GENERAL FORUM RE-OPENED FOR ONE MONTH TRIAL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Interesting timing I thought tonight

What with the Polish delegation going down in a plane crash

The situation in Kyrgistan

Red shirt riots in Bangkok bankrolled by Big Business

Deir Yassin anniversary

Drug addicts offered cash to stop reproducing

I havent had so many topics to post in months

... and yet, still my request is pending

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Admin/Mods can't hack any suggestion for improvement to Saintsational, so to prevent any suggestions being made, they hide all access to the General Forum.

Good one guys. :roll:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
PLUGGER14
Club Player

JLH where r u :cry: :cry:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote:JLH where r u :cry: :cry:
She's still in the General Forum, but she's lonely. :(

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Lol ulterior motive?

Our ulterior motive is to try to give reasonable people a choice whether they want to be associated with the General Forum.

Id like to hear what your suspicions are, though.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Lol ulterior motive?

Our ulterior motive is to try to give reasonable people a choice whether they want to be associated with the General Forum.

That they could already do under the previous set up - either go in or not

Dont know why you have to hide it away like you have under the guise of "choice"

So only those in the know of the GF can participate

I think you know very very well what I'm talking about

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

and might I also point out, the measures you have put in place are generally only applied when there is a troll problem

To date, I dont believe we have had a single troll in the GF and I would welcome any game trolls willing to take on the General Forumites

I'm sorry once again, your "Freedom Of Choice" argument doesnt stack up

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

HardSaint wrote:

That they could already do under the previous set up - either go in or not

Dont know why you have to hide it away like you have under the guise of "choice"

So only those in the know of the GF can participate

I think you know very very well what I'm talking about
+1 that man.

na exa
Club Player

whats the most sensitive muscle in your body andy , when your playing with yourself ?

you could ask ya mate steve.5kirby ... he'd know the answer for sure.

but , i have untold faith that you already know !!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

The worst post by far i have had to read on this forum for dishonesty. How can there be choice when no one can access a forum that 99% of users had used within the forum rules. No explanation offered, no warning to the sudden closure.
Tell us the real reason for denying everyone access to the General Forum?
You have a long way to go before you reach the powers of a real censoring dictatorship.
Who has told you to close the general forum down? You want to control people as to what ideas and thoughts can be shared,to stop free discussion.
Occasionally i have picked up useful thoughts and ideas from the discussions whether contributed from left or right of politics, even from both religious and non religious standpoints.

Instead someone, to which you agree with has, decided that the General forum is not worth keeping. Not enough teenage dross in it.

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

The role of sport in the Empire is to be encouraged for it facilitates mass gatherings and a demonstration of shared will to pour aspirations into tribal, parchochial yet ultimately meaningless outcomes

This in turn negates the tendency of humans in community to gather under other pretenses thereby deflecting the opportunity for social dissidence and resentment of the unjust actions and policies of the Empire.

Under no circumstances, can the overwhelming state / media / administered encouragement of sport and the resultant mass demonstration of support be allowed to foster discussion of anything other than the tribal pursuit for one spark of reality and logic may burn down the barn

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

Some very good points in there Hilaire.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

It certainly is an interesting turn of events. It does appear that there is more to the story. Wonder what the software issue can be?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
battye
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:It certainly is an interesting turn of events. It does appear that there is more to the story. Wonder what the software issue can be?
If you are talking about this post; "It's just a limitation of the software, everyone is getting approved."

What I was alluding to is that there is no option to allow access straight away, the software is written in such a way that an admin must click approve first. If access could be given straight away then that's would have been done, as everyone is getting approved anyway. :)

And as I have mentioned a few times, the reason it has been done is so that people don't have to be associated with the General Forum if they don't want to. There's no more to the story :)

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:It certainly is an interesting turn of events. It does appear that there is more to the story. Wonder what the software issue can be?
If you are talking about this post; "It's just a limitation of the software, everyone is getting approved."

What I was alluding to is that there is no option to allow access straight away, the software is written in such a way that an admin must click approve first. If access could be given straight away then that's would have been done, as everyone is getting approved anyway. :)

And as I have mentioned a few times, the reason it has been done is so that people don't have to be associated with the General Forum if they don't want to. There's no more to the story :)
Would it have killed anybody Battye to give appropriate warning beforehand?

An extremely high-handed attitude to just have the Gen Forum disappear from our screens in just a blink of an eye.

The Forum probably doesn't mean much to you, but to others it is an important part of the SS experience.

battye
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
battye wrote:

Would it have killed anybody Battye to give appropriate warning beforehand?

An extremely high-handed attitude to just have the Gen Forum disappear from our screens in just a blink of an eye.

The Forum probably doesn't mean much to you, but to others it is an important part of the SS experience.
I don't think the change was big enough to warrant any advance notice. For the first night I know that n1ck and I were both keeping a close eye on the list of users to make sure everyone was getting approved quickly, I doubt the turnaround time would have been any more than 15 minutes. Even now I am checking the list several times a day to make sure everyone is being approved, as I'm sure n1ck is too.

It seems that everyone has found the forum pretty quickly, so I don't think anything has been removed from the General Forum experience.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote: I don't think the change was big enough to warrant any advance notice.
With respect, and IMHO, a gross underestimation.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough you think it was a big deal - I understand that and apologise for not making an announcement beforehand.

We didnt think it was a huge deal. We are not blocking anyone from using it, as battye has already said, everyone is being 'approved' for want of a better word.

There is no ulterior motive. Plenty of people have joined the GF, and plenty more are, every day - thus its hard to conclude that we've hidden the GF from anybody.

As he's also said, we check a few times a day to make sure nobody has to wait too long.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Fair enough you think it was a big deal - I understand that and apologise for not making an announcement beforehand.

We didnt think it was a huge deal. We are not blocking anyone from using it, as battye has already said, everyone is being 'approved' for want of a better word.

There is no ulterior motive. Plenty of people have joined the GF, and plenty more are, every day - thus its hard to conclude that we've hidden the GF from anybody.

As he's also said, we check a few times a day to make sure nobody has to wait too long.
n!ck, may I say this....

I have not been a huge supporter of you on personal reasons, but I must say that your posts have been without doubt been fair and very reasonable and have you have never responded to my outbursts against you on that personal reason...

You really can't provide a happy environment to suit everyone and that's a fact that all you admin and mod staff well and truly know.

I really don't see why some on here are complaining to be honest....

The posters still have this site to join and can continue to banter gee what's the problem???

These people can also elect to join a facebook (which was not around when damien started this web site)

For those stop the F*** complaining, you still have the option of joining the General Forum in any case, sop why the F*** complain???

Join up with some twitter or facebook if you don't like it FFS.

Too hard and impossible to please everyone

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
n1ck wrote:Fair enough you think it was a big deal - I understand that and apologise for not making an announcement beforehand.

n!ck, may I say this....

I have not been a huge supporter of you on personal reasons, but I must say that your posts have been without doubt been fair and very reasonable and have you have never responded to my outbursts against you on that personal reason...

You really can't provide a happy environment to suit everyone and that's a fact that all you admin and mod staff well and truly know.

I really don't see why some on here are complaining to be honest....

The posters still have this site to join and can continue to banter gee what's the problem???

These people can also elect to join a facebook (which was not around when damien started this web site)

For those stop the F*** complaining, you still have the option of joining the General Forum in any case, sop why the F*** complain???

Join up with some twitter or facebook if you don't like it FFS.

Too hard and impossible to please everyone
I think you missed the point St Fid, people seem to have to issues:

(1) No advance notice

(2) Reason it needed to be done and what it will achieve.

That's all.

Spelly
Club Player

I want to know why my ears are burning?! ... but unfortunately I'm still unable to find out why!

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
I think you missed the point St Fid, people seem to have to issues:

(1) No advance notice

(2) Reason it needed to be done and what it will achieve.

That's all.
Point 2 is the main one

Why the GF needs to be hidden away - why General Forum rants and debates need to be hidden away and unavailable to anyone who cares to look at them - whether SS members or unaligned web surfers

Software Limitation? I mean really???? FFS :roll: :roll:

Come on guys what the problem?

For he second time - Who is your Daddy and what does he do?

Also N1ck, I'd like to know your definition of a "reasonable person" and what this has to do with the freedom to access a site / forum and his or her choice to take it or leave it

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Somebody please let me in.

Spurs just beat Arsenal. I need to bump up the EPL thread and gloat.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

I was about to complain about the new setup, but there's really nothing to complain about.

Normal service resumed really.

If you want to read it, subscribe, if you don't, don't.

I still don't get the point tbh other than the mods wanting to show off their computer skills. In my illustrious internet career I've seen a lot worse than the Saintsational General Forum LOL

It's like somebody was reading through a manual and came across the bit on "how to make a forum section subscription only" and thought, "wow, that sounds like fun! lets try that!!!1!23"

HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote: I still don't get the point tbh other than the mods wanting to show off their computer skills.
and their links to spurious intelligence agencies and doing their part to in the great global effort to hide away the real talk - getting nice little pats on their heads from their masters in the great Salo Mansion :wink: :twisted: :wink: