WHY ARE RAPH, ZAC AND EDDY ALWAYS CRITISISED?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kos
Club Player

WHY ARE RAPH, ZAC AND EDDY ALWAYS CRITISISED?

ILL TELL YOU WHY, BECAUSE THEY GET PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITIES AND CONTINUE TO FAIL.

A SUB PAR PERFORMANCE IS AT BEST THEIR BEST OUTPUT,
AND THEY CONTINUE TO GET A GAME.
THIS IS DUE TO THE QUALITY OF PLAYERS AROUND THEM AND OUR
REMARKABLE RECORD IN THE PAST 2 SEASONS.

THESE PLAYERS WERE NOT TO BLAME FOR LAST NIGHTS PERFORMANCE
THEY ONLY GAVE THEIR USUAL OUTPUT.
WE HAD TOO MANY OF OUR BETTER PLAYERS DOWN.

ID LOVE FOR THESE BLOKES TO HAVE A CRACKER GAME AND JUSTIFY
THEIR SELECTION, BUT I CANT SEE THE BALL BUTCHERING AND TURNOVERS ENDING.

ITS TIME TO BLOOD A FEW YOUNGSTERS AND SEE IF WE HAVE ANY PLAYERS AMONGST THEM.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Re: WHY ARE RAPH, ZAC AND EDDY ALWAYS CRITISISED?

kos wrote:ILL TELL YOU WHY, BECAUSE THEY GET PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITIES AND CONTINUE TO FAIL.

So why is it that there are no calls to drop the 'better' players??? Lets put it this way...our mids got killed which meant that our defence was under constant attack. The fact that the margin was only 9 points says a bit! Thought that Dawson actually played well. If you want to criticise anyone in the backline maybe have a look at the lovechild Gilbert. He might have taken a few marks but by gee his disposal by foot was left wanting on more than one occasion.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
kos
Club Player

Re: WHY ARE RAPH, ZAC AND EDDY ALWAYS CRITISISED?

Buckets wrote:
kos wrote:ILL TELL YOU WHY, BECAUSE THEY GET PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITIES AND CONTINUE TO FAIL.

So why is it that there are no calls to drop the 'better' players??? Lets put it this way...our mids got killed which meant that our defence was under constant attack. The fact that the margin was only 9 points says a bit! Thought that Dawson actually played well. If you want to criticise anyone in the backline maybe have a look at the lovechild Gilbert. He might have taken a few marks but by gee his disposal by foot was left wanting on more than one occasion.

THERE ARE REASONS WHY THEY ARE CALLED BETTER PLAYERS, SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY PERFORM ON A REGULAR BASIS.
COMPARED TO THE CRITISISED GROUP WHOM CONSISTANTLY FAIL TO LAUNCH.
THEN AGAIN WHY NOT DROP GILBO, DAL AND MILNEY AND ZAC MAY HAVE A 15 MARK 30 POS GAME, EDDY 30+ POS, AND RAPH SNAGING 50 GOALS A SEASON, WE ALL MAY FORGIVE THE TURNOVERS AND BALL BUTCHERING.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Theres a reason for the Caps Lock button, kos. Use it.

Anyone care to remember Raphs Prelim game against the Dogs?

We wouldnt have made the GF without him.

He has had plenty of good, servicable games, but people only mention the mistakes.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Are you unable to read Kos? You couldn't have posted this in one of the other multitude of threads covering this? Surely the forum is clogged up enough alreay with this carp?

Well said n1ck. He was superb in the prelim. Raph is an integral part of our team, even if some of the lounge chair experts don't seem to think so. Instead of screaming abuse at him, it is about time they actually started watching him and his role in our structure.

Here is a novel idea for the Raph bashers. How about you spend as much time and energy getting behind this young man and supporting him as you do in bagging him? He isn't going anywhere so it would be a better use of your time and energy.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I just want to know where these posters are after a win?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I take it your not happy with there performance

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
kos
Club Player

n1ck wrote:Theres a reason for the Caps Lock button, kos. Use it.

Anyone care to remember Raphs Prelim game against the Dogs?

We wouldnt have made the GF without him.

