Not AFL, but biggest footy story EVER!!! Storm outed!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:Is this Saints Footy?
I don't get it.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Most glad I am not going to NSW or QLD next week...or even even SA...just imagine the constant ribbing you would get even though one has nothing to do with the Storm.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Just quoted on SEN as John Hartigan saying "Brian Waldron was the architect".

Oh dear.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Who is going to sponsor this club now?

Saintsfan
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:The NRL have another problem and this time in their own head quarters. The storm were backed today to win over one million by finishing last. How could that happen.
bingo...but will the bookies pay out considering the way the wooden spoon is going to be won? Essentially the market has been tampered with (the storm losing everything)

The Saintsfan Cometh
Saintsfan
Club Player

Milan Faletic wrote:
I don't get it.
T'was in jest re our previous discussions about defining our football etc and my disagreement at it all...

The Saintsfan Cometh
Milton66
SS Life Member

Milan Faletic wrote:
I don't get it.
Obviously not. :D

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:Who is going to sponsor this club now?
New Ltd own it and pick up the tab.

Reputedly they have been pumping in vasts sums over the years.....t

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Sobraz
SS Life Member

SENsaintsational wrote:Just quoted on SEN as John Hartigan saying "Brian Waldron was the architect".

Oh dear.
Why "oh dear"??... cos the Storm share the office down at Visy Park??... Maybe Brian picked up his payment scheme from his Visy collegues??

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Two words: Black Sox

It took Babe Ruth to save Major League Baseball from the fallout.

"Say it ain't so Joe!"

The cynic in me thinks that AFL HQ wonders why they didn't think of investing $1.7 Million that way - NRL has just had their "growth" strategy set back 12 years, their fanbase disenfranchised, and now one of the greatest dynasty's in the history of their sport told there's nothing to play for until 2011.

Personally, I bet whichever auditor found those "2nd" books must've wished at least a few times between then and now that they hadn't...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
I don't get it.
Obviously not. :D
Being sarcastic. What relevance does that have in any way to this thread? So funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Thu 22 Apr 2010 6:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The NRL have another problem and this time in their own head quarters. The storm were backed today to win over one million by finishing last. How could that happen.
Actually I heard on radio the bet was $40,000 @ 250-1 which makes the payout$10,000,000 adn not 1 million.

I'd love to know how the NRL can explain that?

Maybe it's those who were the architects of the scheme at Storm who wanted a final 'payday'?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just a very slight clarification on the OP

AFAIK the Storms 1999 flag is not affected..so not stripped of ALL their premierships?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Saintsfan wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
I don't get it.
T'was in jest re our previous discussions about defining our football etc and my disagreement at it all...
I know. I'm laughing my head off. How on earth is that relevant in any way to this thread? Hold on to that slender thread, you may be able to keep using it on any old thread...you King of Comedy!

I'm being jovial too....hilarious isn't it :lol:

mordi
Club Player

he was at Richmond before us...........fat lot of good he did them...

What's the Point of it All?
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Just quoted on SEN as John Hartigan saying "Brian Waldron was the architect".

Oh dear.
Why "oh dear"??... cos the Storm share the office down at Visy Park??... Maybe Brian picked up his payment scheme from his Visy collegues??
Oh dear for two reasons.

I know him.

And odds on, investigations will go through other codes where those people have been. Was just spoken about on SEN. Where has Brian been before?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Actually I heard on radio the bet was $40,000 @ 250-1 which makes the payout $10,000,000 adn not 1 million.

I'd love to know how the NRL can explain that?

Maybe it's those who were the architects of the scheme at Storm who wanted a final 'payday'?
well, they have to pay back the prizemoney so maybe that's how they're planning to do it.

definitely time to try and poach a few more good hunts.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Does anybody seriously believe that the managers of the Storm players had no inkling of what was going on?

And given that they also manage players at other Clubs, that they wouldn't have been asking for similar 'creative arrangements' from clubs other than Melbourne Storm?

This is a far different situation than Carlton where many of the players involved in their rorting were managed by the same manager.

I would suggest that there may well be at least a cursory 'please explain investigation' from the AFL to St Kilda where Brian Waldron was the CEO in the early part of the decade.
Unless of course, as has been suggested earlier in this thread, the scheme was learned at Visy Park?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

BigD wrote:I'm tipping Brian Waldron is waiting out at the International Terminal in dark glasses and a wig for the Argentina flight - Tony Mokabel style!

Most wanted man in Australia right about now.

Shame the planes aren't running....
Too bloody right.

Thank heavens he left us.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Does anybody seriously believe that the managers of the Storm players had no inkling of what was going on?

And given that they also manage players at other Clubs, that they wouldn't have been asking for similar 'creative arrangements' from clubs other than Melbourne Storm?

This is a far different situation than Carlton where many of the players involved in their rorting were managed by the same manager.

I would suggest that there may well be at least a cursory 'please explain investigation' from the AFL to St Kilda where Brian Waldron was the CEO in the early part of the decade.
Unless of course, as has been suggested earlier in this thread, the scheme was learned at Visy Park?
I hope nothing of this magnitude ever comes out in the AFL

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

With Waldron in charge of the new Melbourne Rebels rugby union team, they will have to move quickly to save face as well.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Someone will have to refresh my memory as to how long ago Brian Waldron shifted to the Storm.

But more to the point, do we have something to worry about in our past that may cause the AFL to go looking into our books?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I have a sinking feeling that this isn't good news for our club. I hope that Waldron only came up with this idea after he left our midst, but I fear that this won't turn out to be the case.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

...and meanwhile in semi-related news, tens of thousands of Richmond fans have suddenly decided that the futures not so grim after all, realtively speaking 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I have a sinking feeling that this isn't good news for our club. I hope that Waldron only came up with this idea after he left our midst, but I fear that this won't turn out to be the case.
our 66 flag is safe IMO!