Bandwagon lightens....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

Pretty sure we smashed Freo in the clearances last week.

Good point re our mids. Look at the stats, a number of top possession getters had both no goals and no goal assists.

Due to the sensitive nature of this thread I would like to ever so politely suggest this may have been a problem on the night.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bandwagon lightens....

Saints43 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:Gee one game when our execution level was down and the boys were a bit flat and the knives are out in full swing.

Personally I am of the few that after such a long string of very good performance that slack should be cut when some weeks do not measure up.
As you are, apparently, one of the few who hasn't jumped off the bandwagon would you please name at least some of the many who have jumped off after last nights performance.

I would be interested to know.
My apologies if the Metaphor of the title confused you.

However if you have a question about the OP please ask away.

But as your question is not what I wrote I cannot answer it.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
starsign
Club Player

yep cut out all the doom and gloom an keep that faith folks
Long as we can learn from it The boys were having a go and we could have got there with a bit of luck despite the handicaps and having quite a few seemingly off their Wheeties
Missed Nos 1 & 22 more than i thought we would ( not to mention the 1and2 combination)

Thought that Port went up a notch and gained a bit of unfair momentum when that shocker was paid for a high tackle to Rodan. and they got a big lift from the gift
The umpire was blind sided and second guessed against poor Jimbo who clearly had him perfectly held around the arms on TV

we seemed to drop a bit of intensity after that and they got their tails up! I know you can't blame a loss on just one free kick but it seemed a turning point or watershed moment in the game for me anyway!!
After their earlier costly misses the umps decided they better lend them a hand I recon!!

Whoever that ump was needs a check up from the neck up and a spell in the bush next week surely...though we wouldn't want him up here on second thoughts!!!

mohannair
Club Player

Watch out guys on Friday night our intensity will be back. We will beat the doggies. Normally a team which has an easy week struggles the next week specially when the opposition looses.

bristol_saint
Club Player

+1 for this post.

I'm not a big poster on this site, just like the banter and the more (mostly) thoughtful insight into 'saints footy'. But I tell you this is the worst place to come after a loss. Talk about a soft bunch of supporters! I have been a long time supporter and member of the Saints; through thick and thin; but I guess the term 'supporter' has been lost somewhere...anyone seen it?

My comments from this game:

1. Our handballs were 1inch from perfect; if we had pulled off some of the passes we wouldn't be here complaining...yes we were trying to be too cute with the passes considering the weather; and we couldn't adjust quick enough to the weather in my opinion.
2. No matter how bad the umpiring is...we just couldn't score and our forward line lacked any structure but that has been mentioned before.
3. Kosi has had three weeks out...focused too much on the man than the ball had something to prove...but in my opinion he was doing the wrong things. Next week will be different.
4. Milne busts a gut...he must be the most unlucky forward (for frees) and what about that goal; perfect!
5. Port were lucky in many areas and had more desire for the ball and in the end found a way to score in the trying conditions.

...one week at a time...each opposition is assessed and addressed; yes we had a bad day at the office (skills, weather, umpires etc); but it happens; you can never tell what the other team is going to do (no matter where they are on the ladder) and sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way; but that is why we love footy so much...any team is capable of winning a match.

I look forward to the Bulldogs game (as will our team and coaching staff). We will assess what we did poorly and address it. We are a professional outfit that will see past the short sighted comments of this forum and prepare for the next game at hand and learn from our past experience (open invitation I know...)

Go Saints and FFS 'support' our great team!

Actually one last comment; if you don't like the way our team plays thats OK; vent your frustration with the game, yes it was bad....but please don't take it out on fellow Saints supporters...we need every Saint we can get and with record numbers lets not turn on each other; vent away; support; learn; move on and celebrate what makes the Saints so damn good!

Over and out till....I don't know when....

Boot to Ball....GOAL!!!
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Re: Bandwagon lightens....

saintsRrising wrote:Gee one game when our execution level was down and the boys were a bit flat and the knives are out in full swing.

I think St Kilda fans have gotten too used to winning after last magnicent H&A season.

Personally I am of the few that after such a long string of very good performance that slack should be cut when some weeks do not measure up.

Gameplan and structures by and large still looked pretty good to me for despite a numbers of Saints having an off night PA who were really up and about had extreme difficulty in scoring.

Now not meaning to pick on any Saints in particular but for example if Kosi and Milne had snagged a few marks that they should have and if Sam had done a bit better with his running shots on goal the Saints could have won despite being flat.

Also the Saints being flat is just not our players being down, but the Power being up.

Looking at our first 5 games it is pretty clear now that the saints are "the hunted". teams rise when they play as as they desperately want to beat us.

While a lot of attention has gone onto our forward line (and yes Kosi and Milne were below par amonst others such as Mini) our midfield has been a valuable contributor St Kilda goals this year. They scored not one goal this week.

Our midfield needs to kick goals for us to defeat an opponent that is playing well. Moreso when the big blonde fella is out.
+1

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Saints are in the race this year.

It will be a more competitive year as more teams are up and about. Which is all the more rason to support your team.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....