Cheersquad emptying out half way though the last quarter???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

im about to leave early form the forum
i apologise up front right now

but i have to go to work

i know, i know...i shouldnt just run off and leave
but ill get in trouble and get told off by my department manager

decisions have to made
:(

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

I've noticed when the Filth lose the much maligned Joffa stays till the bitter end.

He obviously doesn't enjoy it.... but he stays.

Too many fair weather supporters IMO.

If you are going to make the commitment to the cheer squad, you stay.

If you feel like leaving early, sit in the general area away from the squad.

What encouragement is it to the players when they see the cheersquad trooping out?

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
mordi
Club Player

during the bad days ( 80s) , never left early, thought it was some test of my convictions or something......

now , play it by ear. last night left 10 min mark of last qtr, daughter doing VCE etc etc .

the cheer squad dudes do their thing and are super loyal, get off their case.

feel free to drop manure on me now.........but people lets focus on real issues (IMHO)
Last edited by mordi on Tue 11 May 2010 11:06am, edited 1 time in total.

What's the Point of it All?
na exa
Club Player

Maybe to satisfy some people here, the cheersquad should be locked in and not allowed to leave by security guards until the siren goes.
how about , locking in with those cheers squad members anyone with a reliance on the word 'sunshine' , allowing the angst of a loss to be expressed until the final siren ... then we'll all be happy and stressless.

win/win

:lol:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

How many people here travel like the cheer squad to all the interstate games? Not many I bet.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Normally Im very anti leaving early..but I think people have to be cut some slack on a Monday night, especially those with kids etc.

However, NOT excused are the "Oh why should I stay when the players arent trying" brigade...Im afraid they will always have my eternal derision

You want to dish out all the goodbye-waving and all the mocking when we win? ..well..maybe it might do a few people some good to see how it feels to be on the recieving end just once in a while.

The main trouble is that you cant tell between the two groups but if i'd heard anyone annouce they were leaving cos the players werent trying..well they'd feel the sharp end of my tongue..and i was just in the mood for it last night too lol..Id warmed up on a feral Pies fan

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:
saintdooley wrote:nobody in the front left early

it may sound weird, but our cheer squad members do not wait in line at centreline all week for their pay, then run off and get their shots to keep them going for the week.
we have a life. :shock:
most have work tomorrow, if not school.

if people cant come to an understanding, that some have to leave as its a Monday night, then i really just give up.

who cares anyway? we were 11 goals down? playing like dog sh1t all night. go home, have a good sleep and start fresh tomorrow.

but yes, I’m behalf of the cheer squad i am just so sorry we are educated and have a life outside the club.
Well if you are going to leave early then why become part of the cheersquad? Others that go to matches have lives too...low and behold are educated too...wow....

If it is on a Monday night so what? If it is that much of an issue why attend sunshine?
because we love our club, but at the same time need to get home as its a weekday tomorrow. whats the point of staying then its obvious there is no chance of victory, and you have work/school tomorrow, and you are a full paid member + CS member...you have every right no leave whenever you want to
Exactly. All this chest-thumping form those who say they stayed is hilarious. What do you want, a medal, because you stayed till the end of a footy game? Wow, you're all really something. I wish I was that guy!

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Saintsfan
Club Player

na exa wrote:
Maybe to satisfy some people here, the cheersquad should be locked in and not allowed to leave by security guards until the siren goes.
how about , locking in with those cheers squad members anyone with a reliance on the word 'sunshine' , allowing the angst of a loss to be expressed until the final siren ... then we'll all be happy and stressless.

win/win

:lol:
Chortle sunshine.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Sorry, I can't accept any excuses for leaving early.

The truth is, if we had of been 10 in front no one would have left early because of work/school the next day. So its just a lame excuse.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Sorry, I can't accept any excuses for leaving early.

The truth is, if we had of been 10 in front no one would have left early because of work/school the next day. So its just a lame excuse.
But we werent 10 in front. We were 10 behind. They have as much right to stay or go as anyone else and this is coming from someone who cant stand any of the cheer squads.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

But we werent 10 in front. We were 10 behind. They have as much right to stay or go as anyone else and this is coming from someone who cant stand any of the cheer squads.
Agreed.

However i would prefer if people stuck it out.

As Saints66au said, everyone is happy to send off opposition supporters, but get the s.hits at opposition supporters who do it to them when they slink off.

Carlton flogged us last night. It wasn't that we played bad football only, we just were flogged by a more determined but drilled, faster, and more accomplished team.

Talking about our team not trying is BS. They tried, but simply weren't good enough.

if you cant be a gracious winner, at least try to be gracious in defeat and credit where credit is due.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Totally agree Joffaboy, can't be bagging out other sides for doing this, then we do it. I still say leaving early is just and excuse, but we are all different.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Agreed.

However i would prefer if people stuck it out.

As Saints66au said, everyone is happy to send off opposition supporters, but get the s.hits at opposition supporters who do it to them when they slink off.

Carlton flogged us last night. It wasn't that we played bad football only, we just were flogged by a more determined but drilled, faster, and more accomplished team.

Talking about our team not trying is BS. They tried, but simply weren't good enough.

if you cant be a gracious winner, at least try to be gracious in defeat and credit where credit is due.
Totally agree if you give it to others when they leave it would be hypocritical if you left early. On the other hand i have never given it to anyone leaving early but then again I never leave early either but we are all different. Look at me.

saintlee
Club Player

I left 10 mins into the final quarter. It was a monday night and I have work the next day....those who claim superiority for staying to the end of a one-sided match are kidding themselves....
Last edited by saintlee on Tue 11 May 2010 3:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

So many of the people in the cheersquad are kids... I mean, kids. If I had a kid who was say 7 years old, I would think about whether they could stay up long enough to go to the game, think about what the weather was like, and maybe leave early if it suited my child. Footy is just footy - and family comes first, always. That would be my priorities, if I had kids.

I would also like to say that I've met Dooley, and he is a top bloke. Kind, caring, friendly, incredibly loyal - a real asset to the cheersquad and a wonderful friend to everyone who knows him. No need for cheap shots at him - it's totally uncalled for and undeserved. A lovely, lovely young man.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Is this seriously what occupies your thought processes? Third thread on people in the crowd leaving? Seriously?

I have never left any game early. Never. Even if I am there as a neutral supporter like last Friday night. I nearly fell asleep before half time yet Melbourne came back and it was a great game at the end. So I was rewarded.

I never leave.

But whilst this country remains free, then those who choose to leave, can bloody well do so if they choose.

Just as everyone else is entitled to have an opinion on it. Just as I am entitled to have an opinion on that opinion.

And my opinion is .....build a fricken bridge! Surely there are more important things in life?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:So many of the people in the cheersquad are kids... I mean, kids. If I had a kid who was say 7 years old, I would think about whether they could stay up long enough to go to the game, think about what the weather was like, and maybe leave early if it suited my child. Footy is just footy - and family comes first, always. That would be my priorities, if I had kids.

I would also like to say that I've met Dooley, and he is a top bloke. Kind, caring, friendly, incredibly loyal - a real asset to the cheersquad and a wonderful friend to everyone who knows him. No need for cheap shots at him - it's totally uncalled for and undeserved. A lovely, lovely young man.
Look at where the cheap shots are coming from.....same posters and the same old story. Total lack of class again, sunshine.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Is this seriously what occupies your thought processes? Third thread on people in the crowd leaving? Seriously?

I have never left any game early. Never. Even if I am there as a neutral supporter like last Friday night. I nearly fell asleep before half time yet Melbourne came back and it was a great game at the end. So I was rewarded.

I never leave.

But whilst this country remains free, then those who choose to leave, can bloody well do so if they choose.

Just as everyone else is entitled to have an opinion on it. Just as I am entitled to have an opinion on that opinion.

And my opinion is .....build a fricken bridge! Surely there are more important things in life?
Have you ever left a Dirty Harry movie early?

markp
Saintsational Legend

Even worse... I saw a Saints supporter chatting and laughing with a scum supporter (possibly his wife) after the game! :evil: :evil: :twisted:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

I left the match thread early.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Is this seriously what occupies your thought processes? Third thread on people in the crowd leaving? Seriously?

I never leave.

Have you ever left a Dirty Harry movie early?
Never. That would be sacrilege!! :evil:

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Normally Im very anti leaving early..but I think people have to be cut some slack on a Monday night, especially those with kids etc.

However, NOT excused are the "Oh why should I stay when the players arent trying" brigade...Im afraid they will always have my eternal derision

You want to dish out all the goodbye-waving and all the mocking when we win? ..well..maybe it might do a few people some good to see how it feels to be on the recieving end just once in a while.

The main trouble is that you cant tell between the two groups but if i'd heard anyone annouce they were leaving cos the players werent trying..well they'd feel the sharp end of my tongue..and i was just in the mood for it last night too lol..Id warmed up on a feral Pies fan
Even St.Kilda were winning then they wouldn't have left, so there's no argument.

Another opportunity awaits!
na exa
Club Player

Total lack of class again, sunshine.
:roll: jethro couldn't spell the word.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Even worse... I saw a Saints supporter chatting and laughing with a scum supporter (possibly his wife) after the game! :evil: :evil: :twisted:
I actually had a convo with a Carlton supporter after the game who had been having a heated "discussion" with some Saints fans. Just said to him that the Blues were far too good, and that they thoroughly deserved to win it.

On his part he thank me for understanding that his goading of Saints fans was just part of it.

Was a good bloke and we both understand that it is only football after all.

Next time the shoe may be on the other foot.

Its a bit like leaving a game. It isn't life or death you know. It doesn't really matter if you leave or not.

Really it is NOT the end of the world. Just be thankful we can all watch football together, and then after the match, win or lose, both groups of supporters can mingle together and go home without the fear of having the s.hit kicked out of you because you had the wrong colours on.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:Even worse... I saw a Saints supporter chatting and laughing with a scum supporter (possibly his wife) after the game! :evil: :evil: :twisted:
I actually had a convo with a Carlton supporter after the game who had been having a heated "discussion" with some Saints fans. Just said to him that the Blues were far too good, and that they thoroughly deserved to win it.

On his part he thank me for understanding that his goading of Saints fans was just part of it.

Was a good bloke and we both understand that it is only football after all.

Next time the shoe may be on the other foot.

Its a bit like leaving a game. It isn't life or death you know. It doesn't really matter if you leave or not.

Really it is NOT the end of the world. Just be thankful we can all watch football together, and then after the match, win or lose, both groups of supporters can mingle together and go home without the fear of having the s.hit kicked out of you because you had the wrong colours on.
Absolutely... but I think if anyone is in danger of ruining that, it's the filth.