Lyon's Coaching

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

wraiyth
Club Player

Lyon's Coaching

After tonights game, does anyone else think RL might be a bit of a one-trick pony? I don't want to be making judgements after just one game, but he seemed very unwilling to make any changes tonight. We clearly weren't going anywhere with the setup we had and there didnt seem to be much flexibility in our playstyle when things werent going well.
Thoughts?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

yeah, he left peake on for way too long. bad move.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

yes sack him now :roll:

You joined to make that one post.

Well done hope you are happy.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Quixote
SS Life Member

I've got one.

You're a f***wit

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Bad skills lost the game imo, not bad coaching. Ross can't play the game for them.

sainta
Club Player

4 losses in 30 games and he's a one trick pony?

The players let themselves down tonight. Poor disposal and choices.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

does your mum know you have snuck out of bed

devil saint
Club Player

The loss had nothing to do with Ross. Our skills were poor throughout the whole match. Couldn't kick and couldn't hit targets. Our problem wasn't getting the ball. We got the ball but just did nothing with it. In the end Power had more intensity. Ross can't do anything about that. Too many players didn't play their best.

Statsman
Club Player

When three quarters of your team simply doesn't come to play there's very little you can do from the coaches box. Football is all about the intensity you bring to the game and we just didn't bring it. If both teams are playing with intensity then strategy and tactics can be the deciding factor. However if one team doesn't show up mentally, the result is a foregone conclusion.
Last edited by Statsman on Sat 24 Apr 2010 11:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:does your mum know you have snuck out of bed
her bed?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Lets hope the club is caught cheating on the salery cap and folds. Lyon cant coach, the players are all donkeys and lets face it the colours suck too. Tearing up my membership as we speak and burning all my gear too

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
wraiyth
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:yes sack him now :roll:

You joined to make that one post.

Well done hope you are happy.
l2read join date.

I never said sack him now. Things werent going well which has rarely happened in the past 30 games but there didnt seem to be many changes happening around the place to try and spark anything. So he was the perfect coach tonight in that case?

Quixote
SS Life Member

I'm glad Luke Darcy is happy we lost.

The brown-nosing over-rated eyebrow-plucking cloth-eared bint.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
bigred
Saintsational Legend

sainta wrote:4 losses in 30 games and he's a one trick pony?

The players let themselves down tonight. Poor disposal and choices.
THIS..

The OP need to be IP banned

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Quixote wrote:I'm glad Luke Darcy is happy we lost.

The brown-nosing over-rated eyebrow-plucking cloth-eared bint.
My sentiments exactly. Cannot stand listening to this twat!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
ace
Saintsational Legend

Obstinate, Rodan was allowed to run free. Jones should have tagged him after half time.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Statsman
Club Player

ace wrote:Obstinate, Rodan was allowed to run free. Jones should have tagged him after half time.
Yep, that seemed the obvious move to make. It was surprising seeing Goddard standing Rodan late in the game and playing pretty wide of him. With Rodan cutting us up surely a hard tag was in order.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Milton66
SS Life Member

ace wrote:Obstinate, Rodan was allowed to run free. Jones should have tagged him after half time.
Yup... was wondering why he wasn't tagged.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
wraiyth
Club Player

No, no, the coaching was fine tonight, just see all the comments in this thread. Nevermind that we couldnt take a mark inside Forward 50, dont try someone else down there. Dont tag their best player. Dont try Blake in the ruck when we're getting beaten in the hitouts. Dont try Gardy at FF.
One trick pony was the wrong phrase, but he looked it tonight because it SEEMED like there were a lack of changes when they could/should have been made
Last edited by wraiyth on Sat 24 Apr 2010 11:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

wasaintsfan
Club Player

seriously why cant the morons who obviously dont really care about the saints and just come on here to troll just be banned....

sick of hearing

lyons a dud
clarkes a dud
kosis a dud
peakes a dud

meant to be supporters here.. we were beating by a better team on the day in a rare loss and every one hits panic mode...

derby Street
Club Player

Agree ace - we needed him to be shut down - not sure why Clint wasn't moved onto him

wraiyth
Club Player

Just because you're a supporter doesnt mean you have to like every player and support exactly what goes on

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

wasaintsfan wrote:seriously why cant the morons who obviously dont really care about the saints and just come on here to troll just be banned....

sick of hearing

lyons a dud
clarkes a dud
kosis a dud
peakes a dud

meant to be supporters here.. we were beating by a better team on the day in a rare loss and every one hits panic mode...
+1

Never seen such bullshite as I have read on here tonight. Absolutely disgusted at the so called supporters on here tonight. Most of them would be better off if they changed their allegiance to Collingwood or Cartlon as we sure as hell don't want them!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

wraiyth wrote: Nevermind that we couldnt take a mark inside Forward 50
So it is the coaches fault that the forwards couldn't take a mark in the forward 50. Milne must have dropped half a dozen and Kosi three. So thats something the coach can control from the box on the night.

You struggling a bit with this game?
wraiyth wrote:Blake in the ruck when we're getting beaten in the hitouts. .
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You should apply for the coaching position now.

At least we would have a good laugh week in week out.

Timmy Watson is that you? :D :D

Lance or James??

Statsman
Club Player

wasaintsfan wrote:seriously why cant the morons who obviously dont really care about the saints and just come on here to troll just be banned...
It is possible to be a passionate supporter of the club and also be critical when they perform poorly. Surely we shouldn't be pumping them up tonight simply because we're supporters. Lavish them with praise when they perform well, such as against the Filth and Freo, but also be prepared to criticize when they don't deliver to the standard we (and they) expect.