article

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

goods
Club Player

article

MELBOURNE is set to launch an all-out attack on the Western Bulldogs when the sides meet at the MCG on Friday night.

A week after St Kilda brought the slick Dogs undone with an ultra-defensive game plan, Demons forward Brad Green said his team would not follow the same path.

"I think tomorrow night is going to be a fast game. You've got two sides who are going to come out and play quick, attacking footy ... it's going to be exciting," Green said from Junction Oval on Thursday.

"We're certainly on the rise as a side, with the confidence and belief that we can go out there and play and be exciting.

"That's what we're about. We want to play exciting footy and [coach Dean Bailey] wants us to take the game on. Hopefully we can get people to want to come and watch us play footy."

So their priority is to entertian and not to win...??

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's an interesting point you make.

I heard the Adelaide CEO (?) talking on radio a couple of weeks ago, and he said Neil Craig understands he has an obligation to make the game entertaining as well as winning :shock:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Bums on seats...entertainment. I don't see why they shouldn't release some carnivourus animals on the ground too.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

SainterK wrote:It's an interesting point you make.

I heard the Adelaide CEO (?) talking on radio a couple of weeks ago, and he said Neil Craig understands he has an obligation to make the game entertaining as well as winning :shock:
In that case Mr Craig should seek a new form of employment - an AFL coach has 2 obligations only - develop the team and win games.

Entertainment is what TV stations are supposed to try and provide.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:Entertainment is what TV stations are supposed to try and provide.
Epic fail...I'd rather watch a replay of last weeks game then 90% of free to air TV tonight.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Dees are in the business of getting games into their younger players without the worry of being a serious flag contender.

So they can play as they please this year.

Next year may see them wanting to aquire to the ability to play finals football.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
goods
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Dees are in the business of getting games into their younger players without the worry of being a serious flag contender.

Next year may see them wanting to aquire to the ability to play finals football.
It just seemed like a bit of a swipe at stkilda...

degruch
Saintsational Legend

goods wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Dees are in the business of getting games into their younger players without the worry of being a serious flag contender.

Add it to all the others this week. They can swipe until their arms drop off, they won't get 10 goals against us.

goods
Club Player

degruch wrote:
goods wrote:

Add it to all the others this week. They can swipe until their arms drop off, they won't get 10 goals against us.
Well I have my pop corn and valium ready for tonights game of thriller excitement! Im shaking with anticipation

degruch
Saintsational Legend

goods wrote:
degruch wrote:
goods wrote:

Well I have my pop corn and valium ready for tonights game of thriller excitement! Im shaking with anticipation
Should be 'good attacking footy', Doggies by 100+. Thrilling.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

A great quote from Tom Harley

"Attack is for memberships, defence is for premierships"

Said at the height of the furore surrounding the Saints ve Bulldogs game last week.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
santazzi
Club Player

Re: article

goods wrote:MELBOURNE is set to launch an all-out attack on the Western Bulldogs when the sides meet at the MCG on Friday night.

A week after St Kilda brought the slick Dogs undone with an ultra-defensive game plan, Demons forward Brad Green said his team would not follow the same path.

"I think tomorrow night is going to be a fast game. You've got two sides who are going to come out and play quick, attacking footy ... it's going to be exciting," Green said from Junction Oval on Thursday.

"We're certainly on the rise as a side, with the confidence and belief that we can go out there and play and be exciting.

"That's what we're about. We want to play exciting footy and [coach Dean Bailey] wants us to take the game on. Hopefully we can get people to want to come and watch us play footy."

So their priority is to entertian and not to win...??
So they are now the Halem Globe Trotters of Footy.........Good luck to them!!!!!

PS...I have now watched last Fridays game twice.......I find it exciting......It was a footy's version of an engrossing test match which goes to the wire........for those yearning to the footy's equivalent of pyjama cricket come out in the preseason...........

goods
Club Player

degruch wrote:
goods wrote:
degruch wrote:
goods wrote:

Brad Green may regret his support for 'attacking footy' when the doggies are allowed to employ the same tactic which just happens to be their strength..

goods
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:A great quote from Tom Harley

Said at the height of the furore surrounding the Saints ve Bulldogs game last week.
great quote!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

goods wrote:
degruch wrote:
goods wrote:
degruch wrote:
goods wrote:

Brad Green may regret his support for 'attacking footy' when the doggies are allowed to employ the same tactic which just happens to be their strength..
My thoughts exactly. I am also regretting not trading for Lindsay Gilbee in my Dream Team this week, I think he'll get 200 points tonight. Fingers crossed BBBBBBBHBHHBHHBHBHB kicks 10 goals.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Yes, heard him say that...brilliant.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:

Yes, heard him say that...brilliant.
Like many on here I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the GF and doubt I ever will. :cry:

However I have no doubt it was a highly entertaining game for those who didn't barrack for either team. Close game between the top two teams etc etc. It was probably one of the best GFs in years.

But was it entertaining to us? Of course not!

To the serious supporter winning is absolutely everything and how we go about it - well I couldn't give a ..........

degruch
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
goods wrote:
degruch wrote:
goods wrote:
degruch wrote:
goods wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I am also regretting not trading for Lindsay Gilbee in my Dream Team this week, I think he'll get 200 points tonight. Fingers crossed BBBBBBBHBHHBHHBHBHB kicks 10 goals.
Well, looks like it was all bluff. Another low score for the Doggies...I hope the AFL hold an investigation. :roll: