of their free time to voluntarily work for the club all decide to leave and we are the only club without a run through at the beginning of a game and no CS behind a goal.

Will these people who are so rabid in their critisism over something so trivial take over the reigns?
Are they voluntarily working for the club? Or just there for their own enjoyment?

Does the presence of the CS and a run-through make a difference to whether we win or lose a game?

I've never heard a player say "We won it today for the cheersquad", or "I was really inspired by the bad poetry on the Banner today".

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote: Are they voluntarily working for the club? Or just there for their own enjoyment?
Dont know GO, I haven't the time or inclination to find out. Maybe you can, after all you do seem a bit het up over the whole issue.

Will be interesting what you find out.

Cheers

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saintsfan
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:

You make no sense. You talk about love of the football club yet you are perfectly able and keen to make and raise the banner yet not stand by the club as the official supporters during a drubbing.

That is not love. That is supporting and taking the kudos when kudos are available and enjoying it.

You are the official supporters so stand by your club and stand by your 'love'.

You cannot have it both ways by saying you do so much for the football club, yet also saying that you 'have a life' and HAVE to leave early during a 10 goal loss when you would have happilly stayed on at the conclusion and after the game if we had won, regardless of the result.

This kind of behaviour has gone on from the Cheersquad for a long, long time. The normal response on here is that we should get off our asses and doing something. This is a little bit difficult when the C.S itself is very insulated and difficult to either become an active member of or bring new ideas to the group. This is the mantra and opinion of many who have tried and given up.

If time is so important to you Dools, why bother doing anything for the cheersquad as obviously 10 minutes before the conclusion of a drubbing affects your timetable so much?

The Saintsfan Cometh
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Very suprised that this thread is still going.

Are they voluntarily working for the club? Or just there for their own enjoyment?

Does the presence of the CS and a run-through make a difference to whether we win or lose a game?

I've never heard a player say "We won it today for the cheersquad", or "I was really inspired by the bad poetry on the Banner today".
If that is the case, why the big deal if they left early?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
This kind of behaviour has gone on from the Cheersquad for a long, long time. The normal response on here is that we should get off our asses and doing something. This is a little bit difficult when the C.S itself is very insulated and difficult to either become an active member of or bring new ideas to the group. This is the mantra and opinion of many who have tried and given up.
And you know this how?

Saintsfan
Club Player

saintdooley wrote:

If time is such a problem then why not leave early during all games?

and 'pain'...come on sunshine...oh no you wouldn't want to be bumped into on a train station...

The Saintsfan Cometh
Saintsfan
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:Saintsfan wrote:
And you know this how?
I somehow know people that have attempted to join recently and a few years ago and become hands on members.

Somehow

The Saintsfan Cometh
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

If time is such a problem then why not leave early during all games?

and 'pain'...come on sunshine...oh no you wouldn't want to be bumped into on a train station...
Okay, just how long is this badgering and bullying going to last?

The kid is a member of the cheer squad. He didn't leave early, but he is defending his and other right to choose to leave.

Your badgering Saintsfan 'sunshine' is belittling and bullying.

Time you stopped.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Saintsfan wrote:
And you know this how?
I somehow know people that have attempted to join recently and a few years ago and become hands on members.

Somehow
Tosh