Tex Perkins on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Tex Perkins on SEN

I like tex, but fair dinkum. Being a saints man as he claims, I think its poor form to perpetuate this "sook" and "crying" bulls*** when talking about Nick. We cop enough of that bulls*** already from all and sundry. Pretty poor I thought, especially given recent events. Not impressed.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Tex who?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

More to do with Brisbane people, I took it as.

Sounds like a good Saints man.

Chose the Saints and re-iterated that to be a Saints fan means not to devalue glory.

Aint that the case.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Yeah Joffa, probably true that, I just thought why even bring it up when given a chance to give your thoughts on him. Im probably taking it too seriously :D

I did find his anicdote re the GF and the taste in the mouth funny I have to say.

By the way, love the pic in the new sig! :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Tex who?

i have never heard of him actually.....what ?...he calling roo a sook is he...?.. ff .....that stands for f****** fool.... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Tex who?

i have never heard of him actually.....what ?...he calling roo a sook is he...?.. ff .....that stands for f****** fool.... :wink:
I don't know him either. Singer or something is he?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

He is a singer yeay, cruel sea and solo stuff, anyway..

Didnt call him a sook to be fair, just bought up the topic of Roo and how hell always be known for crying, nothing he will do will ive that down blah blah, how he has taken the mantle from Max for crying yada yada..

Probably said with tongue in cheek, but too be honest didnt sound like it.

Im probably just too sensitve with this s*** at the moment though.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

IMO, Tex Perkins is the second most overrated popular musician in Australia (behind Paul Kelly).

Both of these gentlemen are endlessly puffed up in the media, but - having lived with people who own their CDs - I can honestly say that I have never been able to listen to more than 3 or 4 of their tracks in a row without totally losing interest.

Nick Cave: now there's a talent!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
na exa
Club Player

(behind Paul Kelly)
wow.

now , thats a big call.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Slagging off Paul Kelly and Tex Perkins. Are you for real? You've obviously never seen them live. Wanna take a dig at Mark Seymour, Bernard Fanning and Tim Rogers while you're going?

You're right above Nick Cave though.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:Slagging off Paul Kelly and Tex Perkins. Are you for real? You've obviously never seen them live. Wanna take a dig at Mark Seymour, Bernard Fanning and Tim Rogers while you're going?
Have seen Paul Kelly live and found it a yawn: great musicianship, but soporific music and banal lyrics. I know lots of people who love him, but he doesn't do anything for me.

Haven't seen Tex live, so you might have a point there.

I have always liked the Hunters and Collectors and Powderfinger: a live H&C concert in Canberra 20 odd years ago was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Love the overall sound of You Am I, but Rogers sings out of tune and that's always been a bit of a turn-off for me (cf. Jenny Morris, Madonna, Ed Kuepper - why oh why did he and Chris Bailey have to have a falling out).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Fair enough, at least you know what you're talking about. I'd like to continue the conversation but we'll probably get told off for being off-topic.

I must say though, I've never heard Tim Rogers compared to Madonna, but I'd love to hear her do Berlin Chair. haha.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Actually, if we're gonna talk about The Saints, then technically that isn't off-topic.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:Actually, if we're gonna talk about The Saints, then technically that isn't off-topic.
Yes, some of their song titles also seem relevant

"Everyday's a Holiday, Every Night's a Party" (St Kilda in the 1970s and 1980s)

"Everything's Fine" (Hamill: 2 weeks)

"New Centre of the Universe" (Seaford, or perhaps the "members only" General Forum)

"I'm Misunderstood" (for Rodgerfox)

"Know Your Product" (Saints Footy)

"This Perfect Day" (Saturday 25 September 2010: I hope)

- Jonathan Swift
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Haha!! Very clever!!

I guess Nick would have been lying on the Etihad Stadium turf last Friday night thinking of the obvious one "I'm Stranded".

stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:IMO, Tex Perkins is the second most overrated popular musician in Australia (behind Paul Kelly).

Both of these gentlemen are endlessly puffed up in the media, but - having lived with people who own their CDs - I can honestly say that I have never been able to listen to more than 3 or 4 of their tracks in a row without totally losing interest.

never heard of tex,,,but fully agree with you re paul kelly......except...you are more tolerant than me.... i turn off after first few bars......love nick cave.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:Wanna take a dig at Mark Seymour, Bernard Fanning and Tim Rogers while you're going?

shrugs shoulders ......never heard of any of them...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

realdeal
Club Player

Tex is king!

Paul Kelly at Meredith Festival last year was amazing, Cruel Sea reforming to play at Golden Plains in the rain this year..amazing!

You people gotta get out more or learn some oz music history! :D :wink:

But yeah I think he meant thats the feedback he's gotten from Brisbane fans thats all.

He was right about having to be a bit special to be a saints fan tho.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:IMO, Tex Perkins is the second most overrated popular musician in Australia (behind Paul Kelly).

GHARKKK!!! *sprays coffee over monitor*

Nick freakin' Cave???

Where's my copy of TISM's 'Morrison Hostel' when I need it?

You were right about the other two though.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

realdeal wrote:Tex is king!

Paul Kelly at Meredith Festival last year was amazing, Cruel Sea reforming to play at Golden Plains in the rain this year..amazing!

You people gotta get out more or learn some oz music history! :D :wink:
Or as DC Root would put it, "I wish I was Tex Perkins, he's a killer with the ladies, he's every sun kissed Aussie girls, favourite kind o' shady, Lascivious, oblivious, in his gasoline stained dacks, he waits to meet your daughter on the wrong side of the tracks.................." :lol:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Much as admire his place in the whole Oz music history thing, Paul Kelly is kinda boring...As for Tex... Beasts were tops. Cruel Sea were tops. Tex, Don and Charlie remain tops. But that novelty crap with the absolute ZENITH of overrated singer/songwriters Tim Rogers (stick to bands, fella) was IMHO breathtakingly nauseous.

Still, glad he's a Saint. Hope he's paid up.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Jimmy1972
Club Player

The point is he is a fare weather supporter. Where has he been for the past 20 years. On drugs :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

You've obviously never seen or heard the Beasts of Bourbon.

Tex would be the best front man in Australian rock 10 years ago, along with Rob Younger.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
loris
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Beno88 wrote:Wanna take a dig at Mark Seymour, Bernard Fanning and Tim Rogers while you're going?

me too stinger...and Tex whoever........ who sounds like a cowboy from Gene Audrey's day. Did Tex sing..... 'Hi Ho Silver' :? :? :?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
stinger wrote:

me too stinger...and Tex whoever........ who sounds like a cowboy from Gene Audrey's day. Did Tex sing..... 'Hi Ho Silver' :? :? :?
No, that was Jeff Beck with Hi Ho Silver Lining.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell