Poor old Doggie supporters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Poor old Doggie supporters

Just read this on the Big Footy site for the howling Dogs supporters:

"Our team list is much better than the saints, lions or magpies. Its illogical how we let these B graders beat us."

Well dear old Dogs, that is your problem -you think you are what you aint!

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

This is the difference between the dogs and saints.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

ALOT of bleating going on over there. Pfft, haha suck it up princesses. It is truly pathetic.

"But but but but but but...we are a better team....so ....um...waa waa what happened?"

They are FAR from the better team, and dads army will crash and burn if they cant get up this year.

I hate all opposition teams equally, and I revel in your crying and bleating.

NEXT.

Carlton.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

The Doggies supporters near me were awful. They were personally attacking Saints supporters and complaining about the umpires all night :?

It was so good to finally shut those pathetic low lives up.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

IluvHarvey wrote:The Doggies supporters near me were awful. They were personally attacking Saints supporters and complaining about the umpires all night :?

It was so good to finally shut those pathetic low lives up.
The guy next to me was really getting on my nerves, especially the way he'd clap and cheer our blokes mistakes, as if he's any better. It was priceless to see his reaction when we started kicking those goals in the last 10 mins. He shut up quick smart. He just sat there in shock for about 3mins after the siren.
Classic!

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
roxanne
Club Player

I've never cared one way or the other about Dog's supporters but I now realise they are the greatest whingers in the AFL.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon
saintlee
Club Player

Doggie supporters are no better - but also no worse - than any other team's supporters....I have heard some things from Saints supporters that I dare not repeat. Don't think we're any different.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

They still haven't lost their victim mentality. As long as they retain it they will never achieve anything.

They whinged about losing the PF. On Friday they had 18 frees to 8, Roo wasn't playing, and they had numerous chances to ice the game.

Same as the PF, both Gilbee and Gia stuffed up chances in the last qtr.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Don't be too hard on them, the media have built them up to be better than they are and their supporters have believed it, as we most probably would...

They can't beat us, but get close a lot, and it hurts....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

During the NAB cup GF we sat behind a very rude older gentleman who did his best to rub us the wrong way, however this time we had a friendly conversation with a younger couple who were very pleasant.

It just depends, good and bad supporters at every club.

I was more concerned with the guy (I will not use the term Saints supporter) behind me rubbishing St Kilda players...

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Ppppppppft, seriously, I don't care. I am only concerned about St Kilda. I have been waiting all my life for success and I don't care how we go about it, or who its against. Lets just win the bloody thing.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I was more concerned with the guy (I will not use the term Saints supporter) behind me rubbishing St Kilda players...
I felt like getting out of my seat and slapping pretty well every Saints supporter within earshot at a Port v Saints game over here last year, so bad was the rubbishing of Raph, Zac, Ray, et al during the game. Despite the fact each of 'em played well and we won by over 10 goals! Where do these loser supporters come from?

I agree that we've got some pea-hearts in the ranks, just like every other club...they're the ones most likely to pipe up when the chips are down, so don't judge every club by the actions of these people or you'll be very embarrassed when you sit next to one in red white black next game.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I've heard a few people say we didn't deserve that win, and my reply is I suppose I should feel the same way about last years Grand Final. We had the Cats beaten for 3/4 of footy, yet they kept us at an arms length and won the game from there, does that mean they didn't deserve to win??

At the end of the day, we kept the dogs under control, playing the game we wanted them to play and come the final siren we had performed in the last qtr and we were the ones who walked away with the 4 points. That's history! ;) :D

I've got a Doggies supporter who sits behind me saying it was the "worst game she'd ever seen!"...I said "I actually thought it was pretty good and have watched that last qtr about 10 times on my DVR!!" Believe it or not, every time I watched it, it just got better and better! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by St. Luke on Mon 03 May 2010 5:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I think just like you have fair weather supporters that seem to hide until its time to jump on the bandwagon you also have the bad weather supporters that sit sharpening the knives just waiting for a chance to have a crack at someone.

