Kosi vs Lake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Anyone else remember the way Kosi was used for Harves' 350th?

R12, 2007, Kosi kicked 4 in a half before doing his quad.

The concern going into the game was that playing on Glass, Kosi was going to get murdered. At the time, Glass was regularly making leading forwards look bad by not just closing and spoiling, but closing, passing, marking, and running off. Similarly, efforts to play Kosi in the ruck were showing him to be pretty good at ground level - but absolutely no chance in hitout situations; a ready victim for the Cox/Seaby tandem.

The solution (which worked like magic) was to use Kosi to make Cox accountable in the ruck first off. Kosi would lose the hitout (as did anyone else we threw up against Cox and Seaby that day) we sharked to their tap, and then Kosi pushed forward.

He created a nightmare. West Coast didn't want Cox following Kosi, Seaby just couldn't compete in the marking stakes.

West Coast tried to swap Glass onto him.

He moved into the midfield, and having taken Glass well out of his comfort zone, played the linkup man beautifully.

As is Kosi's way, from memory it was primarily the second quarter where he took the match apart delivering a versatile and dominant performance... and then hurt himself.

He certainly wasn't playing a true #1 ruck's role, nor was he playing as a FF. But with a pair of opponents available who nobody would have rated his chances against, he was employed in such a way that he got on a roll and provided one of the days that make him so frustrating when he disappears.

Friday strikes me as a similar situation. You'd certainly rate Lake at FB > Kosi at FF. Hudson's a pretty good tap.

Use Kosi to draw Lake up the ground. Use Kosi to create problems for their rucks playing defense.

My thought on Kosi is he's a big mass of ability, without the personal ability to execute in any one position; he's a coach's project. Used right, it's going to look like Kosi's brilliant. Used normally, it'll look like Kosi's not much chop at all.

Rotate Gardiner and Kosi between the 2 positions and cause some havoc... of the good kind, rather than the Leigh Brown kind.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
Use Kosi to draw Lake up the ground. Use Kosi to create problems for their rucks playing defense.

Which is why I would play Kosi at CHF and not FF. Yes at occassional burst in the ruck, but no too much as the Dogs have a very good midfield.

At CHF the way the team zones up Kosi will move into the midfield area as well.

Kosi running towards goal to mark is in my mind a much better proposition on him leading out from FF with Lake in tow.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Anyone else remember the way Kosi was used for Harves' 350th?

R12, 2007, Kosi kicked 4 in a half before doing his quad.

The concern going into the game was that playing on Glass, Kosi was going to get murdered. At the time, Glass was regularly making leading forwards look bad by not just closing and spoiling, but closing, passing, marking, and running off. Similarly, efforts to play Kosi in the ruck were showing him to be pretty good at ground level - but absolutely no chance in hitout situations; a ready victim for the Cox/Seaby tandem.

The solution (which worked like magic) was to use Kosi to make Cox accountable in the ruck first off. Kosi would lose the hitout (as did anyone else we threw up against Cox and Seaby that day) we sharked to their tap, and then Kosi pushed forward.

He created a nightmare. West Coast didn't want Cox following Kosi, Seaby just couldn't compete in the marking stakes.

West Coast tried to swap Glass onto him.

He moved into the midfield, and having taken Glass well out of his comfort zone, played the linkup man beautifully.

As is Kosi's way, from memory it was primarily the second quarter where he took the match apart delivering a versatile and dominant performance... and then hurt himself.

He certainly wasn't playing a true #1 ruck's role, nor was he playing as a FF. But with a pair of opponents available who nobody would have rated his chances against, he was employed in such a way that he got on a roll and provided one of the days that make him so frustrating when he disappears.

Friday strikes me as a similar situation. You'd certainly rate Lake at FB > Kosi at FF. Hudson's a pretty good tap.

My thought on Kosi is he's a big mass of ability, without the personal ability to execute in any one position; he's a coach's project. Used right, it's going to look like Kosi's brilliant. Used normally, it'll look like Kosi's not much chop at all.

Rotate Gardiner and Kosi between the 2 positions and cause some havoc... of the good kind, rather than the Leigh Brown kind.
Thanks I found your post interesting, I especially like the bolded part...

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

I'd play KOSI in the ruck for the last 5 mins of the game :lol:

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz