the 1978 thread reprised - Animal Enclosure

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:Just quietly the animal enclosure has become one of those places where everybody who now claims to have stood there it would have taken up half the ground.
:lol: Had noticed that. I'm out of contention...I sat in front of a black and white TV in Portland hoping that Peter Landy would show some footage!
ha yes inded it would have been. As a kid I was in the members directly above the Animal cage, perfect birds eye view. Educational for a youngster :D

Milton66
SS Life Member

We were always on the wing under the CH7 box and President's box.

1978: When throwing beer cans on the ground and calling Glen James a black b@stard was the politically correct thing to do.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

iwantmeseats wrote:
degruch wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:Just quietly the animal enclosure has become one of those places where everybody who now claims to have stood there it would have taken up half the ground.
:lol: Had noticed that. I'm out of contention...I sat in front of a black and white TV in Portland hoping that Peter Landy would show some footage!
ha yes inded it would have been. As a kid I was in the members directly above the Animal cage, perfect birds eye view. Educational for a youngster :D
Was only ever in there once - luckily it was the first game against Adelaide in 1991.

The rest of our time was spent behind the opposition cheersquad trying to errr - stimulate unrest....

I recall Collingwood and Footscray being particularly responsive... :lol:
Last edited by Dis Believer on Fri 23 Apr 2010 4:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

[quote="Milton66"]We were always on the wing under the CH7 box and President's box.

1978: When throwing beer cans on the ground and calling Glen James a black b@stard was the politically correct thing to do.[/quote

Remember Sidebottom getting clocked by a beer can from the cage. Wouldnt have been 78 would it? I would have been only 5...

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:Thanks for the youtube link, Milton 66. I had forgotted how good George Young was. (and how hard Big Carl was :lol: )
Apparently gorgeous George was a HFF but injuries forced him to play at FF.

Maybe someone can confirm?

I was at that game at Vic park.

Back in those days, you could get in the rooms after the game.

LOL, the filth fans were rioting outside the door and we couldn't leave for ages.

They demanded blood. :D
Thanks for the great links, will show my son tonight. I was at the Geelong game at artic park but I dont reeber the filthe game. Can you tell me if we won and did Big Carl get reported?

I love this club
Milton66
SS Life Member

iwantmeseats wrote:
Milton66 wrote:We were always on the wing under the CH7 box and President's box.

1978: When throwing beer cans on the ground and calling Glen James a black b@stard was the politically correct thing to do.[/quote

Remember Sidebottom getting clocked by a beer can from the cage. Wouldnt have been 78 would it? I would have been only 5...
lol, can't say that I do. We were a fair distance away.

I was only 14 at the time. One day I decided to join the party and threw my can of SSW lemonade over the fence.

To which my dad responded with the mother of all back handers.

Dad would always impart the value of food etc. So to this day I'm still not sure if he hit me because I threw the can... or wasted some good lemonade.

25c was a lot of money in those days. :lol:

Milton66
SS Life Member

Stillwaiting wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:Thanks for the youtube link, Milton 66. I had forgotted how good George Young was. (and how hard Big Carl was :lol: )
Apparently gorgeous George was a HFF but injuries forced him to play at FF.

Maybe someone can confirm?

I was at that game at Vic park.

Back in those days, you could get in the rooms after the game.

LOL, the filth fans were rioting outside the door and we couldn't leave for ages.

They demanded blood. :D
Thanks for the great links, will show my son tonight. I was at the Geelong game at artic park but I dont reeber the filthe game. Can you tell me if we won and did Big Carl get reported?
Check the all stats link that Saintbrat posted above. It gives you all the results.