Dawson A Major Issue

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Saintsfan wrote:He has been a problem since the break of last year. He is constantly covered by Fisher, Goddard, Blake, Gram and Bilbert
+1

What will be next from this club ?
suss
Club Player

Out of interest, what did Tredrea do last night to justify this criticism of Zac? He was good last night - provided a few really good spoils and did everything that was required of him.

I'll admit that I was concerned with his pre-season form - and size - but he's been pretty good in the first few rounds and I doubt he'll get killed by Hall next week.

Legendary
Club Player

He beat Tredrea last night.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Zac and Tredrea provided an even contest - for speed. That is one of Zac;s biggest problems, he is so slow.

Reiwoldt_Soljaz

Should have kept Goose and have Dawson warming the Pine

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Reiwoldt_Soljaz wrote:Should have kept Goose and have Dawson warming the Pine
Yeah, Goose did pretty well for us last year. :roll:

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Saintsfan wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:
clarky449 wrote:Im getting sick of the word 'saints footy', why use it in every context
Thank you.
I wasnt directing that personally to you, just every where on bigfooty and on the net there is the word 'saints footy'
I agree though. It is an over-used crap term that has not won anything yet
It is embarrassing and I cringe when anyone says it. What does it actually mean anyway? If we have won three flags in a row like the lions did then use it, but we have done nothing and have the worst history in the league? Who would want to play so called "saints footy"?.
Win a flag or two then maybe think about using it, but until we actually do something for once the term should be abandoned.

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
georgie girl
Club Player

Zac

I have never been a great fan of Zac's and I do not like bagging players from my own team. However, Zac has certainly lost something this year! His judgement is poor, he doesn't 'read' the play and too often he is watching the player instead of the ball. In fact often appears to have no idea where the ball is.
He made some good progress last year but I think there has been a huge drop in form this year. Maybe a stint at Sandy will help his confidence. Something needs to change because he has been a liability every game this season.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

SaintWal wrote:
Was Zac our worst tonight?
Hell no. I thought he did alright and clearly had others in front of him for that honour. He probably stuffed up a couple of times, but who didn't? It was an awful game for us.
I just hope he's over whatever illness he supposedly had and that he gets back closer to the weight/strength he had last year.
We could certainly do with the Goose, as someone mentioned, though. Another 20 possies last night, in a losing team.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Sun 25 Apr 2010 3:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Our defence kept Port to 54, not a bad team effort.