Not AFL, but biggest footy story EVER!!! Storm outed!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milton66
SS Life Member

Milan Faletic wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:Is this Saints Footy?
I don't get it.
Obviously not. :D
Being sarcastic. What relevance does that have in any way to this thread? So funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't get it. :shock:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Batnoe
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
meher baba wrote:I have a sinking feeling that this isn't good news for our club. I hope that Waldron only came up with this idea after he left our midst, but I fear that this won't turn out to be the case.
our 66 flag is safe IMO!

call of the day

But are you sure?? How can it be?

Carn Saints
Saintsfan
Club Player

meher baba wrote:I have a sinking feeling that this isn't good news for our club. I hope that Waldron only came up with this idea after he left our midst, but I fear that this won't turn out to be the case.
This will have no bearing on our ability to win the premiership this year or in the coming few years however. Much like the Lovett issue, losing pick 16 for nothing is not the difference between us and a flag. If we were somehow to get in trouble through association and lose picks well...oh well./..

If and a big if we are found guilty of paying...Brett Moyle....over the salary cap we would not exactly be stripped of anything apart from a dignity...however being a saints supporter....

*disclaimer...Brett Moyle is an example of the talent we had back then hence the choosing in bringing him up

The Saintsfan Cometh
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

What's happening on this forum?

Hard to find the Saints info amongst all this rubbish about Rugby League and Olympics.

I don't give a rat's tossbag about either of them.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:What's happening on this forum?

Hard to find the Saints info amongst all this rubbish about Rugby League and Olympics.

I don't give a rat's tossbag about either of them.
Then you should go look in BigFooty! :)

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I think during Waldron's time the club' fessed up to a couple of breaches with the salary cap.

Maybe Waldron's response after St Kilda getting fined was to make sure the next club he went to didn't get caught by having a second filing cabinet going.

I still feel sick as to where this could lead.

Saintsfan
Club Player

Milton66 wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:Is this Saints Footy?
I don't get it.
Obviously not. :D
Being sarcastic. What relevance does that have in any way to this thread? So funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't get it. :shock:
Don't ruin my joke man, like come on...i am never this funny ever

The Saintsfan Cometh
philip
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:
I think during Waldron's time the club' fessed up to a couple of breaches with the salary cap.

Maybe Waldron's response after St Kilda getting fined was to make sure the next club he went to didn't get caught by having a second filing cabinet going.

ditto.

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I don't want to jump at shadows but comments of players taking lower pays to keep the group together, etc. when Thomo & Waldron were in charge always sounded good.

Remember, Waldron's character was tarnished when he left also. I find the Storm revelations astounding, even for him, but if anything extends to St Kilda during his time, this will be tragic.

His future as the 'all conquering sports administrator' is over.

Sad day for sport all round.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I am pi$$ed off only for my son....

He is in his bedroom crying and the framed signed jumper I purchased for him as a Christmas present is now worthless...

I would like to demand my money back, it cost me over $600 for the item and it was sitting proudly along last years St Kilda framed jumper and Melbourne Victory's Premiership jumper of 2009/2010.

I have zero chance of getting my money back on the Storm Jumper and it is worthless and it ends up being a worthless Christmas and a disgrace to be up on his bedroom wall.

Yep, I am pi$$ed off, not really the fact that's it is now worthless, but the shear disappointment and grief (to put it mildly) it has caused my son.
Last edited by St Fidelius on Thu 22 Apr 2010 7:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Saintsfan
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:

But who in god's name were they paying? All our talented young players were just starting out and would not command too much coin. Hamill and Gehrig were our big players and Harvey would and never was payed that much by comparison.

The Saintsfan Cometh
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:I think during Waldron's time the club' fessed up to a couple of breaches with the salary cap.

minor breaches due to player injuries ect under 30grand are quiet common and a couple of clubs do that every year...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:

But who in god's name were they paying? All our talented young players were just starting out and would not command too much coin. Hamill and Gehrig were our big players and Harvey would and never was payed that much by comparison.
That's what I was thinking, they were all babes back then.

Saintsfan
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
Saintsfan wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:

That's what I was thinking, they were all babes back then.
So we have 3 quality players being paid big money (Harvey less than the other two), a bunch of young high picks and the rest were list clogging duds that rival Richmond's starting 22 currently.

The Saintsfan Cometh
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Guys we did breach the salary cap by like 20 grand due to injury payments (and milney being upgraded) and miss calcualtions like twice the AFL knows this we told them and fined us the same amount that we breached it by.

Nothing to worry about from memory Essendon, Freo and Sydney all did the same.

here you go an article about it

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/newsar ... fault.aspx
Last edited by ausfatcat on Thu 22 Apr 2010 7:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Not AFL, but biggest footy story EVER!!! Storm outed!!

saintsRrising wrote:Storm done for salary cap cheating over 5 years.

All Premierships and minor premierships stripped.
Massive fines.

No more points for any games yet played this year. Corrent points stripped.

Waldron, who recently left, must have been in it up to his neck!!!!!!!!!!
You say ALL PREMIERSHIPS Striped and then you state salary cap cheating over 5 years...

What happens to the the first premiership back in 1999?

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

Massive fines.

You say ALL PREMIERSHIPS Striped and then you state salary cap cheating over 5 years...

The 1999 Premiership is still valid

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Apparantly not cheating back then St Fid

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I'm a flowering Storm Member.

Waldron is completely fuxxord lols.

People WILL go to jail over this. Biggest case of sporting fraud ever....

All over.

You watch, the club will fold.

News Ltd will pull their support, as will the NRL....

They have the best...THE BEST social club....

Well they HAD the best social club.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Massive fines.

The 1999 Premiership is still valid
Thanks, small conciliation to my son who has the framed and signed jumper of the Storm team of last year....

This may (at some stage) go to the General Forum, which I am not a member...

Is there a chance to open a new forum on just sport???

Yes we have an opposition forum but it would be great to have a general sport forum and posters can discuss this topic along with soccer, Olympics and any other sport instead of just having a General Forum....

The General Forum is fine for posters that want to discuss topics outside of sport, but I feel there should be a Sports Forum outside of Aussie Rules...

I hope Battye reads this and considers it.....

philip
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:I am pi$$ed off only for my son....

He is in his bedroom crying and the framed signed jumper I purchased for him as a Christmas present is now worthless...

I would like to demand my money back, it cost me over $600 for the item and it was sitting proudly along last years St Kilda framed jumper and Melbourne Victory's Premiership jumper of 2009/2010.

I have zero chance of getting my money back on the Storm Jumper and it is worthless and it ends up being a worthless Christmas and a disgrace to be up on his bedroom wall.

Yep, I am pi$$ed off, not really the fact that's it is now worthless, but the shear disappointment and grief (to put it mildly) it has caused my son.
St Fid

I'll buy it off you for the price you paid on the condition that you buy your son some more Saints stuff from their shop.

If you are interested, PM me.

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

philip wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:I am pi$$ed off only for my son....

Thanks philip

I will wait a couple of days until he settles down, it just maybe too early to ask him at present.

St Fid

I'll buy it off you for the price you paid on the condition that you buy your son some more Saints stuff from their shop.

If you are interested, PM me.

philip

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

A couple of extra points-

whether or not the players know about it, no doubt the taxman cometh

From a Carlton supporter, worries about them being inspected-Visy ambassadorship anyone?

Ditto Gabblett junior might now to mover to Queensalnd because all deals will be off ( I mean under) the table

Saintsfan
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:

Massive fines.

By the looks of Glenn Lazarus at my gym...he ate it and we are never seeing that premiership ever again

The Saintsfan Cometh
Saintsfan
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:A couple of extra points-

whether or not the players know about it, no doubt the taxman cometh

From a Carlton supporter, worries about them being inspected-Visy ambassadorship anyone?

Ditto Gabblett junior might now to mover to Queensalnd because all deals will be off ( I mean under) the table
Don't paraphrase the Saintsfan cometh

The Saintsfan Cometh