He has had plenty of good, servicable games, but people only mention the mistakes.
SORRY FOR CAPS BUD ill change just for you.

raph did have an ok game in the prelim, but if my memory services me
right it was a current injured captain who got us over the line.

i also seem to recall how raph argubly cost us a PREMIERSHIP WITH HIS PISS POOR PERFORMANCE IN THE GF.
HIS TURNOVERS RIGHT THROUGHOUT THE GAME AND INABILITY TO GO WITH HIS APPONENT IN THE CRUCIAL FINAL QTR COST US.

i wouldnt say he has had plenty of good games, more like plenty of seviceable games.
that is reason for the constant criticisim of the bloke.

my post is from frustration, im behind the club what ever the direction they take but with a loss comes criticisim and blokes like raph can get away with ordinary performances when we win but the buck stops with the consistant under performers after a loss.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Thought Zac and Eddy did alright....

kos
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Thought Zac and Eddy did alright....
yeah ok but is eddy or steven going to be a better player/ key midfielder?
zac is zac he will be there untill we can find a better fb.

Shrappy
Club Player

One of the more sensible posts i have read this year... People continue to pump up Raph but he continues to let our team down, he is just not up to AFL standard at its current pace...

His lack of Skill, pace, vision and decision making continues to frustrate even the most staunch supporter of his...

People who continue to support him will always except 2nd best... we have better kids to at least try as they could do no worse. Cant wait til Jesse Smith is fit, surely that will end Raph's free run of a senior game.

It may only be one or two bad mistakes a game but they always cost goals... last year in the GF the first goal to Geelong was through nothing more than a lack of awareness, sometimes our game style only allows us to kick 9 goals to win. We can not afford to leak goals through panic stricken bad discisions...

Enough is enough...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Shrappy wrote:One of the more sensible posts i have read this year... People continue to pump up Raph but he continues to let our team down, he is just not up to AFL standard at its current pace...

His lack of Skill, pace, vision and decision making continues to frustrate even the most staunch supporter of his...

People who continue to support him will always except 2nd best... we have better kids to at least try as they could do no worse. Cant wait til Jesse Smith is fit, surely that will end Raph's free run of a senior game.

It may only be one or two bad mistakes a game but they always cost goals... last year in the GF the first goal to Geelong was through nothing more than a lack of awareness, sometimes our game style only allows us to kick 9 goals to win. We can not afford to leak goals through panic stricken bad discisions...

Enough is enough...
love how the whole team has a shocker and out come the raph bashers... pathetic!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Buckets
SS Life Member

Raph and Dawson must be the only players out on the field to get this much crap thrown their way!!!!! :roll:
Always thought that AFL was a TEAM game? Must be mistaken!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
Shrappy wrote:One of the more sensible posts i have read this year... People continue to pump up Raph but he continues to let our team down, he is just not up to AFL standard at its current pace...

Enough is enough...
love how the whole team has a shocker and out come the raph bashers... pathetic!
Yeah and some posters that comment on Eddy's game ....

Eddy only played 62% on the ground and had 15 possessions of which 80% were effective ....

That's a bloody good result and he did play well...

Next will be the hanging of the coach for not playing him enough...

Some on here really need to take a deep breath or don't bother posting absolute crapolla ...

Fair Dinkum some on here should be really embarrassed with what they have posted

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Milton66
SS Life Member

No... we are the Saints. Every player is expected to get 30+ touches every game... otherwise we should delist them.

Good point about game time Fid. I can see the irony there. :lol:

Fairdinkum, we are a precious mob.

It wasn't that long ago that we were happy to only lose by 10 points.

These young'uns have been spoilt.

26 wins out of 30, and they still crappon. :roll:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:No... we are the Saints. Every player is expected to get 30+ touches every game... otherwise we should delist them.

Yeah and lets not forget the resident ruck critique who slammed pattison a few weeks back and spent near on two flowering years ramming his crapola on a ruckman that was useless and then turns around and suggest ...

It was a joke..

It was a joke that this poster tried to raid a coaches box with his so called ruck to advantage...

It was a joke that this poster suggested that our coach's appointment was compromised, and the love of this posers life "longmire" was outed...

The crap of some on here is a joke and that's why so many have left.....

The flogging and rubbishing of players is a joke and the appraisal of some so called rucks that had dominated this site for two years is ridiculous....

Time to play Pattison next week IMO

He has been an emergency for the last few weeks and has played better than McEvoy judging by reports..

Just fed up with so called

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Milton66
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
Milton66 wrote:No... we are the Saints. Every player is expected to get 30+ touches every game... otherwise we should delist them.

Yeah and lets not forget the resident ruck critique who slammed pattison a few weeks back and spent near on two flowering years ramming his crapola on a ruckman that was useless and then turns around and suggest ...

It was a joke..

It was a joke that this poster tried to raid a coaches box with his so called ruck to advantage...

It was a joke that this poster suggested that our coach's appointment was compromised, and the love of this posers life "longmire" was outed...

The crap of some on here is a joke and that's why so many have left.....

The flogging and rubbishing of players is a joke and the appraisal of some so called rucks that had dominated this site for two years is ridiculous....

Time to play Pattison next week IMO

He has been an emergency for the last few weeks and has played better than McEvoy judging by reports..

Just fed up with so called
Fair call. But given my colourful history, I can't really comment.

Take it all with a grain of salt or it gets to you.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

kos wrote: raph did have an ok game in the prelim, but if my memory services me

Well your memory is s.hit.

Raph Clarke was the only player in our back half with any run in the fourth qtr.

If it wasn't for him we would have lost for sure.

Go back to CAPS, you have so much more credibility when you yell your selective hatreds.

Where are all these haters and whingers when we win. Haven't seen half of these posters since 2008.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JohnE
Club Player

Don't know what the fascination with Raph Clarke is, he's ordinary to say the least and certainly wouldn't make any other team list. His supporters constantly refer to the one or two games that he saved the team or had a blinder.... it's in the past, let it go.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

kos, your post is a chore to read. and i don't just mean that because it's typed in caps.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I just want to know where these posters are after a win?
Exactly right

With the advent of Facebook I was kinda hoping that the fly-by-night fans who expect a 100 point win every week and sledge the usual whipping boys when it doesnt happen would have migrated over there and left us alone..but it appears not.

Criticisising the team after a poor performance is fine..when done constructively...but when its ALL you do, and its not even constructive and you are nowhere to be seen after a win..well..its a bit sad really IMO

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
fingers
Saintsational Legend

mmmm...interesting question.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

All I can say is thank god we win so often, because otherwise we'd have to see them on here more often.

Fact is, we are never going to field a team of 22 superstars. Even Geelong has a few GOPs in their team.

These imbeciles seem to think that Raph, Dawson, etc. are keeping out potential superstars from the Zebras. But when these guys get into the senior side, they either have to perform brilliantly or they quickly become whipping boys too. Gilbert was a whipping boy in 2008, McEvoy is on the cusp, some are starting to have a go at Geary FFS (I reckon he's having a great 2010). If Armo plays too many more games like his effort against Port, he'll become a whipping boy too.

It's ok to have a negative view about players (although it can be embarassing when they prove you wrong, like CJ has done for me and many others). But this harping on and on and on with denigrating and insulting comments......!!!!! :roll:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Saintsfan
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
kos wrote: raph did have an ok game in the prelim, but if my memory services me

Well your memory is s.hit.

Raph Clarke was the only player in our back half with any run in the fourth qtr.

If it wasn't for him we would have lost for sure.

Go back to CAPS, you have so much more credibility when you yell your selective hatreds.

Where are all these haters and whingers when we win. Haven't seen half of these posters since 2008.
Well there we go. Typical Joffaboy. Play the man whoever it is. Pick on the capitals and label ones' memory poorly.

This is one of the main reasons for the New World Order. The freedom you possessed under the old regime with your buds to slag off at anyone and everyone.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Batnoe
Club Player

Gee people are dumb....

Do you really think Raph lost us the GF??? Seriusly!?

How many missed shots at goals that we could have kicked and we lost?

You cannot serioulsy blame that loss on one player...

Get a life and get a grip. Maybe it was you, you didnt cheer hard enough or you bagged our players which made them stuff it up....

Get f***ed

Carn Saints