Found our Intensity in the last 5 minutes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Found our Intensity in the last 5 minutes

Watching the last 5 minutes again of Friday nights game and it seemed we found our intensity which I think has been lacking somewhat this year

You could actually see us physically step up a gear - tackling, chasing, hunting in packs - it was awesome to watch

Really looking forward to seeing as to whether a switch has been flicked

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Superboot
SS Life Member

Re: Found our Intensity in the last 5 minutes

Devilhead wrote:Watching the last 5 minutes again of Friday nights game and it seemed we found our intensity which I think has been lacking somewhat this year

You could actually see us physically step up a gear - tackling, chasing, hunting in packs - it was awesome to watch

Really looking forward to seeing as to whether a switch has been flicked
Exactly: that's how and why we eventually won the game. It's just fortunate that the game was still within reach.

But how and why they suddenly go from 3rd to 5th gear is a mystery. That's 3 games now they've won with 15 minutes of football.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:But how and why they suddenly go from 3rd to 5th gear is a mystery. That's 3 games now they've won with 15 minutes of football.
I dont think it's a mystery... to me it's all about how and when you choose to spend your petrol tickets.

Superboot
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
Superboot wrote:But how and why they suddenly go from 3rd to 5th gear is a mystery. That's 3 games now they've won with 15 minutes of football.
I dont think it's a mystery... to me it's all about how and when you choose to spend your petrol tickets.
Hope you're right.

Risky strategy, though, if it is a strategy.

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

We missed a few easy shots before those 5 mins these.. About 3 easy ones and Dal's difficult but close shot on the wrong side.

Superboot
SS Life Member

Gabba wrote:We missed a few easy shots before those 5 mins these.. About 3 easy ones and Dal's difficult but close shot on the wrong side.
Indeed. At the time they just seemed to add to the catalogue of stuff-ups, but they ended up being the winning margin.

A female Dogs supporter behind me commented quite early in the quarter that the momentum seemed to be swinging and she wasn't wrong.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

That's probably because the Bulldogs came to a roaring halt, as they apparently have been doing in final quarters this year. I think our guys finally realised that and got on their bikes again.
We wouldn't want to rely on that happening again.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

I assume that you're talking about Bulldogs, Collingwood and Fremantle.
If you are, then I think you're selling all those teams short.

Doggies ran us to within a goal last season in the Prelim. Collingwood always set themselves for big games and Fremantle have gone up quite a few notches since last season.

We have wins over 1st, 2nd and 4th. Two of them without the big blonde fella...and now face a few teams that aren't playing as well.

We have set ourselves up quite well...Now we need to consolidate our position.