Did Jack Steven do enough to hold his place?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

When Gram comes back...

Steven, Geary, Raph would all be possibles to make way. Not as like for like, but in terms of a spot in the 22.

Playing without Zac , who is in poor form, would be another possibility, and particularly when the opposition does not have two large forwards, which is many teams.

I think Armo has done enough in his first 6 games this year to keep his spot and Gwilt I have been super-impressed with.

Gram provides that quick running mid that we desperately need.

On Kosi. If we had Roo then full time ruck may be a possibility (though I would not be in favour of any more than a No 2 role). But without Roo Kosi will need to play large chunks of time forward. a role that he goes ok in despite all the neagtive talk.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saints11
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Beno88 wrote:
I would bring Gram in for Clarke not Steven

+1
+1 more

stupid suggestion
Why is it a stupid suggestion, Gram and Steven play completely different positions while Gram and Clarke both play in the backline

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I was very impressed with the return of Steven. Good hard tackling, quick thinking. Got my tick! Hopefully he's back in this week.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
rexy
SS Life Member

saints11 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Beno88 wrote:
I would bring Gram in for Clarke not Steven

+1
+1 more

stupid suggestion
Why is it a stupid suggestion, Gram and Steven play completely different positions while Gram and Clarke both play in the backline
Gram has not played in the backline since 2008, he plays in the middle or on a wing. No saying that means your stupid, just pointing ot out. Many still think of Gram as a HBFer but it isnt true.

Maybe this year?
groupie1
Club Player

Having Steven means we can RELEASE GODDARD FORWARD

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga