Terrible mistake bringing Kosi straight in..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

Terrible mistake bringing Kosi straight in..

It is a real kick in the guts for the other guys pushing for selection week in and week out when you get a guy who hasn't warranted a game since long before the finals last year, yet just walks in to a team after a 3 game suspension when he was playing TERRIBLY long before getting susepended!

Regardless if we have foward options, his form is pathetic and should be made to earn his spot through Sandringham and not just waltz in on the off chance he fires! Sends a terrible message to the rest of the team, especially the kids.

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
SaintWal
Club Player

Good call

saintkid
Club Player

His second efforts are worse than Gehrig's last few years of his career and his ground coverage to get to a contested ball situation is poor. You would think after 3 weeks off he would have been burning the midnight oil to make a contest. He is extremely disappointing.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Is the only thing you do on this forum is to bag Kosi?

2 threads in about 15 minutes aftergod knows how long and all you do is scapegoat.

Piss weak effort.

Lift your game.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Munga
Saintsational Legend

I've never bagged Kosi before. But we all know how Lyon dropped Milne and Dal Santo years ago. Time to do the same with Kosi, he hasn't earned it for a LONG time.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Sam23
SS Life Member

I've never bagged Koschitzke before either but I don't see how McEvoy would do any worse than what Kosi did tonight.

Goddard.
Quixote
SS Life Member

Re: Terrible mistake bringing Kosi straight in..

RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:It is a real kick in the guts for the other guys pushing for selection week in and week out when you get a guy who hasn't warranted a game since long before the finals last year, yet just walks in to a team after a 3 game suspension when he was playing TERRIBLY long before getting susepended!

Regardless if we have foward options, his form is pathetic and should be made to earn his spot through Sandringham and not just waltz in on the off chance he fires! Sends a terrible message to the rest of the team, especially the kids.
I agree. We should not have brought the leading contested mark getter from the 2009 AFLseason straight back into our team. Nor our third best goal kicker from last year.

Madness.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Why? Rehabilitate him?? After 3 weeks off??? FFS, of course you'd put him straight back in the team, he's out prime KP forward at the moment.

How long would be accptable then? Bring him back in after the mid-season break? Honestly, sounds like he had a crap game tonight (haven't seen it), along with about 20 others.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:It is a real kick in the guts for the other guys pushing for selection week in and week out when you get a guy who hasn't warranted a game since long before the finals last year, yet just walks in to a team after a 3 game suspension when he was playing TERRIBLY long before getting susepended!

I agree. We should not have brought the leading contested mark getter from the 2009 AFLseason straight back into our team. Nor our third best goal kicker from last year.

Madness.
+1

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

Quixote wrote:

Madness.
Obviously didn't watch the finals last year or for that matter any of the preseason there buddy?? I am waiting for you to bring up his great 2005 as well. You might want to check your stats on his current form and get back to me.

ON CURRENT FORM how does this guy get a call up?? You tell me?

saintkid
Club Player

Hey no-one wants to bag our players but effort goes a long way. Watch carefully how many times he provided a contest or an option for the other players to kick to him. Then, watch Ebert's efforts and even Tredreas's. That is my sore point about him and I feel justified. Commentators said similar too from memory.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

rocket keogh's lc, how were the selectors meant to know that he was going to play poorly before the game?

they couldn't judge him on his round 1 form and he presented as the best possible replacement for roo.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:rocket keogh's lc, how were the selectors meant to know that he was going to play poorly before the game?

they couldn't judge him on his round 1 form and he presented as the best possible replacement for roo.
But he has been terrible in every single preseason game plus his first round as well.

Now you don't have to be Nostradamus to predict the guy is going to continue that form after 3 weeks away from the game.

How many excuses must this guy have before he is dropped?

saintkid
Club Player

RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:
Sainternist wrote:rocket keogh's lc, how were the selectors meant to know that he was going to play poorly before the game?

But he has been terrible in every single preseason game plus his first round as well.

Now you don't have to be Nostradamus to predict the guy is going to continue that form after 3 weeks away from the game.

Don't forget his woeful finals performances also.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:But he has been terrible in every single preseason game plus his first round as well.

If NAB Cup form was anything to go by, we'd still have Charlie Gardiner in the team. Form aside, he is a KP forward, he hasn't been out injured, he has been at training and unlikely to have forgotten how to play football after 3 weeks off...he was an automatic inclusion for this game.

As for other guys being upset about not being given a crack, once they play one game in the AFL they'll be at least part the way towards improving their selection chances.

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

degruch wrote:
RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:But he has been terrible in every single preseason game plus his first round as well.

If NAB Cup form was anything to go by, we'd still have Charlie Gardiner in the team. Form aside, he is a KP forward, he hasn't been out injured, he has been at training and unlikely to have forgotten how to play football after 3 weeks off...he was an automatic inclusion for this game.

