Monday too far away!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Monday too far away!

Is anyone feeling like me....the game is so far away.

At least after a Friday night game, you get the Friday paper with the tips, the post game ramble, the Sat morning papers, the radio, the Foxtel and Ch10 coverage on Sat.

With a Saturday game, you get the actual game and radio coverage, the Sunday paper and the Sunday footy shows.

On Sunday you get the game and then Monday's paper and the Monday footy shows.

But we have to wait until after work on Monday to get to the game (which I will be doing) or watch on TV. Then if we win, you can't (or maybe you can) keep celebrating late because of work the next day.

At least On the Couch is on the Tuesday!

Anyway I guess the main thing is that we win!

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Too long to wait!!... However I do console myself with the fact that it gives the boys extra time to freshen up and smash the brownbaggers! :)

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Tuesday is normally the slowest news day of the week for the papers. Next Tuesday will be 6-8 pages of our game. Lets hope we make it well past 100 points with a 6-7 goal win. That should have a large number of journos changing their tune !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Tuesday is normally the slowest news day of the week for the papers. Next Tuesday will be 6-8 pages of our game. Lets hope we make it well past 100 points with a 6-7 goal win. That should have a large number of journos changing their tune !!
Like it!

Can't believe Ratten talked about the losing streak today. Most coaches would dis-count that and say the old cliche that they can only control Monday's game.

RL should be rubbing his hands together.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:Too long to wait!!... However I do console myself with the fact that it gives the boys extra time to freshen up and smash the brownbaggers! :)
Yep, agree with that!

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Not with a significant assessment on Tuesday!

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:Not with a significant assessment on Tuesday!
Huh????

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I imagine that there will be quite a few footy hungry Saint supporters going to watch Sandy at the weekend. And even the Seconds, if there is a chance Jesse Smith will be playing.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
Eastern wrote:Tuesday is normally the slowest news day of the week for the papers. Next Tuesday will be 6-8 pages of our game. Lets hope we make it well past 100 points with a 6-7 goal win. That should have a large number of journos changing their tune !!
Like it!

Can't believe Ratten talked about the losing streak today. Most coaches would dis-count that and say the old cliche that they can only control Monday's game.

RL should be rubbing his hands together.

That 6`7 goal win hopfully will include 7 or 8 from Kosi to shut a few ppl in the press up.

I love this club
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Yes it's crap.

I don't get the paper delivered on Tuesday, but am starting work at midday so I'll wander down the street to get a copy to read about the great win.

Monday Night footy is great in America - the NFL games are an institution - dunno though if it will work here.

I certainly loved watching NFL on Monday Night's on TV when in the States for several months many moons ago.....I'd be all for it as a regular thing provided we only play once a year......likewise for Sunday Twilight if we weren't in that slot every second friggin week :twisted:

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Milan Faletic wrote:
Huh????
Just saying that when waiting for an assessment time flies past...

Sainterman
Club Player

I think we should ask for some more 6 day breaks!

Griggsy
SS Life Member

Its just not right to return to work after a weekend without your team playing yet. Horrible horrible horrible. It's good for the team, not so much me.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Its just not right to return to work after a weekend without your team playing yet. Horrible horrible horrible. It's good for the team, not so much me.
I reckon the players will be thrown out a bit too. They will enjoy the break so let's hope they jump out of the blocks on Monday night. At least we will know all the results of the weekend.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Monday too far away!

Milan Faletic wrote:Is anyone feeling like me....the game is so far away.
Nah.

It's only 4 days away :wink:

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Gabba wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Huh????
Just saying that when waiting for an assessment time flies past...
Ok.