Every club has some shockers in the supporters ranks.
The only fans I care about are my fellow red,white and blacks that honestly love the club and are there rain, hail or shine.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

They are just pathetic Western Suburbs scum, will always be nothings and their team will go nowhere.

Blah Blah, poor bleeding hearts.

Go have a sook to Bazza!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

At the conclusion of the match on Friday, (in the midst of my wild dancing!) I spotted a Bulldogs fan looking very shattered. I offered the "paw" and said "bad luck mate" and he smiled, shook my hand and said "you guys wanted it more than us" I agree with other posters here, there are bad and good apples in every group of supporters...BUT by gum I'm glad it was us that won!!!!! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Footage at the end of the match of some Doggie female going absolutely bananas with her beanie was priceless. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I have a Bulldogs supporter sitting near me and the opening statement was
"That was the second worst game I have ever seen, the last one was we the Dogs played Carlton in blah blah blah"

My retort? "Well you obviously didn't see last week's Port Adelaide game, now that was dull" and you ahve to wonder if the Dogs won if it wouldn't have been a great tactical win.

Then later on, he's explaining his daughter was asking during the game as to why the forward line was so crowded and his response "That's Saints footy"

My report "So you were winning for 95% of the game, your team was dictating the play, you should have had St Kilda out of the game by half time and you lost the game, as much as we won it."

Up pipes a Melbourne supporter "And they had Barry Hall" and I turned to other person and just said "Er hulloh"

All I could picture was the stunned mullet Dogs supporters sitting on the other side of the ground who expected to win and didn't.

Too bad, so sad-NOT

maz1685
Club Player

I ended up reading that thread on the BigFooty board that the OP was referring to, and there was a couple of comments from different posters that confused me. They were all pretty much saying "It hurts so much cos we are the better team but they still beat us everytime". Is it just me or is that comment just one stupid contradiction?

And yes, I agree with everyone else, every team has a number of stupid supporters who seem to be the only ones that speak up about anything, however I have noticed recently a lot of Geelong hate coming our way.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:Doggie supporters are no better - but also no worse - than any other team's supporters....I have heard some things from Saints supporters that I dare not repeat. Don't think we're any different.

yeah we are......i have never thrown beer over anybody at the footy.......they have .....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

You've obviously never been in the Animal Enclosure.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
ChelseaGuy
Club Player

Went to a game with great friends whose biggest shame in life is to be a Doggie supporter. Yeah they weren't happy, but they lost as I was quick to point out . At the end of the day, footy is a bit like religion; an accident of birth sometimes who we barrack (pray to) for; some of us convert and then there are the heathens that don't know AFL and have to be baptised!

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

A Doggie supporter way behind us was shouting "You're a dirty r%pist, Milne!". He yelled this a few times until finally I turned around and shouted "How do you know that mate...from personal experience?"
He either didn't understand the implication or he was embarrassed so he shut up. Soon after the Saints started scoring to win the game. Gold!

I don't look these people in the eye. Much like the sheep-sh%gger supporters on the old hill at kardinia....mullets and trackie dacks were the order of the day. One game there was a bogan who kept bagging our Aboriginal players and I yelled "Shut up or I'll dack ya!". He didn't actually see who'd said it but did pull his head in a bit after that!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

My whole family are Doggies supporters and are wonderful people.

They have suffered for the love of their team as much if not MORE than us.

We were close but never about to go out of existence like the Dogs in 89, only time I have bought another teams membership as well as a Saints one.

They were distraught whent they lost the PF. But never blamed Riewoldt, just said "Lake was stupid" and talked about kicking themselves out of the game (sound familiar a week later).

The following week they ALL wanted the Saints to win - mainly because many of them live near Geelong but also because i am a Saints fan.

And to anyone who wants to slander the Western Suburbs- go and F%%K yourselves :evil: :evil:

I have put up with this elitist BS since I moved to melbourne 22 years ago. I live in the Western Suburbs and love it. So get stuffed.

Dont tar everyone with the one brush,.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
degruch
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:And to anyone who wants to slander the Western Suburbs- go and F%%K yourselves :evil: :evil:
Charming lot, you bloody Westies. :wink: