Changes Next Week...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sam23
SS Life Member

Changes Next Week...

Great win and all that today.

Lacked that long kick to a tall forward despite Goddard being a star today, the guy is a beast!

For me

IN: Koschitzke
OUT: Dawson.

Just don't see a spot for Cougar unfortunately, made a good fist of it up forward today but he is very shaky down back...

Gwilt, Blake, Fisher, Gilbert all doing enough.

Goddard.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes Next Week...

Sam23 wrote:Great win and all that today.

Lacked that long kick to a tall forward despite Goddard being a star today, the guy is a beast!

For me

Just don't see a spot for Cougar unfortunately, made a good fist of it up forward today but he is very shaky down back...

Yep.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Kosi / BJ fwd line?

Today showed we need Fisher down back.

It will be an interesting week.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Agree. Dawson has been horrid this season and we've got enough options down back to make do without him.

B: Gwilt, Blake, Baker
HB: Gram, S.Fisher, Gilbert
C: Montagna, Hayes, Ray
HF: McQualter, Goddard, Peake
F: Milne, Koschitzke, Schneider

Foll: Gardiner, Dal Santo, Jones
Int: Armitage, Clarke, Geary, King

rexy
SS Life Member

Cant see us not picking a genuine FB, thought Peake was average and Gramm is coming dangerously close to, if you cant put your head over it and win it you can have a week off time, not for the first time in his career either obviously. Dawson was ok in my book.

Maybe this year?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Cant see us not picking a genuine FB, thought Peake was average and Gramm is coming dangerously close to, if you cant put your head over it and win it you can have a week off time, not for the first time in his career either obviously. Dawson was ok in my book.
What is Gram close to?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rexy wrote:Cant see us not picking a genuine FB, thought Peake was average and Gramm is coming dangerously close to, if you cant put your head over it and win it you can have a week off time, not for the first time in his career either obviously. Dawson was ok in my book.
What is Gram close to?
BOG next week perhaps?

Sam23
SS Life Member

People are desperate to make Gram a whipping boy.

One poorish game and rexy already calling for his head?

Goddard.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:Great win and all that today.

For me

yep easy one change. Mini was close during the first half but his tackles started sticking

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
degruch
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Cant see us not picking a genuine FB...
Didn't see Dawson today, but this statement is very relevant to me. Can't think of anyone else to throw on Tredrea. I can't remember Blake ever really tearing it up against Port, and Zac did the job easy last year.

Horses for courses I guess, but on an old skool FF, we could probably use an old skool FB.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

King is another possibility. Kosi could ruck.

Please don't hit me.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Sam23
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
Didn't see Dawson today, but this statement is very relevant to me. Can't think of anyone else to throw on Tredrea. I can't remember Blake ever really tearing it up against Port, and Zac did the job easy last year.

Horses for courses I guess, but on an old skool FF, we could probably use an old skool FB.
Is Dawson more of a FB than Blake or Fisher tho?

Has looked poor in every game to date.

Not even reading the ball anymore. Always initiates body contact and isn't strong enough to out body the big FFs.

I thought he was good last year but hasn't looked great this year.

Maybe McEvoy in for King as well this week seeing McEvoy was good today for Sandy.

Goddard.
rexy
SS Life Member

Sam23 wrote:People are desperate to make Gram a whipping boy.

One poorish game and rexy already calling for his head?
Not desperate for anyone to be a wipping boy, and not worried about skill errors or kick and hand ball stats. What i saw tonight happens from time to time with Jason Gram. He gets a bit soft and stops playing saints footy. Would rather stand at the back of the pack and hope it comes out, goes one handed at the contest rather than get behind the ball, refuses to get down low and get dirty to win posession, sweats on his opponent and tries to tackle rather than trying to get to the ball first and win posession.

These are all attitude things, things that anyone can do well, let alone talented footballers like Gram. I was disappointed with his effort tonight. Not interested in his head though.

Maybe this year?
Milton66
SS Life Member

Maybe he's instructed to saty back in the chance of getting the ball?

Commonly known as "outside" players... that's their role.

Have we considered this possibility?

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Sam23
SS Life Member

Gram comes under way to much criticism and is a player that regularly cops it at the Game along with Raph (even during his great game today) irregardless of how well they are playing.

Goddard.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Not even reading the ball anymore. Always initiates body contact and isn't strong enough to out body the big FFs.

Maybe McEvoy in for King as well this week seeing McEvoy was good today for Sandy.
Fisher is more of a running back, not a stopper. Zac's job SHOULD be to stop big forwards...something he used to be good at only recently. I certainly would not try Blake or Fisher on Tredrea, but I'm definately no master-coach (he says, shaking his head at this weeks DT results).

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:King is another possibility. Kosi could ruck.

Please don't hit me.
I agree with you, and rotate Kosi in the ruck and up forward...

Solar
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Sam23 wrote:
degruch wrote:

Fisher is more of a running back, not a stopper. Zac's job SHOULD be to stop big forwards...something he used to be good at only recently. I certainly would not try Blake or Fisher on Tredrea, but I'm definately no master-coach (he says, shaking his head at this weeks DT results).
chips played on brown last year and will be needed when playing the likes of the lions

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Sam23
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
Sam23 wrote:
degruch wrote:

I don't disagree*, but ATM Dawson is not a stopper, nor a running back.

*yes i no double negative.

Goddard.
battye
Saintsational Legend

His (Dawson) kicking was exposed on Fox today, he has a very high drop - which is why he shanked a few kicks.

I am a bit worried about his place in the side too, he looks really lost at full back - he is poor in one on one contests.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
rexy
SS Life Member

Milton66 wrote:Maybe he's instructed to saty back in the chance of getting the ball?

Commonly known as "outside" players... that's their role.

Have we considered this possibility?
When your talking about one on one contests or ball in dispute on a wing or something like that then no, I dont beleive he is told not to put his head over it and try and win it. Not asking for him to be the hard ball king like a Armo or Ball, what I am saying and I am sure I have said before is, at some stage in every game, every player has to make a decision that they are going to put their body on the line and try and win the hard pill. Gram goes through stages where he will not do that, he has been dropped before IMO for the same thing with good results and has come back better for it. Today looked to me like he was back at that point, no doubt will be spoken to by coaches etc.....

Theres no room for outside players in Saints footy, thats why Dal Santo is now a genuine star and cant be tagged easily out of games, because he doesnt think its ok to be an outside player anymore.

Maybe this year?
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:
How are blake, fisher and gilbert fringe players? if thats what you were suggesting.

Sainter for life.
Sam23
SS Life Member

SaintSimmo wrote:
Sam23 wrote:
How are blake, fisher and gilbert fringe players? if thats what you were suggesting.
haha nah mate.

They are all doing enough as our key position backs :wink:

Goddard.
rexy
SS Life Member

SaintSimmo wrote:
Sam23 wrote:
Dont think that was being suggested at all. What they were saying was, we can do with out Dawson as these guys can cover for him and play on the talls etc.

Maybe this year?
SaintSimmo
Club Player

rexy wrote:]
but I'm definately no master-coach (he says, shaking his head at this weeks DT results).
haha

Sainter for life.