David Parkin on Roo on Fox League Teams

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

David Parkin on Roo on Fox League Teams

The panel of Brian Taylor, Rohan Smith, Tony Shaw and Parko were all asked whether we can cover the loss of Roo for not just 5 weeks, but 16 weeks.

Everyone except Parko said yes.

Tony Shaw emphasised the importance of Kosi.

Rohan Smith mentioned that we regrouped and played the same footy with different names against Collingwood.

All of them emphasised the defence of St Kilda and how we can restrict their scoring and win games with 10 goals.

Then the voice of doom Parko, who I do respect, said he is probably the most important player to one team, in the AFL.

He also said he is concerned that Roo will never be the same again. He cited the examples of Buckley and Richo at the end of their careers.

Rohan Smith ripped his hammy off the bone but in his words said he had the same op as Roo. He had 5 months of rehab, 5 days a week. He still feels it 12 months later, but he did say that this happened post AFL and Roo is a superbly fit athlete. They actually showed vision of his op.

I think Roo is a lot younger than Richo and Buckley and the medical rehab is a lot better now than in their years of recovery.

Anyway, time will tell.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: David Parkin on Roo on Fox League Teams

Milan Faletic wrote:The panel of Brian Taylor, Rohan Smith, Tony Shaw and Parko were all asked whether we can cover the loss of Roo for not just 5 weeks, but 16 weeks.

Rohan Smith mentioned that we regrouped and played the same footy with different names against Collingwood.

All of them emphasised the defence of St Kilda and how we can restrict their scoring and win games with 10 goals.

Then the voice of doom Parko, who I do respect, said he is probably the most important player to one team, in the AFL.

He also said he is concerned that Roo will never be the same again. He cited the examples of Buckley and Richo at the end of their careers.

Rohan Smith ripped his hammy off the bone but in his words said he had the same op as Roo. He had 5 months of rehab, 5 days a week. He still feels it 12 months later, but he did say that this happened post AFL and Roo is a superbly fit athlete. They actually showed vision of his op.

I think Roo is a lot younger than Richo and Buckley and the medical rehab is a lot better now than in their years of recovery.

Anyway, time will tell.
Heard that Mil.

At the end of the day we optimists may be proven wrong but in the meantime it pi...s me off no end having to listen to these Al Gore type doomsdayers.

For every worse than expected recovery there is a better than expected recovery. And everything about our skipper is better than expected :)

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Parkin? Would that be the Hawthorn back pocket? Coach of North Melbourne and Carlton? Or, the revered medico who has been a boon to sports science?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:The panel of Brian Taylor, Rohan Smith, Tony Shaw and Parko were all asked whether we can cover the loss of Roo for not just 5 weeks, but 16 weeks.

Anyway, time will tell.
Roo tore the tendon. Smith tore the tendon from the bone.

Poles apart. Ill-informed discussion.

Fuhgedaboutit....

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:

Anyway, time will tell.

Fuhgedaboutit....
The operation on Roo is actually more difficult than the full tear because they have to mesh the tendon to the muscle. Like joining two steaks together in layman's terms.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
The operation on Roo is actually more difficult than the full tear because they have to mesh the tendon to the muscle. Like joining two steaks together in layman's terms.
More difficult for the surgeon is irrelevant.

A hamstring off the bone is a much more severe injury as it is complete break.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Anyway, time will tell.

Fuhgedaboutit....
Roo has said that it is a tendon injury and has nothing to do with the muscle and that's why they went with surgery, to make sure the tendon is as strong as before the injury.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Parkin's past it...

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Fair call, Bernard. I stand corrected.

You're not starting to follow me again are you?

You wouldn't have a thread to respond to, if I didn't post a summary of the Fox League Teams, but no thank for the effort, unlike other posters.

Haven't heard anything from you about other positive posts of mine like the Saints Footy thread, but now two posts to argue. No positivity about my summary of Roo's interview. No positivity when I gave that other poster the times for the replay of the Coll game when you were on that thread and that poster thanked me.

Yet, I have posted to you a couple of times agreeing with you and asking your opinion with no response.

Please don't start again. I have had a great time posting with other posters who have been very constructive in their debates, despite others calling them trouble makers.

I continue to have trouble with ONLY you and I don't know why. I am just looking for balance.

Keep an eye, Mods.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:
More difficult for the surgeon is irrelevant.

A hamstring off the bone is a much more severe injury as it is complete break.
Fair call, sRr.

I appreciate your thanks for delivering the info from that show.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I read that as well, the surgery is not actually neccessary to the natural healing process, it's just supposed to return him to the same capacity when he recovers...

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:Fair call, Bernard. I stand corrected.

You wouldn't have a thread to respond to, if I didn't post a summary of the Fox League Teams, but no thank for the effort, unlike other posters.

Haven't heard anything from you about other positive posts of mine like the Saints Footy thread, but now two posts to argue. No positivity about my summary of Roo's interview. No positivity when I gave that other poster the times for the replay of the Coll game when you were on that thread and that poster thanked me.

Yet, I have posted to you a couple of times agreeing with you and asking your opinion with no response.

Please don't start again. I have had a great time posting with other posters who have been very constructive in their debates, despite others calling them trouble makers.

I continue to have trouble with ONLY you and I don't know why. I am just looking for balance.

Keep an eye, Mods.
You really are a sad case Milan.

I'm not really interested in what you post at all and I don't spend the whole day checking what I or anyone else has posted, so don't be surprised if I don't respond to your "positive posts".

I only post when I feel the impulse to do so and only when I feel I have something to contribute. I try not to post the bleeding obvious. If you feel that's being negative, that's fine with me. As far as I'm concerned my posts are positive. They positively reflect what I feel is in the best interests of the St Kilda Football Club.

Rest assured I'm not stalking you Milan, If the truth be known I often refrain from posting to avoid upsetting you. I wonder how many others do likewise.

Saintsfan
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Fair call, Bernard. I stand corrected.

Keep an eye, Mods.
You really are a sad case Milan.

I'm not really interested in what you post at all and I don't spend the whole day checking what I or anyone else has posted, so don't be surprised if I don't respond to your "positive posts".

I only post when I feel the impulse to do so and only when I feel I have something to contribute. I try not to post the bleeding obvious. If you feel that's being negative, that's fine with me. As far as I'm concerned my posts are positive. They positively reflect what I feel is in the best interests of the St Kilda Football Club.

Rest assured I'm not stalking you Milan, If the truth be known I often refrain from posting to avoid upsetting you. I wonder how many others do likewise.
It's a forum. Debate away.

Milan does have a bit of a case of know-it-all-ism as seen in the Saints Footy thread.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Next week will be interesting at uni... my Principles of Human Structure lecturer already mentioned Riewoldt in today's lecture about the bones and joints of the lower limbs and Monday's lecture will be "Lower limb 2 - muscles & movements"... the prac on the Wednesday will be on the limbs as well. It will be very interesting to see the structure of the hammy and having a look at what he injured, albeit on an uninjured specimen.

kaos theory
Club Player

Anyway, time will tell
Oh FFS!

I saw that too. Its complete bollocks.

Parko has NO friggen idea about Roos injury. He wrongly compares it to different types of injuries.

When will people wake up and reliase this fundamental fact about the media:

"Ex-footballers/coaches who now work in the media are THE laziest & poorly prepared commentators. They never do the detail research & assessment before they mouth off. They talk in generalities and because of their over-inflated egos think they can say whatever comes into their heads and its the truth."

Journos are bad enough, but ex-footballers/coachs are the worst!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:

"Ex-footballers/coaches who now work in the media are THE laziest & poorly prepared commentators. They never do the detail research & assessment before they mouth off. They talk in generalities and because of their over-inflated egos think they can say whatever comes into their heads and its the truth."

True..

Though some coaches talking on the actual football can be good. ie I always find Matthews worth listening too.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 16 Apr 2010 1:40pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:

Milan you are developing one HUGE chip on your shoulder. You seem very insecure.

I often thank posters..but not always and moreso if others have always done so.

Seriously do you expect say everyone that posts in a thread to thank the OP?

Would make for a boring reading and useless threads.

But yes well done for taking the time to report on what you watched. Well done to the many that take the time to report what they see hear, or think...but hey no one should get pissed off that everyone who reads the thread does not thank the OP.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Im so sick of the "most important single player to any one team" crap. i hope we don't drop a game before Roo comes back just so these idiots shut up.

Lance Franklin didn't fire for the Hawks and it could be equally said he is the Hawks most important. He scores a good percentage of their goals. Most teams have a similar player who sets up or dictates play.

Like most teams we have our superstar player but that doesn't mean that the rest of them stand around watching him play.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Im so sick of the "most important single player to any one team" crap. i hope we don't drop a game before Roo comes back just so these idiots shut up.

Lance Franklin didn't fire for the Hawks and it could be equally said he is the Hawks most important. He scores a good percentage of their goals. Most teams have a similar player who sets up or dictates play.

Like most teams we have our superstar player but that doesn't mean that the rest of them stand around watching him play.
I get sick of it as well, good motivation for the boys though 8-)

I think Jonathan Brown has passed Roo this year as the most 'important to a side' based on the fact that they do not have a large goal spread and he kicks a fair chunk of them.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Totally agree that Brown is taking the single most important tag. And you would have have to say Fev has caught a bit of Kosiitis. He gets the scraps left for him and keeps out of the way until then.

Saintsfan
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:

Milan you are developing one HUGE chip on your shoulder. You seem very insecure.

I often thank posters..but not always and moreso if others have always done so.

Seriously do you expect say everyone that posts in a thread to thank the OP?

Would make for a boring reading and useless threads.

But yes well done for taking the time to report on what you watched. Well done to the many that take the time to report what they see hear, or think...but hey no one should get pissed off that everyone who reads the thread does not thank the OP.
Perhaps it is his role to be the one with the chip on his or her shoulder considering the new world order?

Nobosy is that lonely in the 'real' world that they need to be asked for thanks regarding a thread of what they heard on the television. It is hardly confidential information.

Me thinks he has a role to play with his little gang and is playing it quite well.

The Saintsfan Cometh
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Parkin? Would that be the Hawthorn back pocket? Coach of North Melbourne and Carlton? Or, the revered medico who has been a boon to sports science?

Two out of three, Bernard. Dont believe he coached Nth Melb.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

In response to Bernard, sRr and saintsfan.

Bernard, you are right. I was a little distracted last night. I fully accept your call and your reasons for posting and I retract what I said. However, no need to call me a sad person. Once again, a personal comment. I didn't go at you personally. I know I did last time and I am sorry for that and I am not proud of that. I did ask you a question about Raph Clarke on another thread about Marngrook. I asked whether you thought he would play on Sunday. You never answered that though, even though it was friendly. Yet you found two other posts to contradict me on. That's what annoyed me.

sRr. Have no problem with you as a poster and I was a little precious last night. Sorry.

saintsfan. You just jumped on the bandwagon because on the "Saints Footy" thread 22 posters agreed with me, including sRr. 3 disagreed and 1 was neutral. Even you agreed that there is nothing wrong with the club's marketing department trying to increase revenue with a catch phrase.

My OP was my opinion on how the team can cover the loss of Roo. To me, Saints Footy is playing for the jumper rather than the player and I was just trying to show the supporters IMHO, how we have the players, the structure and the ability to play the same type of footy (Saints Footy) without Roo. You just couldn't concede even though the overwhelming majority were against you.

Once again, I didn't attack anyone personally or insult anyone.

I welcome debate and I had a moment of weakness last night. Sometimes while still battling some personal issues, I can have my moments. I will try to think twice before posting.
Last edited by Milan Faletic on Fri 16 Apr 2010 8:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:In response to Bernard, sRr and saintsfan.

Bernard, you are right. I was a little distracted last night. I fully accept your call and your reasons for posting and I retract what I said. However, no need to call me a sad person. Once again, a personal comment. I didn't go at you personally. I know I did last time and I am sorry for that and I am not proud of that.

sRr. Same. Have no problem with you as a poster and I was a little precious last night. Sorry.

saintsfan. You just jumped on the bandwagon because on the "Saints Footy" thread 22 posters agreed with me, including sRr. 3 disagreed and 1 was neutral. Even you agreed that there is nothing wrong with the club's marketing department trying to increase revenue with a catch phrase.

My OP was my opinion on how the team can cover the loss of Roo. To me, Saints Footy is playing for the jumper rather than the player and I was just trying to show the supporters IMHO, how we have the players, the structure and the ability to play the same type of footy (Saints Footy) without Roo. You just couldn't concede even though the overwhelming majority were against you.

Once again, I didn't attack anyone personally or insult anyone.

I welcome debate and I had a moment of weakness last night. Sometimes while still battling some personal issues, I can have my moments. I will try to think twice before posting.
No problems..we all including me sometimes post what we should not.

You have been posting lots of good stuff of late...so keep it up. Cheers.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

kaos theory wrote:

Post of the year Kaos!