To the Tazzie Saints fans at Soho

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Soho isnt a bad option because you can have a meal there and there is also a few tv screens so you should be able to see the football from a few places. Im assuming they show it on a saturday night. It may get a little busy and crowded there though.
Im fairly certain the Waggon and Horses in the city show the football as well but havent been there in a long while so cant tell you how nice it is inside.
Then there is James Squires bar down on the hobart waterfront. Nice place, good beer selection, nice menu and a big screen in the corner that usually has the footy on.

Hope that helps :)

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

James Squires is great, but they usually have Fox Sports on: not much use when the footy's on free to air.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
mordi
Club Player

thanks guys.....also was recommended the Bay Hotel in Sandy bay?

where are these in relation to the Hobart waterfront?

What's the Point of it All?
saintbob
SS Life Member

I'd be more than keen to catch with a few fellow Saints supporters to watch a few games, especially the twilight ones.
I'm in Hobart, so let me know when and where and i'll see you there.

na exa
Club Player

sandy bay is downriver a tad on the westernside (dockside)

drive there in 5 minutes from town.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
santazzi
Club Player

na exa wrote:TazzieSaintGirl83 .... the RogerWA of the apple Isle

is it just me , or is there something a taddles wrong with that mental picture?

:lol: :lol:

god , i hope so.

lol.
na exa...wash your typing fingers with soapy water!!....the comparision of roger and our tazziesaintsgirl strictly refers to organisational prowess....!!!!

santazzi
Club Player

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:I dont know RogerWA but if he is a saints supporter then Im sure he is a great person :) maybe thats the similarity.. :wink:
TSG Roger from WA is a legend of this forum..........watch out for his posts............(warning: his language may test your sensibilitiea to the limt!!!!)..........He along with Eastern are some of the legends of this forum I am looking forward to catch up at a melbourne game some time soon.........

Soho roun 8 it is ..............i will be the guy who will wear R W and B rosea on his left lapel...................!!!!!

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

mordi wrote:thanks guys.....also was recommended the Bay Hotel in Sandy bay?

The Bay Hotel is quite nice, just been renovated as well, you probably wont get parking on the main road as its fairly busy along there but there is a carpark behind , just go up the little lane beside the hotel
Last edited by TazzieSaintGirl83 on Thu 22 Apr 2010 9:52am, edited 1 time in total.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

santazzi wrote:
TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:I dont know RogerWA but if he is a saints supporter then Im sure he is a great person :) maybe thats the similarity.. :wink:
TSG Roger from WA is a legend of this forum..........watch out for his posts............(warning: his language may test your sensibilitiea to the limt!!!!)..........He along with Eastern are some of the legends of this forum I am looking forward to catch up at a melbourne game some time soon.........

Soho roun 8 it is ..............i will be the guy who will wear R W and B rosea on his left lapel...................!!!!!
Now you mention it I think I may have read some of his posts, Ive Easterns too, quite like his opinions.

:lol: I wouldnt worry too much about the language, I attended my first country football match in Launceston at the tender age of a few months old so Im fairly hard to shock in that department.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

saintbob wrote:I'd be more than keen to catch with a few fellow Saints supporters to watch a few games, especially the twilight ones.
I'm in Hobart, so let me know when and where and i'll see you there.
That would be great if you want to come along. At the moment it looks like we are aiming for Round 8 at Soho :)

na exa
Club Player

washed and self admonished. :?

sworry.

but ya gotta admit , rodger aint ever gunna look good in a dress,

pink toenails or not ... its just not possible !!!

:)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:
mordi wrote:thanks guys.....also was recommended the Bay Hotel in Sandy bay?

The Bay Hotel is quite nice, just been renovated as well, you probably wont get parking on the main road as its fairly busy along there but there is a carpark behind , just go up the little lane beside the hotel
When it re-opened, the old Dr Syntax (now Bay Hotel) promised to have the footy on all the time. Last time I went there, the large screen was turned off "at the request of the other patrons".

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

For real? that sucks :?

They are killing off any type of sports bar

mordi
Club Player

Thanks again.......

sounds like its the SoHo or Waggon and Horses for Saturday night

What's the Point of it All?
loris
Saintsational Legend

TassieSaintGirl83............... I'm Rogerwa's sister. Please believe me just because he is a saints supporter doesn't elevate him into the 'great person' category :o :o

Just be careful of this saints supporter (ie 'great person') bearing gifts. Especially if Rogerwa offers a consultancy service to get your St.Kilda supporters TV pub viewing group off the ground. Take care ......it's a very underground movement, but at least it guarantees to get you watching Saints matches live in your state.

However the price is heavy. :( :( The alliance between the ALP & the Greens to run your state is insignifcant to the deals Rogerwa will hold you to in getting up a band of Sainters to watch the footy together in a pub. Actually I don't think he imbibes in your local brew, so you will have a problem :( :(

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Hey come to think of it, as his sister, maybe there is a genetic strain that connects Roger & I. Possibly I also have his skills to be the consultant to orgainse your pub viewings of the Saints live in Hobart.

At least I do love your local beverages.............. I drown myself every week in a variety of Tassie Pinot Noir's.

So "TassieSaintGirl83", head yourself off to the Tamar Valley and grab a few crates of PN for me and I'll be in the 'Apple Isle' poste haste to get your pub viewing group of Sainters organised................who needs Roger when you have got big sister Loris :P :P :P :P

santazzi
Club Player

loris wrote:
TassieSaintGirl83............... I'm Rogerwa's sister. Please believe me just because he is a saints supporter doesn't elevate him into the 'great person' category :o :o

Just be careful of this saints supporter (ie 'great person') bearing gifts. Especially if Rogerwa offers a consultancy service to get your St.Kilda supporters TV pub viewing group off the ground. Take care ......it's a very underground movement, but at least it guarantees to get you watching Saints matches live in your state.

However the price is heavy. :( :( The alliance between the ALP & the Greens to run your state is insignifcant to the deals Rogerwa will hold you to in getting up a band of Sainters to watch the footy together in a pub. Actually I don't think he imbibes in your local brew, so you will have a problem :( :(

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Hey come to think of it, as his sister, maybe there is a genetic strain that connects Roger & I. Possibly I also have his skills to be the consultant to orgainse your pub viewings of the Saints live in Hobart.

At least I do love your local beverages.............. I drown myself every week in a variety of Tassie Pinot Noir's.

So "TassieSaintGirl83", head yourself off to the Tamar Valley and grab a few crates of PN for me and I'll be in the 'Apple Isle' poste haste to get your pub viewing group of Sainters organised................who needs Roger when you have got big sister Loris :P :P :P :P
Good to see that you are on the ball on Tassie affairs.........I hope you are sipping a Tassie Pinot right now.......if memory is with me I recall you have a soft spot for the drop...........Now, I am struggling with the idea that the great Roger is your brother............you are the professor type in my imagination while Roger is the Sargent Major (aka task master).....then again all I have to do is look at my two sons..............

I am surprised that the great man has not responded to this thread.........then again he has not posted for a while ........may be he is hibernating or may be he is in Europe and he is ashed in.............!!!!

loris
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:
Now, I am struggling with the idea that the great Roger is your brother............you are the professor type in my imagination while Roger is the Sargent Major (aka task master)
Aaaaah you have correctly identified it "santazzi"................... yep I gained the academic qualifications from a traditional uni, whilst the younger bro graduated from "The School of Hard Knocks".......with hons the family is proud to add :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hence you can see I may have the 'theory' on how to get a mob of Tassie supporters to a pub in Hobart to watch the Saints on telly.................... whereas the little bro has the 'practical skills' to make it happen and organically grow it into a mob of passionate sainters roaring at a TV screen in a pub.

I think I might need a few more Tassie pinots to help me create a praxis between 'theory and practice'. Have you got the cork screw nearby to help me :wink:

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Thanks for the information Loris, I feel perhaps Im not prepared to venture forth into this quite intimidating world that surrounds organizing a meeting of st kilda fans all at one time, in one pub, in front of one tv :)

Glad to hear that you appreciate the lovely local wines :) call me bias but I believe we have the best

I think the best my skills can manage is to say that Round 8, Sunday May 16 against the Bombers, 4.40pm start at Soho is the hot spot to be for hobart saint supporters :wink: