Goddard's crowd killer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Spinner wrote:Goddard kicked it exactly where he wanted to guy - hard into the cheer squad.
You have to be joking.

If you know anything about Goddard you will know that he is probably the most intense and fiercely competitive Saint playing for us.

Just look at the way he gave Zac a serve telling him to pull his finger out during the game.

So IMO I doubt very much that Goddard, when it is still is at a critical stage of the game, would focus on "hitting" the Freo Cheer Squad rather than just foccusing on the game and in kicking the goal.

IMO he would not even have been thinking about the cheersquad, or anyone behind the goals. His only thought would have been to ice the goal.

If you don't want to risk being hit by a football...sit on level 3.
So the best kick just about in the AFl happened to miskick it. Of course he was aiming for the cheer squad. Id be pretty sure he wasnt trying to hurt anyway but he was aiming at them.
Where exactly did I say he mis-kicked it?

I believe he was just aiming for goal. He only got the cheersquad because they were behind the goals. very much doubt that he even thought about the crowd at all.
Does he kick like that normally. I will answer for you. No. By the way if Pav did the same how would it be on this board today?
Silly argument, Pav would never have had space and time to run into an open goal :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

Apparently after the game BJ said: "If he dies, he dies."

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Apparently after the game BJ said: "If he dies, he dies."
Well at least he showed some compassion.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Wed 20 Oct 2010 3:47am, edited 2 times in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Does he kick like that normally. I will answer for you. No.
Would be surprised if he kicked like that normally.

Normally BJ is not on the run kicking at goal. So normally has no relevance.
Players kick at goals in all sorts of ways.

Normally have not seen players kick along the ground like they do at goal in general field play either.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Does he kick like that normally. I will answer for you. No.
Would be surprised if he kicked like that normally.

Normally BJ is not on the run kicking at goal. So normally has no relevance.
Players kick at goals in all sorts of ways.

Normally have not seen players kick along the ground like they do at goal in general field play either.
No but I havent to many kick such a kick as he did either without a reason especially for someone so good at kicking.

Saintsfan
Club Player

He nailed it at the cheersquad like other players do so stop defending him for the sake of it

The Saintsfan Cometh
samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Collingwood had numerous set shots against us from 30 metres out or even closer that missed badly.

So running in under pressure, logic would suggest that it could happen and in fact that it did happen in Goddard's case.

He's only human... he in fact kicked 5 goals 3 behinds... he does miss occasionally.

Anyway collateral damage allows for civilian casualties too... there's also friendly fire... a lot of things happen on a footy field.
Last edited by samoht on Mon 19 Apr 2010 1:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

I would hope that (accident or deliberate does not matter), BJ enquired after the kid (apparently he was treated by first aid) and not necessarily apologise but at least show some concern.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

IF the kid had time to process, here comes ball, I shall try to mark ball, here I GO.....and he gets bowled over.....whos fault is that ??! :roll:

kaos theory
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Spinner wrote:Goddard kicked it exactly where he wanted to guy - hard into the cheer squad.
You have to be joking.

If you know anything about Goddard you will know that he is probably the most intense and fiercely competitive Saint playing for us.

Just look at the way he gave Zac a serve telling him to pull his finger out during the game.

So IMO I doubt very much that Goddard, when it is still is at a critical stage of the game, would focus on "hitting" the Freo Cheer Squad rather than just foccusing on the game and in kicking the goal.

IMO he would not even have been thinking about the cheersquad, or anyone behind the goals. His only thought would have been to ice the goal.

So the best kick just about in the AFl happened to miskick it. Of course he was aiming for the cheer squad. Id be pretty sure he wasnt trying to hurt anyway but he was aiming at them.
And you would know that to be a fact p66 because you know everything.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
You have to be joking.

And you would know that to be a fact p66 because you know everything.
It is my opinion just like you have your opinions. The only thing I know as fact is we had less than 32K members last year as the club admitted. Funny you cant admit it.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

P66 Im sure wouldnt say he knows everything, but he is certainly a first class apologist.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

my coach always told me....when kicking for goal pick something.....read someone.....to aim at.....big deal....kid should have marked it...or ducked......he's a freo supporter ffs...harden the f*** up pple.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

One things for sure, something remarkable always happens v freo. What is it with that? Just keeps happening.

Milton66
SS Life Member

This is a very serious issue which could easily spiral out of control...

In fact, I won't suprised if we soon see legislation that bans footy's in public places... given that can be used as a weapon.

I can just see it now...

"Listen mate, don't fcuk with me allright? I'v got a Sherring under my jumper and so have my mates".

Or Crime Stppers...

"Police are on the hunt for a man who robbed an elderly lafy at the loacl ATM machine. Witnesses say that a man dressed in a Carlton jumer and ski mask was een across the road where he launched a left foot drop punt.. hitting the lady in the head and knocking her to the gorund.

Upon which time, he ran across to collect his footy and run off with $150 in cash".

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Far out, this is such a non-issue it's not funny.

The cheer squad sits right behind the goal. When BJ kicked the goal, he was virtually directly in front. Where else was he going to aim the ball? Into the empty seats on the right? And miss the goal?

Get a grip. It's a game of footy. You sit behind the goals, you know the risks.

The Saints are coming!
ace
Saintsational Legend

If the AFL doesn't like it they can leeave the nets in place.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
kaos theory
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
It is my opinion just like you have your opinions. The only thing I know as fact is we had less than 32K members last year as the club admitted. Funny you cant admit it.
Well, its good that you can hang you hat on something...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
You have to be joking.

This thread has some use at least.

Its been interesting to find out who shares an unbiased fair and balanced opinion.

So far about three.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:
meher baba wrote:No way in the whole wild world that Goddard was aiming at the crowd.

The idea that a professional footballer lining up for a crucial, hurried shot on goal in the middle of a close game, without 100% certainty that he wasn't about to be run down, would have the time to think "hey, I'll deliberately aim at the crowd and hurt somebody" is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on Saintsational.

He stabbed at it because - like most players - he thought that he was less likely to miss that way than if he kicked it high in the air.

Get real.....
100% Correct.

Some people are just plain stupid.

Great analysis!

Very balanced! And very detailed and precise...Very in depth.

Much unlike the simple explanation he just wanted to nail it into the crowd....Considering it was an open goal.

8-)

Its not a coincidence only supporters on here cant acknowledge he drilled it in....Funny how the rest of the football world can.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
kaos theory wrote:
meher baba wrote:No way in the whole wild world that Goddard was aiming at the crowd.

The idea that a professional footballer lining up for a crucial, hurried shot on goal in the middle of a close game, without 100% certainty that he wasn't about to be run down, would have the time to think "hey, I'll deliberately aim at the crowd and hurt somebody" is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on Saintsational.

He stabbed at it because - like most players - he thought that he was less likely to miss that way than if he kicked it high in the air.

Get real.....
100% Correct.

Some people are just plain stupid.

Great analysis!

Very balanced! And very detailed and precise...Very in depth.

Much unlike the simple explanation he just wanted to nail it into the crowd....Considering it was an open goal.

8-)

Its not a coincidence only supporters on here cant acknowledge he drilled it in....Funny how the rest of the football world can.
You know the rest of the footy world pick on us.

St Michele
Club Player

Just had the promo for sport here in Perth and BJ is apologising to a WA Footy fan ao I assume that is what it is about unless of course he is apologising fir us winning the game :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
The darkness
Club Player

Of course he drilled it ! Right through the big sticks for a goal !
The fact that a kid copped it was unfortunate but BJ did not consciously single the kid out as some may suggest.
Unfortunate yes, deliberate no.
Great win by the way, lucky he did drill it and made sure it went through. What would be saying if BJ missed it because we find out later that he didnt want to hit the kid in the freo cheersquad ?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
You have to be joking.

This thread has some use at least.

Its been interesting to find out who shares an unbiased fair and balanced opinion.

So far about three.
Yes amazing how Goddard anticiapted that the kid would stand up on his seat and try and mark the ball....just so good ole dead eye dick BJ could knock him over!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the kid had not stood up on the seat the ball would have sailed into the empty seats behind him...but yet some in this thread have BJ as deliberately picking out the cheer squad to hit them.... :roll:

BJ is just very competitive....the type of guy that will slam it home rather than dribble it through...and that is all it was despite the conspiracy theories.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....