As for other guys being upset about not being given a crack, once they play one game in the AFL they'll be at least part the way towards improving their selection chances.
I think Kosi has forgotten how to play football period. How can the guy be an automatic inclusion going on form? You never play a guy based on the need to fill a position if he hasn't earned the spot and as tonight proves that it doesn't work.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

look, i agree. his form has been unsatisfactory for a long time. but he was the best available option going on experience. we are just hoping that he will somehow carpe diem and find his old self with roo absent. hate to use cliches, but he really has to dig deep and have a good hard look at himself if he wants to continue his career at st.kilda f.c. beyond this year.
Last edited by Sainternist on Sun 25 Apr 2010 12:43am, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

I think Kosi has forgotten how to play football period. How can the guy be an automatic inclusion going on form? You never play a guy based on the need to fill a position if he hasn't earned the spot and as tonight proves that it doesn't work.
What I'm suggesting is that you don't really have any form on which to base an arguement. He wasn't terrible R1, hasn't played for 3 rounds, played quite well in 2009. NAB Cup for doesn't count. He has played FF for many years, so naturally, if he wasn't injured, you'd put him straight in the team.

There isn't really anyone else you'd put in Kosi's position, unless you wanted to create a miss-match and run with a short forwardline. Given the teams training, structure, and poor weather conditions, that was never a likely option.

Kosi had a crap game tonight, but it certainly made perfect sense to have him out there.

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

degruch wrote:
degruch wrote:

What I'm suggesting is that you don't really have any form on which to base an arguement. He wasn't terrible R1, hasn't played for 3 rounds, played quite well in 2009. NAB Cup for doesn't count. He has played FF for many years, so naturally, if he wasn't injured, you'd put him straight in the team.

There isn't really anyone else you'd put in Kosi's position, unless you wanted to create a miss-match and run with a short forwardline. Given the teams training, structure, and poor weather conditions, that was never a likely option.

Kosi had a crap game tonight, but it certainly made perfect sense to have him out there.
Don't have any form..ahha.

Ok, so lets see here. Kosi has not played a good game since well before last years finals and was non existant in the preseason (which doesn't count for some reason)! He was extremely ordinary against Sydney in round 1, then got suspended for 3 games?

And I have no basis for an argument? It was logic for him to slot back in when his form suggests he should be playing for Sandringham? How can being away from the game help him when he couldn't even get a sniff when he was playing every single week?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
degruch wrote:

Don't have any form..ahha.

Ok, so lets see here. Kosi has not played a good game since well before last years finals and was non existant in the preseason (which doesn't count for some reason)! He was extremely ordinary against Sydney in round 1, then got suspended for 3 games?

And I have no basis for an argument? It was logic for him to slot back in when his form suggests he should be playing for Sandringham? How can being away from the game help him when he couldn't even get a sniff when he was playing every single week?
Thankfully for Kosi, if no-one else, my line of thinking is a lot closer to our coaches. Don't expect him to line up for Sandy next week.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Came within half a foot of giving himself another 3 weeks , again a few minutes into the game! Just cant go like that at the man anymore.

I love Kosi, but I agreee he has to earn his spot.

Cant see how you coul;d argue giving him a spell at Sandy and look at McEvoy/Stanley

degruch
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Came within half a foot of giving himself another 3 weeks , again a few minutes into the game! Just cant go like that at the man anymore.

Cant see how you coul;d argue giving him a spell at Sandy and look at McEvoy/Stanley
So the new solution to players having a bad game or two is to drop them back to Sandy for a couple weeks? We might have to look at the possibility of naming the entire St Kilda/Sandy lists each week, playing musical chairs and naming a team 1 hour before the game.

McEvoy was dropped when Gardiner was ready to come back into the side, our preferred ruck combo being Gards/King...no point in having a 3rd ruck on the team. Stanley has never been dropped back to Sandy, he's yet to play a game for St Kilda.

If using the 2nds as punishment is going to work, it should be used sparingly. NDS, Milne and Ball were given months to improve before they were banished. Kosi will be very important for us against the Dogs, if he fails next week, then people might have a point requesting his demotion.

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

degruch wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:Came within half a foot of giving himself another 3 weeks , again a few minutes into the game! Just cant go like that at the man anymore.

So the new solution to players having a bad game or two is to drop them back to Sandy for a couple weeks? We might have to look at the possibility of naming the entire St Kilda/Sandy lists each week, playing musical chairs and naming a team 1 hour before the game.

McEvoy was dropped when Gardiner was ready to come back into the side, our preferred ruck combo being Gards/King...no point in having a 3rd ruck on the team. Stanley has never been dropped back to Sandy, he's yet to play a game for St Kilda.

If using the 2nds as punishment is going to work, it should be used sparingly. NDS, Milne and Ball were given months to improve before they were banished. Kosi will be very important for us against the Dogs, if he fails next week, then people might have a point requesting his demotion.
You talk like this is Kosi's first bad game. Better yet you tell me the round in which Kosi actually played a good game for us??

The guy has been given way to many oppurtunities and seems to get a game based on potential rather than form. Pitty he has never actually played one solid year in his last 9!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand how a guy who got NO service from his comprehensively outpointed midfield can become such a whipping boy?

What did he have to do? Collect his own pill from the ruck, take a couple of bounces, and bang through five straight?

I'm seriously astounded at the level of vitriol headed his way.

Far as I can recall there were only two entries of anything resembling markability. He caught one and dropped another. Big whoop.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
degruch
Saintsational Legend

RodKeoghsLoveChild wrote:The guy has been given way to many oppurtunities and seems to get a game based on potential rather than form. Pitty he has never actually played one solid year in his last 9!
He did pretty well last year - have a look at his stats and honestly tell me he was useless. I think the worst thing that ever happened to Kosi was Sheedy talking him up, now everyone seems to think he needs to kick 5 goals each week to warrant selection.